Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did Leonard lock up the Defensive Rookie of the Year

Smoke317

3 hours ago, runthepost said:

Yes Nelson helps the line but so does the progression of Kelly and Luck getting rid of the ball quickly. Also the giants might have the worst line in the league but take a look at Barkley numbers 223 carries 1155 yards 5.2 yards a carry and 9 Tds , 82 recs 654 yards 4 Tds, he has a chance for 2000 total yards which isn’t easy. That deserves OROTY 

I don't care at all about what numbers say on a silly spread sheet. I watch the games. Giants are still a laughing stock. Quentin has helped transform the offensive line into one of the NFL's best. 

1 minute ago, tweezy32 said:

After the pro bowl voting and leanord not getting in..  I have a feeling he won't win it. He's going to get screwed over. Hopefully he wins it as he should but since he didn't get in the pro bowl I can see him not getting droy

The Pro-Bowl never really bodes well for 4-3 OLBs, since they do just a general OLB spot. Honestly, I think they need to do an EDGE position like they do at the combine so pass rushers are grouped with other pass rushers and off-ball OLBs aren't snubbed.

The only player I see potentially beating him out for DPOY is Derwin James, because he's been a force at the Safety position. 

10 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

After the pro bowl voting and leanord not getting in..  I have a feeling he won't win it. He's going to get screwed over. Hopefully he wins it as he should but since he didn't get in the pro bowl I can see him not getting droy

Fans don't vote on that award.    

He'll win it.

I believed it was going to be a lock, but I agree not making the Pro-Bowl it is scary. Then again rather than him being Defensive Rookie of the year and in the Pro-Bowl  also  a lot of voters may have thought that would have been too much. Folks just love to ignore reality and facts.

5 hours ago, Shive said:

The Pro-Bowl never really bodes well for 4-3 OLBs, since they do just a general OLB spot. Honestly, I think they need to do an EDGE position like they do at the combine so pass rushers are grouped with other pass rushers and off-ball OLBs aren't snubbed.

The only player I see potentially beating him out for DPOY is Derwin James, because he's been a force at the Safety position. 

You don't think Chubb has a shot? Pass Rushers always seem to get the most attention. I think Chubb has a good shot at the rookie sack record, if he gets that, then DROY is going to be his unfortunately. 

From what I've seen in the media is that Derwin James is the top guy to get the award.  Darius should be in front of him but James is the only one competing for it now. Hopefully James doesnt have any good games these remaining two and Darius continues to go off