Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts release WR Kolby Listenbee/Sign WR Kayaune Ross

TKnight24

Just now, TKnight24 said:

:Cry:

Man, loved my TCU guy. Hope he gets another shot somewhere 

Yeah, I thought he had a shot. Highly regarded a few years ago.  

Theyre really trying to get bigger at WR and he may not be the best blocker.  Except for TY I think they’re all at least 6 feet.  

Just now, Smonroe said:

Theyre really trying to get bigger at WR and he may not be the best blocker.  Except for TY I think they’re all at least 6 feet.  

That article linked to the Jake Arthur tweet above links Dez Bryant to the Colts

Everyone around the league thinks some big signing is about to happen thanks to that Josina Anderson tweet. Been a lot of chatter coming about. So now I’m gonna have my phone on me at all times this whole day and into the weekend until something happens 

• Like 1

I figured Listenbee would get the axe at some point.   I don't see a Dez Bryant signing coming at all.  I think we are going to stay with the guys we've got.  I think Cain, Fountain, and Ishmael each make the team along with TY, Rogers, and Grant.

• Like 4

Who am I?   
Combine #'s.
6" 198
4.45  -  40
9" hands and the best in the draft
Played with a top 3 NFL QB
catches
yr 1   27 catches  345 yds 0 td's

yr 2   49 catches  716 yds 4 td's

yr 3   68 catches  838 yds 7 td's

yr 4   77 catches  1210 yds  12  td's 

The point.
We drafted some really nice prospects that don't have this guys hands or route running ability.
The idea that this draft added real talent for winning games this season with these unpolished, unrefined rookies is a Gross exaggeration. Lets see what we have with them after the 2019 season.

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

:Cry:

Man, loved my TCU guy. Hope he gets another shot somewhere 

Don't worry, man.  I think, if he's not claimed off waivers, he reverts to our IR because of the injury designation.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Blocking downfield may be high on the list of receiver traits Ballard/Reich

may be looking for. Having a stable of well rounded receivers will be a breath of fresh air.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Who am I?   
Combine #'s.
6" 198
4.45  -  40
9" hands and the best in the draft
Played with a top 3 NFL QB
catches
yr 1   27 catches  345 yds 0 td's

yr 2   49 catches  716 yds 4 td's

yr 3   68 catches  838 yds 7 td's

yr 4   77 catches  1210 yds  12  td's 

The point.
We drafted some really nice prospects that don't have this guys hands or route running ability.
The idea that this draft added real talent for winning games this season with these unpolished, unrefined rookies is a Gross exaggeration. Lets see what we have with them after the 2019 season.

Reggie Wayne...aka Batman!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

So we swapped out our second fastest WR on the roster for a 6'5", 223 pound WR who would be our largest....

Jump ball ability? Good run blocker? Good route runner?

Doesn't have much for college production? Any Kentucky fans care to enlighten us?

He’s raw but very athletic.  You can watch his highlights on YouTube, he’s not afraid to lay a block out.  Looks like decent hands.  

He he can catch a football while doing a handstand, for what it’s worth.  

PS, at best IMO.  

36 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

So we swapped out our second fastest WR on the roster for a 6'5", 223 pound WR who would be our largest....

Jump ball ability? Good run blocker? Good route runner?

Doesn't have much for college production? Any Kentucky fans care to enlighten us?

He was a Juco transfer who got hurt 

He had some impressive moments in practice

19 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

He’s raw but very athletic.  You can watch his highlights on YouTube, he’s not afraid to lay a block out.  Looks like decent hands.  

He he can catch a football while doing a handstand, for what it’s worth.  

PS, at best IMO.  

We gotta have those WR blocking big time for all those TE, RB, crosses, so we can break lots of longer plays.
 Teach Lucky to get rid of the ____ ball more quickly, accurately, to all of his receivers, rather than holding on to the ___ ball waiting for TY or Doyle to break free.  Lucky is probably stressed all ready thinking about those expectations. But, but, Frank, this is what i'm happy doing.  Thud!!  Hey, Good hit!

Hey, if you can make a NFL practice squad you have a Team that believes in you.  :thmup:
And you are likely to be a next man up if you are a Colt.  lol

Fans should be very hopeful about our stable of young WR prospects, and even more so because Reggie is their to pump them up to do it the right way. Awesome really.