Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please Tell Me We Will Do The Right Thing.

chrisfarley

which is Luck. All I'm sayin' is PLEASE PLEASE tell me the FO is locked and loaded as far as drafting Luck. I have done so much study on him and all the comparisons and his capabilities are amazing. He's as intelligent as a QB gets (peyton level intelligent) ....which isn't everything but I'm just worried that with all of these recent decisions, that Grigson and Irsay might shock the world (which they continue to do) and take RGIII ...... or do something crazy like that.... just worried that's all. really worried.

which is Luck. All I'm sayin' is PLEASE PLEASE tell me the FO is locked and loaded as far as drafting Luck. I have done so much study on him and all the comparisons and his capabilities are amazing. He's as intelligent as a QB gets (peyton level intelligent) ....which isn't everything but I'm just worried that with all of these recent decisions, that Grigson and Irsay might shock the world (which they continue to do) and take RGIII ...... or do something crazy like that.... just worried that's all. really worried.

I cannot guarantee what someone else may do.

However, based on my research and evaluation, I come out pretty much where you came out. The better choice, by far, is Andrew Luck.

Stay worried until April 26th when it is announced.

I cannot guarantee what someone else may do.

However, based on my research and evaluation, I come out pretty much where you came out. The better choice, by far, is Andrew Luck.

Stay worried until April 26th when it is announced.

i don't have that much anxiety medication to last till then.

I hope they take Luck. I worry since Grigson was in Philly that he likes that kind of QB that will take off anf run the ball himself instead of a check down pass. If i can't have Manning then I want Luck.

yea, good point.... it would be the worst decision in the history of the draft. they would never be able to live it down unless players turn out to be busts (luck), which won't happen. luck will at least be as good as Matt Ryan and my hope is 150X BETTER.

IF the Colts pick RG3, I will lose it, I couldn't take all those blows at once. Griffin is good, very good but I see much more potential in Luck. He's taller, bigger, smarter, and changes the play at the line, the offense they ran was much like that of the Colts with Peyt. Luck is even goofy like Peyton haha, have you guys seen his interview with Gruden he did this past weekend? LOL.

I will say the Colts have done everything I wanted them to this offseason. I knew Peyton was leaving Indy when it was clear he wouldn't play at all this season. I expected to see a lot of cuts and there were, with Dallas, Brackett, Bullitt, Addai, all out of their prime or injured all the time, these were needed moves that the fans will have mixed feelings about, but we will get through it. I want to see some free agency moves now though, I wouldn't mind picking up a receiver(maybe B Lloyd??..wishful thinking lol) or some defense(like Webb??).

I see brighter days ahead :coltslogo: fans...just be patient, may take a couple years.

You seriously that anxious over the decision?

They are going to take Luck.

anytime I talk meds on this forum, it's tongue-and-cheek but yes, i do worry a bit but i have faith we will do the right thing and this forum helps me believe that even more now.

Hello fellow Colts maniacs, die hard Colts fan since 1984 but after all the madness I have seen taken place this week if we dont draft Andrew Luck it may be hard to pull for the Horseshoe in the future. I will follow Peyton for the rest of his career and may find myself rooting more for Peyton than the Colts. It disgusts me that Irsay and his hinchmen have turned theyre backs on so many great players that made Irsay and the Indianapolis Colts what they are today. I truely hope everything works out for those valuble players that were dismissed. Dallas Clark is one of my Favorite players and one of the greatest TE's to play the game, its a shame what has transpired here over the past several days...

It disgusts me that Irsay and his hinchmen have turned theyre backs on so many great players that made Irsay and the Indianapolis Colts what they are today. I truely hope everything works out for those valuble players that were dismissed. Dallas Clark is one of my Favorite players and one of the greatest TE's to play the game, its a shame what has transpired here over the past several days...

The players we cut and explainations of why it's a good decision:

Dallas Clark-Out of his prime and had tons of drops last year, I dunno if you got a chance to watch most of the games but I repeatedly saw Dallas dropping very catchable balls. Also Jacob Tamme fits our "rebuild" he's younger and has more potential. Dallas looked great with Peyton throwing to him, but who doesn't?

Gary Brackett-Old, out of his prime and was injured for most of last season. We have Pat Angerer who adapted into the MLB position great and is one of my favorite players. Angerer lead the NFL in tackles for most of the year(finished 4th overall).

Joseph Addai- Out of his prime, hasn't shown much since his rookie year aka 06 SB year. Struggled with Injuries a lot too. Donald Brown showed up near the end of the season and showed more promise than I can ever remember. I hope he can continue to get better and shows up like a lot of fans expected. Delone Carter, our rookie RB last year showed potential also.

Curtis Painter- Lol

Melvin Bullitt-Hurt for most of last year and the year before, played in 6 games over the past 2 years. I loved watching Bullitt when he was on the field, but he gets hurt too often and too easily like Bob and we can't afford to pay a guy to sit on the bench every year.

Dwight Freeney(trade talks and speculation)-With Mathis signed, freeney isn't a need but would be a luxury. I would love to see the sack duo back together and stay together but I don't know if paying him makes sense for our "rebuilding". I've seen much more out of Mathis lately than Freeney, I would much rather keep Mathis.

Irsay is not "turning his back", this is a business. With cutting these guys we have freed up a lot of cap space and will be receiving more complementary draft picks due to it, yes I understand they won't be that high of picks, but they are something. All of those players released have had injury problems as of lately and all are out of their prime, on the decline. To rebuild you need players that will get better, not get worse. We will have a very young team next year, but one that will grow together and become a team. I love the moves that Irsay/Grigs/Pags are making and hope fans don't take it too personal/emotional. Change is good, especially when the majority of our team was past the primes of their career(even Peyton). The Colts and the fans have been lucky to have a cast of veterans/players stick together for most of their careers with Peyt at lead. We are moving to a new Era. Look forward to the future and cheer on your team through thick and thin, don't give up because of some offseason moves, it's the NFL, it happens every year.

Now after all of this we didn't pick Luck. Then might have to ban with the mob on the ticked side. Just dont see them passing him up. Watched a ton of tape and a few of his games. He is really looking like the real deal. Can you imagine a mix of manning and Aaron Rogers? That's what he looks like to me. He is a flat out stud. I think with him, combined with our new philosophy and looked to see a more balanced team who won't be so offense dependent.

Bro.... Andrew Luck is going to be an Indy Colt in 2012.

Period.

And he will be well worth all the drama. Dude is a straight up stud.

The players we cut and explainations of why it's a good decision:

Dallas Clark-Out of his prime and had tons of drops last year, I dunno if you got a chance to watch most of the games but I repeatedly saw Dallas dropping very catchable balls. Also Jacob Tamme fits our "rebuild" he's younger and has more potential. Dallas looked great with Peyton throwing to him, but who doesn't?

Gary Brackett-Old, out of his prime and was injured for most of last season. We have Pat Angerer who adapted into the MLB position great and is one of my favorite players. Angerer lead the NFL in tackles for most of the year(finished 4th overall).

Joseph Addai- Out of his prime, hasn't shown much since his rookie year aka 06 SB year. Struggled with Injuries a lot too. Donald Brown showed up near the end of the season and showed more promise than I can ever remember. I hope he can continue to get better and shows up like a lot of fans expected. Delone Carter, our rookie RB last year showed potential also.

Curtis Painter- Lol

Melvin Bullitt-Hurt for most of last year and the year before, played in 6 games over the past 2 years. I loved watching Bullitt when he was on the field, but he gets hurt too often and too easily like Bob and we can't afford to pay a guy to sit on the bench every year.

Dwight Freeney(trade talks and speculation)-With Mathis signed, freeney isn't a need but would be a luxury. I would love to see the sack duo back together and stay together but I don't know if paying him makes sense for our "rebuilding". I've seen much more out of Mathis lately than Freeney, I would much rather keep Mathis.

Irsay is not "turning his back", this is a business. With cutting these guys we have freed up a lot of cap space and will be receiving more complementary draft picks due to it, yes I understand they won't be that high of picks, but they are something. All of those players released have had injury problems as of lately and all are out of their prime, on the decline. To rebuild you need players that will get better, not get worse. We will have a very young team next year, but one that will grow together and become a team. I love the moves that Irsay/Grigs/Pags are making and hope fans don't take it too personal/emotional. Change is good, especially when the majority of our team was past the primes of their career(even Peyton). The Colts and the fans have been lucky to have a cast of veterans/players stick together for most of their careers with Peyt at lead. We are moving to a new Era. Look forward to the future and cheer on your team through thick and thin, don't give up because of some offseason moves, it's the NFL, it happens every year.

Agree with everything you say but in a sense Irsay truly cleaned out the house, now even with players (with more to come?). Thats alot to take in one offseason. It brings up the age old question is it better to rip the bandaid off and get it done quickly or slowly pull the bandaid off? We see which Irsay has opted for.

Lose Peyton, Dallas, Dwight(maybe), Wayne, Addai, Garcon. Do we have anybody else on the team that was on the SB squad? Adam V? Come on really? No offense but a kicker. Mathis, Bethea and a few others.

Its a bitter pill to swallow

Dallas Clark is one of my Favorite players and one of the greatest TE's to play the game, its a shame what has transpired here over the past several days...

Bahhahaha. It stuns me the amount of mileage some of our former players have gotten out of a single good season...Clark had the benifit of playing with the GOAT, on a very pass heavy team, and for all purposes, played WR....Sure, he was a good player once in awhile, but 'greatest' is not a term that should be used to describe a guy who had 3 seasons of his 9 year career over 500 yards.....For reference, Gronk, had over 25% and 40% of Clarks yards and TDs....IN A SINGLE SEASON......

No question in my mind that Luck will be the choice so long as he is healthy on draft day.

As Mitch posted, all of these cuts that have occurred this week have had a rationale basis to them. Time to get young talent again especially at the skill positions.

Irsay is all in on this rebuild. Chips are layed down. We are moving full steam ahead into the future. Get ready.

All of these moves makes one wonder how season ticket renewals would have been had these moves happened "before" the deadline. I too am worried they might outsmart themseves and draft RGIII. If that's the case, it may be my last year and I've been around since 84. I understand most of the cuts have been cap and age related but you have to wonder if it's real wise to cut players that have established the Colt's way in the locker room and the winning mentality (last year excluded). I do wonder if they should have kept some of these guys just to give Luck some veteran leadership? One last thing...there's something about Grigson that bugs me. They got rid of Polian and I believe it was time but his antics and coldness (for lack of a better term) will not be missed. Grigson doesn't portray himself much better. He seems to be another "I know it all" kind of guy to me. The jury is out and obviously you have to give him time but I'm not real impressed with his demeanor so far.

One last thing...there's something about Grigson that bugs me. They got rid of Polian and I believe it was time but his antics and coldness (for lack of a better term) will not be missed. Grigson doesn't portray himself much better. He seems to be another "I know it all" kind of guy to me. The jury is out and obviously you have to give him time but I'm not real impressed with his demeanor so far.

i don't see how grigson's demeanor with the press affects how well he'll do as gm. a lot of smart & well respected people in this business speak glowingly about him

i don't see how grigson's demeanor with the press affects how well he'll do as gm. a lot of smart & well respected people in this business speak glowingly about him

This.

The best coach of our era won't even tell media members what color the sky is if they asked (It's day to day) As long as he remembers to keep pants on when he talks to them, I'm not going to worry about this at all.

I hope they take Luck. I worry since Grigson was in Philly that he likes that kind of QB that will take off anf run the ball himself instead of a check down pass. If i can't have Manning then I want Luck.

Don't sweat it, amff.

If you're referring to Donovan McNabb... Grigson was in the Arena League when the Eagles drafted McNabb.

If you are referring to Michael Vick.... Eagles owner Jeffery Lurie had absolute dictate over that situation in the wake of Vick's prison release, and I suspect that GM Joe Banner and Andy Reid had much, much higher input in the decision than Grigson as well... who was director of college scouting when Vick was signed.

I wouldn't read a thing into what the Eagles QB situation is/was and translate that upon our upcoming draft.... because whatever happens it will be Irsay's call anyway, even more so than when we drafted Peyton.

IMO.... Jim Irsay has slid enough chips into the middle of the table by closing the Manning Era and pointing the Colts to a rebuild, which I agreed with. And beyond the #1 overall pick next month, and perhaps any MAJOR free agency signings we attempt, I'm willing to bet that Irsay backs off and leaves the roster-building to Grigson, Telesco and Pagano because any honest review of Irsay's ownership style tells us he's a mostly "hands off" owner.

This is a franchise QB decision though, and I usually go out of my way to avoid "etched in stone" predictions.... but the Colts #1 overall pick is going to be Andrew Luck.