Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For anyone who wants to complain about our coaches.....

WoolMagnet

Really, i don't have much of an issue with our coaches.  I don't like our coverage scheme, but i'm not complaining about our front 7's production the first 6 games. either. So give and take.  I just hope we can somehow tighten the holes up in our zones before too much longer or Scott Tolzien could put up 4 TD's and 80% comp % on us...

(yes, that was just for you :P)

2 hours ago, IinD said:

McCoy made some good money off of Peyton's success. He should send him a Rolex or something... Lol

It looks that way now. At the time, I thought McCoy was an adaptable offensive mind who could coach any style of QB -- Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, Peyton Manning. 

For some reason, the past two seasons especially, his play calling has been absolutely atrocious, like he doesn't understand anything about his QB or OL. I wonder what's next for him. He hired Reich and Sirianni in San Diego. I wonder if they will give him a shot in Indy. We don't have a QB coach; I assume we're promoting Marcus Brady next season, but maybe it would help McCoy to get back to some lower level grunt work to reshape his understanding of NFL offenses. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Superman said:

It looks that way now. At the time, I thought McCoy was an adaptable offensive mind who could coach any style of QB -- Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, Peyton Manning. 

For some reason, the past two seasons especially, his play calling has been absolutely atrocious, like he doesn't understand anything about his QB or OL. I wonder what's next for him. He hired Reich and Sirianni in San Diego. I wonder if they will give him a shot in Indy. We don't have a QB coach; I assume we're promoting Marcus Brady next season, but maybe it would help McCoy to get back to some lower level grunt work to reshape his understanding of NFL offenses. 

From what I recall, there was a pattern where every year around week 3 or 4, he would say that the offense didn't have a good enough grasp on his playbook and would need to scale it back. He could dial up great plays, but when your scheme is too complex every single season, that's a problem. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 18to87 said:

Julius Thomas should send PM three Rolex

So true. You could probably throw Decker in there also when he left.

But yeah, Thomas did nothing in his stints in Jax and Miami (I think he was on Miami??).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shive said:

From what I recall, there was a pattern where every year around week 3 or 4, he would say that the offense didn't have a good enough grasp on his playbook and would need to scale it back. He could dial up great plays, but when your scheme is too complex every single season, that's a problem. 

Yeah, maybe he spent all offseason expecting to have Bradford as his QB, and then they went to Rosen earlier than expected.

Either way, his game prep and play calling have been soundly exposed recently. Same thing seemed to happen to Ken Whisenhunt, and Mike Martz, and I guess a lot of guys over the years. Seems like Mike McCarthy is having a similar issue right now in Green Bay.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shive said:

Jon Gruden is the poster child of this...

• Like 1