Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Remember that Peyton Manning Thread a Few Weeks Ago?

NewColtsFan

We had a thread a few weeks back when someone asked why was it that Peyton was visiting several NFL teams to work with their QB's,  but had not yet stopped by Indy.     What was up with that.

And one of our posters,  surprised many (me included)  by announcing that Peyton was a bad guy.    That he hated Irsay,  that he hated the Colts,  that he chooses to live in Denver rather than Indianapolis....   and on and on....    To me, at least,  it was pretty stunning.

Well....    the Colts held their annual kick-off luncheon today,  and who was the special guest speaker for the event? 

Yup.....    Peyton Manning.     He was the first person interviewed.     Head of Irsay, or Ballard,  or Reich,  or Luck,  or anyone else.

Here's Peyton being interviewed for 20 minutes.

https://www.colts.com/video/2018-kickoff-luncheon-peyton-manning-kicks-it-off

Later,  he did a separate one-on-one interview with Carolina Cann for 7 minutes that is right here....

https://www.colts.com/video/peyton-manning-talks-reich-luck-vinatieri-s-lengthy-career-new-addition-to-the-f

I hope this puts the question of how Peyton really feels about the Colts to rest,  once and for all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

We had a thread a few weeks back when someone asked why was it that Peyton was visiting several NFL teams to work with their QB's,  but had not yet stopped by Indy.     What was up with that.

And one of our posters,  surprised many (me included)  by announcing that Peyton was a bad guy.    That he hated Irsay,  that he hated the Colts,  that he chooses to live in Denver rather than Indianapolis....   and on and on....    To me, at least,  it was pretty stunning.

Well....    the Colts held their annual kick-off luncheon today,  and who was the special guest speaker for the event? 

Yup.....    Peyton Manning.     He was the first person interviewed.     Head of Irsay, or Ballard,  or Reich,  or Luck,  or anyone else.

Here's Peyton being interviewed for 20 minutes.

https://www.colts.com/video/2018-kickoff-luncheon-peyton-manning-kicks-it-off

Later,  he did a separate one-on-one interview with Carolina Cann for 7 minutes that is right here....

https://www.colts.com/video/peyton-manning-talks-reich-luck-vinatieri-s-lengthy-career-new-addition-to-the-f

I hope this puts the question of how Peyton really feels about the Colts to rest,  once and for all.

Spot on as usual. I have been preaching now for a year that Peyton still loves Indy and he Irsay get along great. Some people just want to stir up negative Bull just to do so. Thanks for this Post.

• Thanks 2

I love Peyton's interviews, they're usually pretty good. He said during that SNL skit where he's throwing the footballs at the kids, he felt like it was crossing the line and he wasn't going to do it. Then one of the kid's parents that was there told Peyton, "I want you to hit my kid directly in the face." Peyton says, "alright, I will hit your kid in the face." Then the SNL skit was evolved. Love it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

As far as Peyton living in Indy how many of us would rather wake up and look out the window and see Colorado or eastern Tennessee?  It would be a pretty easy choice if I had the money he has.

As far as someone suggesting he hated Irsay  had to be one of the most asinine comments ever made. Irsay wrote him a lot of checks for a lot of money over his time ay Indy.  The nonsense about Peyton hating Irsay over him being cut is exactly that, nonsense.

Peyton is a smart guy and he know Irsay didn't have any other choice under the circumstances with drafting Luck #1.  Peyton himself didn't know if he was ever going to play again. Irsay was not going to gamble the future of the franchise on an unknown.

I have no doubt that Irsay was truly at odds at letting Peyton walk.

• Like 1

Peyton likes the Colts and Indy.  Why wouldn't he?  He's not some tribalistic rube who holds a permanent grudge or even had one in the first place.  He's a true professional.  Which is why he wouldn't be on the sideline of training camp, or a game, but would relegate his appearances and influences to more ceremonial stuff.  At least for a while longer.

26 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

As far as Peyton living in Indy how many of us would rather wake up and look out the window and see Colorado or eastern Tennessee?  It would be a pretty easy choice if I had the money he has.

As far as someone suggesting he hated Irsay  had to be one of the most asinine comments ever made. Irsay wrote him a lot of checks for a lot of money over his time ay Indy.  The nonsense about Peyton hating Irsay over him being cut is exactly that, nonsense.

Peyton is a smart guy and he know Irsay didn't have any other choice under the circumstances with drafting Luck #1.  Peyton himself didn't know if he was ever going to play again. Irsay was not going to gamble the future of the franchise on an unknown.

I have no doubt that Irsay was truly at odds at letting Peyton walk.

Without a doubt... Jim Irsay was in a pretty bad spot really. He made the call that gave him (and his daughters) a future. He released Peyton and allowed him to choose his own path, out of respect to him. 

Peyton has to look back and realize that he could not have had the teams he played with in Denver, in Indy. Two superbowl appearances with another championship to his resume... we can all assume what would have happened in Indy, but it would have been hard to replicate what he did in Denver to finish his career. 

• Like 2