Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby Brissett

NannyMcafee

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not nessceraly.  Say Luck gets hurt in week 15 next year and is going to miss a game or two and the Colts need those games to make the playoffs.  I’d rather have Brissett back there than a guy the level of Tolizen and a first or second round draft pick the following year.

IMO if Brissett can't be resigned the Colts need to salvage what they can for him.

If you feel they should let him walk it's a difference of opinion.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

IMO if Brissett can't be resigned the Colts need to salvage what they can for him.

That’s fine if it’s a difference of opinion I never questioned your opinion you questioned mine.  I get why people think they should trade him.  I don’t agree with it.

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Wouldn't you think getting a good pick for him would be better than letting him walk?

I know this depends on Luck being healthy but in the middle of a rebuild I would take the pick if he can't be resigned.

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

His trade value is more this year.  Next year, any team trading for him must know they can sign him to a contract/extension immediately before making the trade.

14 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

His trade value is more this year.  Next year, any team trading for him must know they can sign him to a contract/extension immediately before making the trade.

He trade value is highest right now IMO. He's still on his rookie contract with this year and next year under team control. 

11 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Oh, he is earning his money no doubt. It's looking like Ballard fleeced the Patriots giving them Dorsett for him. That alone itself was pretty sly.

If he is end up traded for a good pick or a good player it just sweetens the deal.

Looks like Dorsett will be the Pat's # 2 WR to start the season. Probably only until Edelman is back but maybe a sign that he's getting a little better .

On 8/24/2018 at 1:16 PM, TheMose said:

I don't think it is Irsay saying "dumb stuff." I think it is Irsay trying to upsell Brissett for an unlikely 1st, a slightly less unlikely 2nd, or a great deal for us 3rd. I actually think it is very smart. And even though I think the Patriots lost this trade big time, if Gucci Garopp goes for a 2nd rounder, anything more than a 3rd is wishful thinking.

Irsay pretty much admitted that yesterday during the game. Called himself a "salesman" or something along those lines after he made that statement. Maybe we can flip Brissett for a draft pick and a RT.

1 minute ago, Bshultz said:

Irsay pretty much admitted that yesterday during the game. Called himself a "salesman" or something along those lines after he made that statement. Maybe we can flip Brissett for a draft pick and a RT.

Yea I heard that. Said he knows he's supposed to be a salesman for him but at this time, they are not interested in moving him. Which I think is just a way to raise his value.

2 hours ago, dw49 said:

Looks like Dorsett will be the Pat's # 2 WR to start the season. Probably only until Edelman is back but maybe a sign that he's getting a little better .

The Patriots refused to sign Dorsett on his 5th year option making him a free agent next year. Evidently he hasn't impressed anyone there.

45 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Patriots refused to sign Dorsett on his 5th year option making him a free agent next year. Evidently he hasn't impressed anyone there.

That (what you have) is ridiculous. Because the Pats declined to pay Dorsett $9,387,000 for 2019 doesn't mean he hasn't improved. What I said was he has a chance to start the season as NE's # 2 . Your statement befuddles me as it's off the wall.

5 minutes ago, dw49 said:

That (what you have) is ridiculous. Because the Pats declined to pay Dorsett $9,387,000 for 2019 doesn't mean he hasn't improved. What I said was he has a chance to start the season as NE's # 2 . Your statement befuddles me as it's off the wall.

yeah the Patriots thought so much of him he started 2 games for them last season. 

1 hour ago, Hi-Tek said:

Looks better than Luck. The Colts should start Brissett. 

Luck was 8-10 yesterday with 1 TD and no INT's/no Fumbles and ran for 30 Yards against the 49ers 1st string. If you want to bash Luck wait until he has a bad game at least like against the Ravens. Bashing him after he played Great makes you look silly.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

yeah the Patriots thought so much of him he started 2 games for them last season. 

I'm only sharing what I've read. Never said I talked to Patriot "brass" about Dorsett. What is wrong with you ?

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/25/phillip-dorsett-seems-to-be-breaking-out-just-in-time/

https://nesn.com/2018/08/patriots-panthers-film-review-why-were-now-higher-on-phillip-dorsett/

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/2018/08/patriots_phillip_dorsett_works_toward_expanded_receiving_role

3 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Nothing wrong with me at all. It is you who is getting bent out of shape. 

Dorsett has been a bust. It don't take a rocket scientist to know that.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Nothing wrong with me at all. It is you who is getting bent out of shape. 

Dorsett has been a bust. It don't take a rocket scientist to know that.

Are you a rocket scientist ?

BTW.. you need a verb in that first sentence .

Oh .. and it should be "doesn't "  not "don't."

But you do have one correct sentence out of the three.

2 minutes ago, dw49 said:

No I am not a rocket scientist. But I am smart enough to know that Dorsett has been a bust. He has started 7 whole games in his three year career.  He has 55 catches and 3 TDs in three seasons. 

Now if you want to make an issue over my facts carry on.

21 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Oh .. and it should be "doesn't "  not "don't."

But you do have one correct sentence out of the three.

Can't attack my facts on Dorsett so you revert to attacking me like you are an English teacher.

Figures.

49 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Can't attack my facts on Dorsett so you revert to attacking me like you are an English teacher.

Figures.

What I said was Dorsett was said to be having a good camp and is said to have a good chance to start as the #2 receiver . From that , I said maybe he's improving. I never mentioned his previous 3 seasons in NFL. Never talked about him being a bust up to this point. It's obviously true that he was a bust for the Colts. 

My exact quote is this....

"Looks like Dorsett will be the Pat's # 2 WR to start the season. Probably only until Edelman is back but maybe a sign that he's getting a little better ."

How you took it to where you did is for sure not rocket science. It's much more in line with a person that writes 2 or 3 sentences incorrectly. You really need to read and try to comprehend . I never discussed anything but the "word" around the NE camp is what I said.  

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

On the radio here in mass they said he was the only bright spot in the last game.  I didn’t watch it.  Just heard that.  

35 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

On the radio here in mass they said he was the only bright spot in the last game.  I didn’t watch it.  Just heard that.  

Under the circumstances if Dorsett can't be successful in Belichicks system he will never be successful.

• Like 1