Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kansas City Weather Forecast

Caffrey

I just seen Frank Reich's post-game locker room speech, good feeling.  I also heard him say we play KC on Saturday.

KC plays in a open stadium and the the weather forecast for Saturday is 49 degrees, partly cloudy.

I know we have had playoff success against KC.  They said are 4-0.

1 - We beat KC in about 1997, we got in as the 6th seed wildcard, 9-7 record.  It was QB Jim Harbaugh's breakthrough year.  We beat San Diego in the first wild card game.  Then beat #1 seed KC by a FG.  I felt going into the game we had a good chance. I remember talking smack to a KC fan who came to the Colt forum at that time.  I even boasted before the game, I gave an * 2.5 points prior the day before the game, even thought the Colts was the underdog.  Then we lost the heartbreaker to the Steelers in a game we could've won if any of these 3 things happened

1 - WR Aaron Bailey holding on the the 29 yard hail mary and he had on his stomach before rolling off.   2 - LB Quinten Coryatt holding on to that interception which he would have returned for a TD from midfield.  3 - If the back RB (Marshall Faulk) was hurt, if that RB could have gotten outside he had a wide open field.  The DB from the other side got him by the ankles.

2 - Manning led an offensive barrage in a game we did not have to punt.  I think we lost the next game to the Patriots.

3 - Andrew Luck led us back from the 28 point deficit in the 2nd season.

4 - Almost could not remember the 4th but it was our 2006 Super Bown win year, we stopped RB Larry Johnson big time.  We then went on to beat the Ravens in a defensive battle, then the Pats at home in the "It is our time" game, one of the best games ever.  Interesting year because our running defenses suck during the regular season. Manning and the offense carried us, but the defense turned on the light switch and played well during the 2006 playoff/Super Bowl Run.  Today's announcer prior Colt DT Booger McFarland was on that team via a trade with Tampa Bay just before the trading deadline, so Dungy knew him well.  To bad he got hurt the next year and I think that may been the end of his career.  I like how Booger game good insight in the Tampa 2 defense we play and also how our 2 DT plays the A gap just like Joe Greene and Ernie Holmes with the Steelers.

5 - Upcoming this Saturday.   I feel good about our  chances in this game too.  The KC defense can be scored on.  So lets outscore them, obviously.

Congrats on an outstanding victory today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

Ive got to think with our Oline and rush attack we could beat KC in bad weather 

I don t think so.......They are the highest scoring team in the league...

We have to win a shootout and we are equipped to do so if the weather doesn't cripple our pass attack..and it apparently wont....unusually warm for January

5 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Let's just hope they won't even make it that far..

no i want the pats i want revenge on mcdaniels and kraft for pulling that stunt on us the best revenge would be to go in there and our defense shut down old man brady and beat them down and run the ball against them .  their time is up brady had the worst season of his career he looks horrible there oline is not elite any more no wrs and bad defense .  I WANT THE PATS BRING ON THE PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I’m sure the Patriots ate rooting for the Colts so that they can host the AFCCG. Plus, they’ll know the results in advance.

Pats IMO are going to have trouble with the Ravens or the Chargers, they have lost to some bad teams this season, i think they are finally declining.

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

no i want the pats i want revenge on mcdaniels and kraft for pulling that stunt on us the best revenge would be to go in there and our defense shut down old man brady and beat them down and run the ball against them .  their time is up brady had the worst season of his career he looks horrible there oline is not elite any more no wrs and bad defense .  I WANT THE PATS BRING ON THE PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m sorry to burst your assertions but their defense is still solid, it’s their O that’s not made enough plays. In none of their losses have they given up 30 points, if I remember right.

You beat them by limiting Brady without needing to score 30 points, that’s how you do it. If you give up 30 points, game set match Patriots.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I’m sorry to burst your assertions but their OL and defense are still solid, it’s their O that’s not made enough plays. In none of their losses have they given up 30 points, if I remember right.

Ypu beat them by limiting Brady without needing to score 30 points, that’s how you do it.

their defense is 21 in overall defense it is bad and they play in a horrible division that makes them go up in rankings . i been watching them all season their o line gives up a lot of pressures to brady and he flinches with a little bit of pressure he doesnt wanna take hits anymore.  we match up welll this time shut down the run  we can hold them to 20 points and run the ball down their throat

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I’m sorry to burst your assertions but their OL and defense are still solid, it’s their O that’s not made enough plays. In none of their losses have they given up 30 points, if I remember right.

Ypu beat them by limiting Brady without needing to score 30 points, that’s how you do it.

you rather play the chargers? they have a elite defense and always beat us a great roster their offense is stacked rivers is playing at a mvp level and are balanced and well coached i am scared of chargers they are the worst match up for us

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

you rather play the chargers? they have a elite defense and always beat us a great roster their offense is stacked rivers is playing at a mvp level and are balanced and well coached i am scared of chargers they are the worst match up for us

I’d rather play them because their home field advantage doesn’t scare me.

14 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I would think the way we are set up, the worse the weather, it plays into our hands. 

yes! we throw short passes and run the ball and stop the run very well. we are built for bad weather while kc is built on deep passes .  they are built like the colts with manning we are built like the pats in 01 not the best wrs good defensive and offensive lines and good coaching .  bad weather is good for us

• Like 3

4 hours ago, coming on strong said:

I agree. We can send them packing once and for all. We are a much better team than them since about Week 6.

I am wondering when these Colts fans gonna realize this team is a serious problem for everybody, right now? We have been the best team in football since Week 6, no joke. We tout a great young QB & OL, plus a very stingy defense. And our coaching has been excellent. We just havent played one of the top 2-3 teams to make that statement on the big stage yet. And next week is our chance. If we win this one, everyone is jumping on board.

KC is very nervous about this game. Andy Reid already knows how good Luck is. And, Mahommes has thrown picks in every big game he has had this year, which they cant afford in this game at all. And our defense is playing really good football and has a knack for making big plays.

We are at least gonna make them one dimensional and they have no chance to stop us, on the ground or thru the air. if we take care of the football, we should score a lot of points.

4 hours ago, coming on strong said:

F*** the pats.  Don't care who the colts play.

• Like 2

IMOP the Colts are set up to play in the cold weather this year by controlling time of possession and by running the ball. No deep patterns and getting rid of the ball quicker. Also the defense has grasped the soft zone and the Tampa 2, by not letting anyone get behind them. this defense is geared to play from the lead just like the last 2 Super bowl runs. If Andrew and Co, can establish the run and quick throws and get a good lead the KC Chiefs will be one dimensional. I do not believe the weather will be a factor in this one as I do not believe this will be a shoot out.