Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard needs to act. Get Cooper and perhaps even Bell

threeflight

I have said all along that the Colts are not very far off from being a playoff contender in their division.  Most playoof teams are led by a few star players as a nucleus and then some fair to average players.

The Colts imo could very easily only have one loss imo.....the Patriot game.

As weak as the division is, after today's game I am more convinced than ever that if the Colts acquired Cooper for a 2nd or a 3rd and a 5th, and as a frosting on the cake get Bell?  They would not only be playoff contenders but a team that probably could not win it all this year, but would be strong contenders to win it all next year with the coming FA class and the draft.

Just no reason not to imo. Luck is back and they have the cap space.

Do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Lawrence Owen said:

seriously, why would you even put Bell's name in your title after the day Mack had?

As I said Bell would be a great bonus.  Mack is good, but he is not Bell.  Though I could see the rationale in waiting until next off season to get him.

Would absolutely love to have Cooper now though.  

4 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I have said all along that the Colts are not very far off from being a playoff contender in their division.  Most playoof teams are led by a few star players as a nucleus and then some fair to average players.

The Colts imo could very easily only have one loss imo.....the Patriot game.

As weak as the division is, after today's game I am more convinced than ever that if the Colts acquired Cooper for a 2nd or a 3rd and a 5th, and as a frosting on the cake get Bell?  They would not only be playoff contenders but a team that probably could not win it all this year, but would be strong contenders to win it all next year with the coming FA class and the draft.

Just no reason not to imo. Luck is back and they have the cap space.

Do it.

He isn't going to trade for bell.   He isn't going to give a second for Cooper

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Cooper is well worth a 3rd and a 5th.  Even a second.

Cmon.  

Uh he isn’t playing like it. He can’t even get playing time on the worst team in the NFL. Doesn’t he have a history of dropping passes as well? He isn’t worth giving up guys like Hilton we took in the third or Hairston or Walker who are also starters taken in the 5th rd. He is a marginal talent riding on his college coattails ala another Alabama bust in Trent Richardson.

9 minutes ago, threeflight said:

He is young, has a proven history, talent, speed and height, and a poor qb/coaching philosophy to go against right now.

He's the best of a lot of craptastic options as of today.  No reason to trade draft capital for spotty production, outside of his rookie year, his name might just as well be Donte Moncrief.  Bell, completely insane talent, but one suspension away from a year long ban, and no guarantees as to his readiness, as well as a titanic contract in addition to the trade asset cost...... 

There's only one thing that's worse than a troll...

And that's a troll who thinks he knows what he's talking about.

This thread is the latest example of how little the OP knows about what the Colts are doing this year.

Look,   there are only two choices here....   either the OP is stone cold, heart attack serious,  in which case he's demonstrating how little he's paying attention to Ballard,  in fact, his posts consistantly have a tone that says the poster knows more than Ballard does....

OR....

The poster is a genuine troll and laughing his *** off at all the reactions he's getting.

Is it possible that Ballard makes a trade?    Sure, it's possible.    But is it likely?    No.    Not if what Ballard has said and demonstrated he's trying to do.

Please don't feed the troll.    The less he's engaged,  the better.....     Seriously.

:troll:

• Thanks 1

• MTC locked this topic