Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lesean Mccoy accused of domestic violence

CR91

This is what I hate about the world.  File a police report.....nope.  We'll post a picture on instagram and tag TMZ......sigh.  Tag CNN? nope.  Tag the NY Times? nope.  Tag Fox News? nope.  Note even ESPN.  They went straight to the top of the Millennial news feed and tagged TMZ!  That's how you know its serious!

Tagging TMZ makes it look more like a cash grab than someone looking for justice.  And it looks like it wasn't even the victim of an attack that made the instagram allegations, it was the friend?  And apparently drug use, beating kids and kicking dogs wasn't enough for the friend to speak up?  The allegation reads like a spiteful crazy person than someone wanting to protect their friend.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, our_dbs_rock said:

This is what I hate about the world.  File a police report.....nope.  We'll post a picture on instagram and tag TMZ......sigh.  Tag CNN? nope.  Tag the NY Times? nope.  Tag Fox News? nope.  Note even ESPN.  They went straight to the top of the Millennial news feed and tagged TMZ!  That's how you know its serious!

Tagging TMZ makes it look more like a cash grab than someone looking for justice.  And it looks like it wasn't even the victim of an attack that made the instagram allegations, it was the friend?  And apparently drug use, beating kids and kicking dogs wasn't enough for the friend to speak up?  The allegation reads like a spiteful crazy person than someone wanting to protect their friend.

Better get used to it, because now with the advent of Youtube, everyone is their own journalist. Credentials are dead. Anyone can pretend to be an excellent reporter, editor, chief, etc. The worst part is these Internet sites garner money based on clicks and views; therefore, shocking headlines is what puts food on the table, and no doubt some of these athletes know this and are more than happy to exploit the system by lending these nutjobs a juicy story.

I was talking about this on another forum.  

Apparently the accusation, is that McCoy sent goons of his to beat her up.  

Also the woman who made the post claimed apparently that a police report has been filed.  She later took down the post because she said the police told her to.  

I'm not taking sides yet but apparently this is little more complex then it sounds at first.

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2018 at 7:16 AM, pgt_rob said:

If true, RIP McCoy's career.

Its bad....I dont want to believe it...

But if he set her up to be beaten like this?

....and was working out in some other state so he had an alibi?   'plausable deniability' ?

That's a criminal mind.

• Like 1

The authorities and NFL are both investigating.  Let's not try this in the media or court of public forums.

It appears somebody wanted this in the public domain before money/etc.. could stifle any talk/details.  but there will n ot be enough 'out there' for us to judge.  Let's wait.  remember, sometimes high powered lawyers getting huge sums compensation can alter what would otherwise appear to be possibly quite evident.  The NFL doesn't play by those rules anymore.  'Shady' might get protection from being associated as one hiring a 'goon' to do dirty work.  But if NFL thinks it was 'more likely than not' that it happened, well...

Let's let this play out.  By the work of the authorities and the NFL.

{EDIT: I heard today on NFL radio they believe it is reported he was trying to recover a ring (maybe more?) he gave her previously, via a third party.}

On July 11, 2018 at 1:12 PM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

So sad.. I hate to see that.. I hope whoever did this will pay the penalty 

Yes, I hope that woman gets legal justice through the courts eventually as well C-1023. 

Nobody & I mean nobody deserves that kind of treatment. 

On July 11, 2018 at 7:16 AM, pgt_rob said:

If true, RIP McCoy's career.

I tend to agree with that sentiment as well PGT. I realize everyone is entitled to a presumption of innocence until they are proven guilty in a court of law. I will give him that presumption for now. However, if Mr. McCoy hired this intruder to reclaim jewelry from the victim or just intimidate her. He is some serious legal trouble & criminal jeopardy. I hope the man wasn't this foolish or cruel. 

On 7/14/2018 at 7:11 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

The authorities and NFL are both investigating.  Let's not try this in the media or court of public forums.

It appears somebody wanted this in the public domain before money/etc.. could stifle any talk/details.  but there will n ot be enough 'out there' for us to judge.  Let's wait.  remember, sometimes high powered lawyers getting huge sums compensation can alter what would otherwise appear to be possibly quite evident.  The NFL doesn't play by those rules anymore.  'Shady' might get protection from being associated as one hiring a 'goon' to do dirty work.  But if NFL thinks it was 'more likely than not' that it happened, well...

Let's let this play out.  By the work of the authorities and the NFL.

{EDIT: I heard today on NFL radio they believe it is reported he was trying to recover a ring (maybe more?) he gave her previously, via a third party.}

It is hard to know who is telling the truth.

Did you see this update on the story (below)? The woman's lawyer says that the woman is not sure that McCoy is the one responsible for this.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/53a832ae-0b4d-3809-a0c4-7e3bb15b3b8e/ss_lesean-'shady'-mccoy's.html

Could McCoy have paid her to say that she is not certain that he is involved? Or perhaps she is worried about being sued for defamation of character, as she has no concrete proof that he was involved yet she reported it as if she did? Who knows...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why can't everyone be like Andrew Luck and just read books, watch Mr Rogers, and own a flip phone. The world would be a much better place. The picture of that girls face is awful.

Well said CBE. Speaking of Mr. Rogers, that documentary on his life is supposed to be really good too. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Fred Rogers. He was the first person I ever saw on TV show a person in a wheelchair & talk about how their contributions were valuable & beneficial in society. When he died, it hit me really hard. I even cried.

You have to understand how experts in the 70's thought kids with disabilities couldn't learn & needed to be institutionalized back in the day. Both Sesame Street & Mr. Rogers Neighborhood were instrumental in shattering that negative stereotype about people with disabilities. Ray Charles was cool too. I remember asking my mom when I was little "how did a blind person get to Sesame Street & play piano too? LOL!

Sorry to get so personal there buddy. I just hold Fred Rogers & Sesame Street in the highest acclaim since both shows embraced diversity & celebrated different backgrounds.

I'm with you on flip phones too. I don't get texting or selfies at all? Why does anyone need like a billion pictures of themselves or their friends anyway? Strange. To each their own I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why can't everyone be like Andrew Luck and just read books, watch Mr Rogers, and own a flip phone. The world would be a much better place. The picture of that girls face is awful.

There's a reason it was a safe bet to pay Andrew Luck what the Colts pay him...

.....Guys like Andrew, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan......sure you're betting on future performance..

...injuries and other factors

..but you're also paying him for certain certainty of quality representation...

////Guys who wont get suspended, busted or photo'd at 'the club' with someone named Candy, Ginger or Stormy....on the wrong side of midnight.

Andrew wont embarass the organization off the field...you can count on it

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

There's a reason it was a safe bet to pay Andrew Luck what the Colts pay him...

.....Guys like Andrew, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan......sure you're betting on future performance..

...injuries and other factors

..but you're also paying him for certain certainty of quality representation...

////Guys who wont get suspended, busted or photo'd at 'the club' with someone named Candy, Ginger or Stormy....on the wrong side of midnight.

Andrew wont embarass the organization off the field...you can count on it

Yeah just picturing Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan, and Russell Wilson making it rain with 1's in a strip club dancing around doing shots, makes me crack up. The 3 Nerds at a Strip Club - that could be a movie. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah just picturing Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan, and Russell Wilson making it rain with 1's in a strip club dancing around doing shots, makes me crack up. The 3 Nerds at a Strip Club - that could be a movie. 

Wilson has this in his bed

image.thumb.png.5a34cbe419cea93e631cf3d351848c3e.png

no need for a strip club

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The last of the Porkys :)