Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Press Conference Is At Noon

TubaGuy

And I have every expectation that at the press conference, both Irsay and Manning will say exactly the right things, and this will be done right.

And once again the frog is 100% correct.

Both men seemed genuine and both did what they thought was in the best interests of everyone

I think they both want to show that this is just a business decision made inthe best interest of the franchise...

They'll have to be convincing

I know it's hard for us as fans to understand, but I really am thinking they both made the right decision. We aren't a superbowl team. That's just the reality of it. We have some serious rebuilding to do and Manning is at the point in his career where he wants to win superbowls.

I really do think both men wanted to find a way for it to work, but in the end they both realized that it just didn't make sense and that this was the best decision for both moving forward.

How you holding up Mark? (I was worried about you yesterday)

Reading between the lines at the news conference, it sound like Irsay told Manning......."I would like to have you back but, this team isn't good and won't be good for a few years and you need to go somewhere where you will have a chance of success in your final years".....at least, that's what I heard.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 7, 2012 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, March 7, 2012 - inflammatory

Im in tears watching Manning cry. What a true honest man. My god. Peyton i will follow you to where ever you go. Adios Irsay. My loyalty goes to peyton for his honesty.

Please BAN this tool before someone that we like tells him off and gets banned!! darn TROLLS!!

Irsay you are a liar. Peyton told the truth. It isnt about money like peyton said. Irsay wants luck period. And manning wants to play period. Thats what happened.

Well clearly your sign in name is accurate. Its quite obvious that you were never a Colts fan, so if you bail now or in 3 years, big deal.

I am not going to lie, I was emotional during the presser, I was sad to see the end of an era. I was sad to see two true friends parting ways. You act as if Irsay is some bad guy who >>>ed over Peyton. He paid the guy $26,000,000 last year for doing nothing.

The team is under cap issues and you cannot take the cap risk if Manning is paid and just cant play like he used to. Our bad cap situation just becomes a cluster F.

The problem is many fans cant separate the business from emotions. Maybe I see it from the other side as I am a business owner, certainly nothing on that level, but I can see hwy they are doing what they are doing. I am just as sad as anyone, I was a fan of the Colts before Manning and saw the best 14 years of my fandom with Manning and I will be eternally grateful for that. But everything has to come to an end. To be honest this is better for both parties.

1 - Its better for Peyton because this is NOT a good team, it is NOT going to win a championship, its not going to win the AFC South either, its just not a very talented roster. Houston would be better at every position except QB and Manning is not good enough to overcome that. He will have a much better chance at getting a ring with Arizona, San Fran, Baltimore, Houston, Miami, etc. Just better talent on both sides of the ball. I hope he does win a ring, I will pull for him anytime he laces em up except when he plays my TEAM.

2 - It is better for the organization because we are rebuilding, like it or not its happening. This is going to be a several year deal at minimum, this team is not as talented as the 98 team Manning inherited. There is no Harrison or Faulk. Sure we would win more games with Manning versus Luck, no question, but at some point Luck has to play and whats the real difference between winning 2-3 games or 8-9? The only difference is 2-3 wins gets you better picks.

I dont want to lose games, I want to win a title next year, but I am not blind. I can see that we are not going to do anything in the playoffs with or without Peyton.

Im in tears watching Manning cry. What a true honest man. My god. Peyton i will follow you to where ever you go. Adios Irsay. My loyalty goes to peyton for his honesty.

Wow, sure seemed to me like it was'nt a great day for Mr. Irsay either. Both are classy guys. You do have to remember that it is a business.We should be grateful for the time we had Manning.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 7, 2012 - responding to removed post
Hidden by Nadine, March 7, 2012 - responding to removed post

Please BAN this tool before someone that we like tells him off and gets banned!! darn TROLLS!!

Ban me for what? Having an opinion. Your handle is P-Money, so wth are you talking about?

Well clearly your sign in name is accurate. Its quite obvious that you were never a Colts fan, so if you bail now or in 3 years, big deal.

I am not going to lie, I was emotional during the presser, I was sad to see the end of an era. I was sad to see two true friends parting ways. You act as if Irsay is some bad guy who >>>ed over Peyton. He paid the guy $26,000,000 last year for doing nothing.

The team is under cap issues and you cannot take the cap risk if Manning is paid and just cant play like he used to. Our bad cap situation just becomes a cluster F.

The problem is many fans cant separate the business from emotions. Maybe I see it from the other side as I am a business owner, certainly nothing on that level, but I can see hwy they are doing what they are doing. I am just as sad as anyone, I was a fan of the Colts before Manning and saw the best 14 years of my fandom with Manning and I will be eternally grateful for that. But everything has to come to an end. To be honest this is better for both parties.

1 - Its better for Peyton because this is NOT a good team, it is NOT going to win a championship, its not going to win the AFC South either, its just not a very talented roster. Houston would be better at every position except QB and Manning is not good enough to overcome that. He will have a much better chance at getting a ring with Arizona, San Fran, Baltimore, Houston, Miami, etc. Just better talent on both sides of the ball. I hope he does win a ring, I will pull for him anytime he laces em up except when he plays my TEAM.

2 - It is better for the organization because we are rebuilding, like it or not its happening. This is going to be a several year deal at minimum, this team is not as talented as the 98 team Manning inherited. There is no Harrison or Faulk. Sure we would win more games with Manning versus Luck, no question, but at some point Luck has to play and whats the real difference between winning 2-3 games or 8-9? The only difference is 2-3 wins gets you better picks.

I dont want to lose games, I want to win a title next year, but I am not blind. I can see that we are not going to do anything in the playoffs with or without Peyton.

It is hard to believe that people think this is more important to them, THEN IT IS TO TO PM and JI.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 7, 2012 - off topic
Hidden by Nadine, March 7, 2012 - off topic

Btw, ive got over a 1000 posts on here and your what, 400? Whos calling who names here.

Who cares how many post u have?? I have over a 1000 too no big deal hot shot. Ur not a colts fan anymore so just wait till manning joins a new team and go join their forum.

Btw, ive got over a 1000 posts on here and your what, 400? Whos calling who names here.

Oooh... You got 1000 posts. Your Super Bad! Give me a break. Do I like Peyton? Yes I do but I love the Colts and everything ends at some point. You have no love for this team obviously so why are you here? Go hitch a ride in Mannings jockstrap and leave us Colts fans alone. You can reply but I wont see it since your posts are now blocked. Later

Oooh... You got 1000 posts. Your Super Bad! Give me a break. Do I like Peyton? Yes I do but I love the Colts and everything ends at some point. You have no love for this team obviously so why are you here? Go hitch a ride in Mannings jockstrap and leave us Colts fans alone. You can reply but I wont see it since your posts are now blocked. Later

No you didnt.. putty in my hands. What a bunch of children.