Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nick Foles MR results (pending)

ColtsBlueFL

I'm on a tiny edge about Nick Foles MRI results on his shoulder.  Of course I have a small concern for his Labrum or Rotator Cuff.  Carson Wentz had both ACL and LCL injury, so rehab might go longer than start of the season to be fully ready?

And Pats Isiah Wynn out for season (last night) with ACL. {EDIT: Achilles}

Waiting for Foles updates...

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think I read this morning that Wynn’s injury us a torn Achilles, not a knee.

I thought that was the headline that I saw at a glance.   

Yes, Achilles.  You're right. I have ACL on my mind a lot recently. (Including Wentz recovery)

I saw the first half, pretty hard hitting game at times IMO for just a preseason game. I sensed some Super Bowl edge though going on in the air. Not shocked injuries happened. Pats lose that promising Wynn and Foles honestly looked like hot smelly garbage. 

"30 year old Tom Brady" played the entire first half, not sure that dude is ever going to look 41 but I have hope!!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

I saw the first half, pretty hard hitting game at times IMO for just a preseason game. I sensed some Super Bowl edge though going on in the air. Not shocked injuries happened. Pats lose that promising Wynn and Foles honestly looked like hot smelly garbage. 

"30 year old Tom Brady" played the entire first half, not sure that dude is ever going to look 41 but I have hope!!!!

Soon it will be the announcers saying this, 45 year old Tom Brady back to pass :spit:

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Soon it will be the announcers saying this, 45 year old Tom Brady back to pass :spit:

It was only preseason, but I wonder if Foles can keep the magical fairy dust going on this year.

Also, the Pats made legit stops. Wonder what the heck their defensive game plan was in the SB or if it was Matt Patricia's fault?

1 minute ago, Jules said:

It was only preseason, but I wonder if Foles can keep the magical fairy dust going on this year.

Also, the Pats made legit stops. Wonder what the heck their defensive game plan was in the SB or if it was Matt Patricia's fault?

Not sure how bad Foles shoulder is yet but the Pats are Very Good if not Great every year. With their Starters playing, last night doesn't surprise me. I was very surprised they lost to Philly in the SB.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure how bad Foles shoulder is yet but the Pats are Very Good if not Great every year. With their Starters playing, last night doesn't surprise me. I was very surprised they lost to Philly in the SB.

Philly got hot at the right time in the playoffs, happens a lot in the NFL. And Pats have fallen victim to this before like with the Giants in 2007. Not shocked they lost the 2011 SB, didn't think the Pats were all that great that season. But this past year and 2007 I think they should have won it all. I had them losing to Philly since well.......just a hunch. But I NEVER imagined in my wildest dreams they would give up over 40 points to a backup QB. I figured if they lost it would resemble the 2007 SB and be a low scoring defensive slug feast.

I used to think the Celtics got Boston revenge on the Philly Sixers in the playoffs due to some of the C's backups going on that hot streak too. Not convinced they can repeat it though, they will need Kyrie and Gordon for the next playoffs IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Philly got hot at the right time in the playoffs, happens a lot in the NFL. And Pats have fallen victim to this before like with the Giants in 2007. Not shocked they lost the 2011 SB, didn't think the Pats were all that great that season. But this past year and 2007 I think they should have won it all. I had them losing to Philly since well.......just a hunch. But I NEVER imagined in my wildest dreams they would give up over 40 points to a backup QB. I figured if they lost it would resemble the 2007 SB and be a low scoring defensive slug feast.

I used to think the Celtics got Boston revenge on the Philly Sixers in the playoffs due to some of the C's backups going on that hot streak too. Not convinced they can repeat it though, they will need Kyrie and Gordon for the next playoffs IMO.

I have the Celtics winning the East in Basketball as a real early pick but that is another topic which we will discuss in the future on the Basketball Thread. My Pacers, Sixers, Raptors will challenge. 

-Regrading Nick Foles, I don't see him playing that much this season with Wentz getting healthy. He caught lightning in a bottle like Flacco did in 2012. To his credit he deserves alot of credit for that SB win but I would put my money on that he will never play like that again in any Playoff setting. When it comes to the Patriots in the SB game, every single one could've went either way. They could be 8-0 or 0-8 so I think Brady will take 5-3. 2007 still has to sting though, 19-0 never happens and they had their chance.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have the Celtics winning the East in Basketball as a real early pick but that is another topic which we will discuss in the future on the Basketball Thread. My Pacers, Sixers, Raptors will challenge. 

-Regrading Nick Foles, I don't see him playing that much this season with Wentz getting healthy. He caught lightning in a bottle like Flacco did in 2012. To his credit he deserves alot of credit for that SB win but I would put my money on that he will never play like that again in any Playoff setting. When it comes to the Patriots in the SB game, every single one could've went either way. They could be 8-0 or 0-8 so I think Brady will take 5-3. 2007 still has to sting though, 19-0 never happens and they had their chance.

Eagles IMO will need Wentz this season to make another run. Like you I don't trust Foles to do it again. And since the NFC East is kinda topsy turvy it's not even a slam dunk given it's going to go to them again the way history is.

The NBA can be pretty predictable, but the NFL outside of Brady and in the old days Peyton, can switch like underwear. And if Rodgers is healthy for most of the year there is almost zero doubt GB makes the playoffs too but making a playoff run for them is often difficult it seems.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I actually like all 3 Jets QB's (really? Really!) better then Hackenberg.  Might need Nate Sudfeld and Callahan to step up.  We'll see.

I think PT was being sarcastic. Lol. Not even Pederson can help Hack.

28 minutes ago, Jules said:

Eagles IMO will need Wentz this season to make another run. Like you I don't trust Foles to do it again. And since the NFC East is kinda topsy turvy it's not even a slam dunk given it's going to go to them again the way history is.

The NBA can be pretty predictable, but the NFL outside of Brady and in the old days Peyton, can switch like underwear. And if Rodgers is healthy for most of the year there is almost zero doubt GB makes the playoffs too but making a playoff run for them is often difficult it seems.

I don't think the Eagles Repeat, they could be it's rare anybody does. Pats/Brady haven't Repeated since 2004. Peyton never Repeated either. I think it's Minnesota's year but the Rams look really good if Donald signs. They added Suh and Talib as well. Goff learned alot last year and looks like a Good QB. 

-Update, Foles has a minor Shoulder Sprain, so that is somewhat good news.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stitches said:

From what I've heard the Eagles really like Nate Sudfeld. I think Ballard tried to steal him from their practice squad too, but they activated him in order to prevent him from being snatched. 

How would you know this? Serious question not being sarcastic.

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

That is good news.  Recovery now much shorter/easier.

This kind of brings me back to Brissett.  I know there has been a lot of talk about trading him. IMO keeping him around if possible would be worth more than a draft pick if he is needed.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jules said:

Amen sister Amen. Brady sure looked like he shows no signs of slowing down.  I have no idea how TB keeps playing at a high level for so long. Avocado ice cream? I think not.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's what I'm afraid of too man. I wanna say "Watcha Talkin' Bout Willis?" Different Strokes TV Show reference meaning a person is crazy with their assertion, but I really can't since Brady could pull this milestone off given how protected professional field generals are now.

5 hours ago, Jules said:

That is a darn good question Jules. Particularly, the Patricia angle. For yrs, we all heard out of Boston what a genius Matt was & then, the Pats couldn't stop anybody on D.

Look, I know Malcolm Butler not playing hurt NE chances to get their 6th Lombardi & tie the Pittsburgh Steelers but, when the HC pedigree is defense, why not pull rank & take over? I would have. Feelings be darned. I'm trying to win the game & duplicate ring history man.

58 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

This kind of brings me back to Brissett.  I know there has been a lot of talk about trading him. IMO keeping him around if possible would be worth more than a draft pick if he is needed.

I completely agree with your post CC1. Jacoby is a solid backup & tough as nails. It would be foolhardy to let him go. Not enough people talk about this. How essential a good 2nd string QB is. I saw Brissett improve over time & with a better OL his confidence will only grow because it gives the QB the extra second or two to make a critical 3rd down completion. Plus, JB would be wise to want to stay in INDY with a GM who knows what he's doing now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, w87r said:

Pretty common knowledge last year.

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Bolt/Colts-tried-to-sign-Nate-Sudfeld-off-Eagles-practice-squad-109848994/

There are multiple articles about it, just posted this link because it was 1st in my search.

Thanks, I had forgot about this. For some reason I thought he was talking about this year.