Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Yes, I Cried

ColtsPacersfan

I knew it would be a sad press conf. But I did not know I would cry, But I did just by watching Irsay and Manning. They were both class acts, I don't think neither of them wanted to come down to this, but it is what it is. What an emotional press conf. As the now old chapter closes on the Indianapolis Colts may the new chapter opened. Good Luck to Manning on wherever he may land. Right now we as Colts fan we should now start our new chapter of the Colts. It might be a bumpy a couple of years. But I still think the Colts will be allright. Who knows maybe Manning will comeback and be a coach somewhere for the Colts rather it be a QB coach or whatever in the future? After his playing days will be over, whenever that will be.

Now its time to look to our future, as era has come to end and a new one begins.Can't wait to see the new Colts, although it will be hard not seeing Manning in a Colts uniform. But this is a new chapter in the Colts, I am excited. No one knows what the future will hold for the Colts. But like Manning said all good things must come to end. This is business in the NFL, the colts is not the first to release their superstar player and they won't be the last. It happens in every pro leagues. Can't wait for the draft in April!!!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew it would be a sad press conf. But I did not know I would cry, But I did just by watching Irsay and Manning. They were both class acts, I don't think neither of them wanted to come down to this but it is what it is. What an emotional press conf. As the now old chapter closes on the Indianapolis Colts may the new chapter opened. Good Luck to Manning on wherever he may land. Now right now we as Colts fan will now start our new chapter of the Colts. It might be a bumpy a couple of years. But I still think the Colts will be allright. Who knows maybe Manning will comeback and be a coach somewhere for the Colts rather it be a QB coach or whatever in the future? After his playing days will be over, whenever that will be. Now its time to look to our future, as era has come to end and a new one begins.Can't wait to see the new Colts, although it will be hard not seeing Manning in a Colts uniform. But this is a new chapter in the Colts I am excited. No one knows what the future will hold for the Colts. But like Manning said all good things must come to end. This is business in the NFL, the colts is not the first to release their superstar player and they won't be the last. It happens in every pro leagues. Can't wait for the draft in April!!!!

Wouldn't surprise me to see Peyton working for the Colts in some capacity when his playing days are over.

ESPN is showing Manning more love than people on here. Now if heck hasnt froze over, someone wake my butt up from this nightmare.

I cried my eyes out watching that. Im ticked, ticked, wanna punch the crap outta something, sad, upset, disgusted, and trying to handle what just happened. Im a Taurus, its expected.

ESPN is showing Manning more love than people on here. Now if heck hasnt froze over, someone wake my butt up from this nightmare.

I cried my eyes out watching that. Im ticked, ticked, wanna punch the crap outta something, sad, upset, disgusted, and trying to handle what just happened. Im a Taurus, its expected.

It'll be fine...just another team to root for...just be blessed that he still wants to play and not retiring like some speculated...

This is the second great player I've seen leave my team in the last couple months...this one just has hard as Albert.

On a side note, there are zero Manning jerseys on pro shop. Glad i bought mine a while back. Peyton, I meet you at the colts game last year in december on the thursday night game. You were nice enough to stop and sign my jersey for me, and had a beif conversation with you. i will treasure that moment forever. I cried then after you walked away. I was so excited and happy. Now, i cry because you are no longer a colt. I followed you from Tennessee and have supported the colts and you for 14 years. I have made no secret i am a Manning fan first. Why people attack those who follow players from college to their pro teams i will never understand. Name calling, fighting, ect.. its ridiculous.

#18 forever.

The toughest part was when they asked him what his favorite memory was and in the middle of answering it he couldn't hold it in anymore and choked up.

That put a lump in my throat for sure.

It'll be fine...just another team to root for...just be blessed that he still wants to play and not retiring like some speculated...

This is the second great player I've seen leave my team in the last couple months...this one just has hard as Albert.

I'm in your boat, too. Cardinals fan here, but I handled Albert's departure much better. That was more about the money and he left St. Louis...this time, it was us letting Manning leave.

I knew it would be a sad press conf. But I did not know I would cry, But I did just by watching Irsay and Manning. They were both class acts, I don't think neither of them wanted to come down to this, but it is what it is. What an emotional press conf. As the now old chapter closes on the Indianapolis Colts may the new chapter opened. Good Luck to Manning on wherever he may land. Right now we as Colts fan we should now start our new chapter of the Colts. It might be a bumpy a couple of years. But I still think the Colts will be allright. Who knows maybe Manning will comeback and be a coach somewhere for the Colts rather it be a QB coach or whatever in the future? After his playing days will be over, whenever that will be.

Now its time to look to our future, as era has come to end and a new one begins.Can't wait to see the new Colts, although it will be hard not seeing Manning in a Colts uniform. But this is a new chapter in the Colts, I am excited. No one knows what the future will hold for the Colts. But like Manning said all good things must come to end. This is business in the NFL, the colts is not the first to release their superstar player and they won't be the last. It happens in every pro leagues. Can't wait for the draft in April!!!!

Perfectly said & Yes I cried!! :ill:

I'll be honest I've shed a tear 3 times as a fan. Once when we came back to beat the pats to go to the super bowl and we won. Two when we lost the super bowl against the Saints. And today this by far was one of the hardest things I've had to watch in sports.

+1

yes I cried also and I am a groan man of 60 . I wish the colts to do well in there endeavor to rebuild. Mr. Irsay gained some respect when he said he thought Peyton would have better chances elsewhere.That had to take a lot to say. I live in Arizona now and maybe the Cards can land a Manning here. God bless both men and hope the both do well.

Well duh! Anyone that wasn't as choked up as Peyton was isn't human.

When Irsay talked about being a young owner and Peyton a 21 year old qb

When Peyton said "I have loved being your qb"

And both were choked up.....I thought to myself, has any owner and any qb every cried like this at a press conference about parting ways?

There is a lot of love between those two........in addition to the love between manning and fans

It was a special time and special people

When manning said "I don't wanna stop" ....... it made me smile. That's who he is, that's why he's great. I really hate losing him

Talk about heart and soul

I'll be honest I've shed a tear 3 times as a fan. Once when we came back to beat the pats to go to the super bowl and we won. Two when we lost the super bowl against the Saints. And today this by far was one of the hardest things I've had to watch in sports.

Funny, I have a similar list. Only three times for me too. Growing up in Maryland, and an Orioles fan, the day Cal Ripken retired, the Colts beating NE in the AFC Championship to go to the Super Bowl, and today. Tough day.

We need a "statue" of Peyton Manning outside of Lucas Oil Stadium, like they did for Michael Jordan in Chicago. I believe it's the right thing to do.

Ha! Let's at least wait until he retires...

How akward would it be for him to bring another team into Indy and point out a statue to himself?

After he retires though, I'd even chip in money for a Peyton Statue Fund!