Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How did Wilson look?

Colts_Fan12

4 hours ago, krunk said:

On the other side of the coin. I'm interested to see if we do anything with Collins at some point. I could be wrong but it feels like Pierre is pretty quiet out there. Not many plays made. Quincy i thought did fine.

You and me both guy has plenty of talent I really hope he is moved up soon 

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

If Hooker wasn't interfering with that TD pass, Wilson prob would've gotten the INT. Nothing against Hooker, just sayin. 

I thought Q Wilson did decently. Mike Mitchell (who also played well) is really rubbing off on him. 

It was the only play I recall seeing Hooker make.

Wilson's always had talent, the issue with him has always been maturity, and to a lesser extent, scheme fit.

I'm all in on Ballard, but the Mitchell acquisition revealed how much is gained when solid vets are mixed into a position group.

Hopefully Wilson keeps learning how to put on big boy pants, and back up his off season confidence with production during the week AND game day!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

He loafed on that weak *** jump play that Desir screwed up too. 

I hope it's because he is still healing, and not because of lack of trying. 

Yeah he did!! I was wondering why in the world he wasn't over there to help. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah he did!! I was wondering why in the world he wasn't over there to help. 

Were we in 2 deep safety mode? Maybe his side of the field was not where Caroo caught the ball. But yeah, Wilson would have had a beautiful interception if not for Hooker. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

If Hooker wasn't interfering with that TD pass, Wilson prob would've gotten the INT. Nothing against Hooker, just sayin. 

I thought Q Wilson did decently. Mike Mitchell (who also played well) is really rubbing off on him. 

Hit him in the hands though. You could tell right after it happened...that he wanted it back. I still want to see him make that play in the future.

I think ball skills for a CB, especially in the current NFL, is a very undervalued skill set. Look at Eddie Jackson...or even Xavien Howard yesterday. If you can catch the ball as a DB...it's a game changer. 

2 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

He loafed on that weak *** jump play that Desir screwed up too. 

I hope it's because he is still healing, and not because of lack of trying. 

It looks like he's laboring around out there. Definitely nowhere near 100%. Wouldn't be surprised if he's getting painkiller shots weekly to play. But at some point, if he's hurting the team as much as himself, they might need to look at shutting him down.

17 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Hit him in the hands though. You could tell right after it happened...that he wanted it back. I still want to see him make that play in the future.

I think ball skills for a CB, especially in the current NFL, is a very undervalued skill set. Look at Eddie Jackson...or even Xavien Howard yesterday. If you can catch the ball as a DB...it's a game changer. 

Oh yeah, Howard is a beast. I want him to be on the Colts

59 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

What was your take on Wilson hooker and the secondary?@Superman

Wilson, Hooker and Mitchell seemed good, to me. The rest of the guys were more problematic.

I need to rewatch because I was distracted a lot during the game, but it seemed like the same story as every week -- too many open receivers, and a few missed tackles. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Superman said:

Wilson, Hooker and Mitchell seemed good, to me. The rest of the guys were more problematic.

I need to rewatch because I was distracted a lot during the game, but it seemed like the same story as every week -- too many open receivers, and a few missed tackles. 

I didn't remember seeing anything bad from Wilson but I wanted some other opinions. I'm ready to see what Collins has to offer the secondary.

15 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Did Hairston get any snaps yesterday???

Kevin Bowen said that he didnt have a single snap, despite being activated, suited up and healthy. Hairston lost his place after being beat early in the Raiders game to Maulet, who then lost his place to Wilson after a poor game vs the Jags. Wilson has been very solid since getting his oppertunity, hopefully he will keep it up.

• Like 1

Wilson played fine.  Hustled hard and hardly had any catches come his way (if any?).  Like Superman said, the other guys on the field were making mistakes.  The sad thing is, they were in position some of the time and still missed tackles.  To me, this makes game #2 of consistency for Wilson.

7 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Kevin Bowen said that he didnt have a single snap, despite being activated, suited up and healthy. Hairston lost his place after being beat early in the Raiders game to Maulet, who then lost his place to Wilson after a poor game vs the Jags. Wilson has been very solid since getting his oppertunity, hopefully he will keep it up.

Yeah I know hairston got benched then was on the injury report now he gotta earn his keep again....he was a fan favorite last season hopefully he bounces back he was decent playing in the slot

16 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Wasnt able to watch him closely. I know he had the near pick in the endzone but not much else any one have insight?

He played well, he almost came up with another interception which was a HELL of a play on his part. I am really starting to see the difference in his game he has stepped it up a lot.