Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign C Jake Kirkpatrick And Qb Trevor Vittatoe

MTC

ok, i was always on board with the cutting of Peyton, but what a stupid thing to tweet so soon, literally a day later.

"we just let go of a future Hall of Fame member and signed some training camp bum!"

What is the point in waiting. Peyton is gone. Irsay has a business to run and training camp will be hear before you know it. Is Peyton lamenting about what went down? NO. He is busy trying to decide what team to play for. Why should Irsay have to have a waiting period before he can do anything?

Wouldn't take much to beat Painter. haha Hope you were joking. I can't even imagine Painter being around next year.

1/2 joking. I don't expect Painter to last much longer either. But I would like to know how much better this Vittatoe would be against a known entity like Painter.

It would make sense to keep Saturday one more year. Luck will have enough on his plate without worrying about making sure the line calls are right.

The QB is camp fodder IMHO. I'm sure we'll have a veteran (not named Painter) holding the clipboard for Luck and trying to help him out.

1/2 joking. I don't expect Painter to last much longer either. But I would like to know how much better this Vittatoe would be against a known entity like Painter.

Better watch it frog cause someone can ask how much better is Luck against a proven Peyton. :hide:

Better watch it frog cause someone can ask how much better is Luck against a proven Peyton. :hide:

haha. I think we will all find out soon enough. I think he will turn out to be very good, but in a different way than Peyton.

I think he will only be a disappointment to those fans who want him to be a younger version of Peyton.

Trouble maker haha

I know it is hard to think about right now, one day after everyone's hero was cut from the team. Raw emotions will override any attempt to be objective about his potential replacement. I meant no trouble by my comments. With time, and with your own eyes you will see soon enough, (if Luck is indeed drafted by the Colts) how good he is.

Someone very wise once said: Time wounds all heels....or something like that.

Lol....I'm not Trevor....let's just say I know a lot more than some people. You can find out just as much with the internet these days though guys, but you got a 3 year signed player for a little to nothing. This is like buying a Lambo at Honda Accord pricing. He's going to do wonders....check the NCAA record books and watch film on this boys arm.....something that you can't teach. You might can make adjustments but you can't teach a cannon thrower.

Lol....I'm not Trevor....let's just say I know a lot more than some people. You can find out just as much with the internet these days though guys, but you got a 3 year signed player for a little to nothing. This is like buying a Lambo at Honda Accord pricing. He's going to do wonders....check the NCAA record books and watch film on this boys arm.....something that you can't teach. You might can make adjustments but you can't teach a cannon thrower.

Im sure he is a fine kid, but he will not be replacing Peyton, i doubt he makes the roster.

Less than 60% completions. Never led his college team to a winning season in the 4 years he was at Texas El-Paso.

However, he did rack up the stats:

14th in passing yardage

15th in passing TDs and total offense

in school history.

I didn't know he threw cannons. I thought he threw footballs. haha

I know it is hard to think about right now, one day after everyone's hero was cut from the team. Raw emotions will override any attempt to be objective about his potential replacement. I meant no trouble by my comments. With time, and with your own eyes you will see soon enough, (if Luck is indeed drafted by the Colts) how good he is.

Someone very wise once said: Time wounds all heels....or something like that.

You know frog I watched him play a few games and he is good but until I see a player play in the NFL I am not going to say he's great. I hope he turns out as good as all the media is hyping and we certainly got lucky by the coach and FO playing Painter as long as they did or we wouldn't have had that pick to begin with. I just want the colts to get back where we were and I think that is going to take time with all the players we will be loosing and they may be getting older but they also have NFL experience to help new players. Well I have said my piece so I better be quiet now. haha

Jeff George had a cannon too. One of the best arms I've ever seen. Look how that turned out.

Less than 60% completions. Never led his college team to a winning season in the 4 years he was at Texas El-Paso.

However, he did rack up the stats:

14th in passing yardage

15th in passing TDs and total offense

in school history.

I didn't know he threw cannons. I thought he threw footballs. haha

Wow. That's low. That's like Tebow low:)

The Colts (AKA The horseshoe) have finally take the lead!. We will not be drafting anyone nor will we be takng on any free agents. They have done the research and this wil be a better way. We will be able to field a team without any of those pesty cap problems! It is a glorious day! What number is Vittatoe?

Yeah, but he is in the top 15 QB's in UTEP history...

Actually he is top 15th in NCAA...#1 at UTEP over Palmer's old records. Also played without a good O - Line.....unlike your powerhouse SEC and Pac - 12's. Give him a line like those guys and he rips defenses apart. He got injured every because of the pressure from the line not holding up but still broke almost every passing records at the school. I guess we will see once he hits camp how good he is. Numbers don't lie!

Jake Kirkpatrick draft prospect summary ... http://www.cbssports...players/1689720

Analysis

Strengths: Explodes quickly off the ball and gets a good push in the run game. Has good awareness and makes quick decisions. Gets outside quickly and block on sweeps and stretch plays. Effective zone blocker. Holds his ground and is tough to shed. Adept at chipping a down lineman and getting to the second level. Neutralizes targets when blocking downfield, staying square and taking on defenders head-up. Responsible for calling out pre-snap blocking assignments. Shows proper knee-bend. Keeps his head on a swivel, adjusts to find the most dangerous pass rusher. Fights well with his hands to keep linemen in front of him. Good lateral agility and can recover after facing a bull rush.

Weaknesses: Does not show great aggression as a pass blocker. Reaches too much and can lose his balance. Does not churn his legs once engaged. Does not sustain blocks long enough and tends to quit on the play. Can be beat with a good swim move. Does not show proper technique to cut-block, allowing defenders to disrupt the play. Lacks experience pulling. Can be beat off the snap by a strong bull rush because he lacks an elite anchor.

Jake Kirkpatrick draft prospect summary ... http://www.cbssports...players/1689720

Analysis

Strengths: Explodes quickly off the ball and gets a good push in the run game. Has good awareness and makes quick decisions. Gets outside quickly and block on sweeps and stretch plays. Effective zone blocker. Holds his ground and is tough to shed. Adept at chipping a down lineman and getting to the second level. Neutralizes targets when blocking downfield, staying square and taking on defenders head-up. Responsible for calling out pre-snap blocking assignments. Shows proper knee-bend. Keeps his head on a swivel, adjusts to find the most dangerous pass rusher. Fights well with his hands to keep linemen in front of him. Good lateral agility and can recover after facing a bull rush.

Weaknesses: Does not show great aggression as a pass blocker. Reaches too much and can lose his balance. Does not churn his legs once engaged. Does not sustain blocks long enough and tends to quit on the play. Can be beat with a good swim move. Does not show proper technique to cut-block, allowing defenders to disrupt the play. Lacks experience pulling. Can be beat off the snap by a strong bull rush because he lacks an elite anchor.

That is why he is coming back! He may be weak as a pass blocker but showed signs of being a good run blocker....and well...we have no receivers..a rookie qb...and we WILL be running the ball. This team is vastly changing from throwing 40 times a game to running 40 times a game. Going to see a ground and pound offense...3 yards and a cloud of dust and an occassional boot leg. We will see 3 yard drops and short passes. Gone are the days of 7 step drops and Peyton to Wayne or Garcon deep on the outside or on the seam to Clark....this team is different. So get ready for it.