Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2018-19 Thread

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Thats awful for that Tennessee State player being hurt. Having surgery on his head. Breathing but not responsive

That is really bad. I hate to hear that. A college scholarship will not do much for that kid if he is permanently disabled. 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 9:52 AM, dgambill said:

I believe so. 6:30 kickoff. It's at home and we made an upgrade at qb so that is the only reason I'm giving us a chance. Still think Stanford wins by a TD.

Irish are a different team with Book at QB. That was a big W. The Cardinal have had our number. They'd won 3 in a row overcoming second half deficits by out scoring us like 39-7 in the 4th quarters.  We head to Blacksburg next never an easy place to get a W. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

Irish are a different team with Book at QB. That was a big W. The Cardinal have had our number. They'd won 3 in a row overcoming second half deficits by out scoring us like 39-7 in the 4th quarters.  We head to Blacksburg next never an easy place to get a W. 

I can admit I was wrong about this Irish team. I still have issues with the OL but Book and the play calling with him is SOOOO much better than Winbush. A much better offense and team with him on the field. Not playoff caliber I think Georgia or Alabama would expose that OL and I’m not sure they could keep up with Oklahoma but this is a different team from a couple weeks ago. VT will be a true test.

10 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

A Tenn. St. player is not doing well after a severe head injury against Vanderbilt today

10 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Thats awful for that Tennessee State player being hurt. Having surgery on his head. Breathing but not responsive

9 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Here is more info on the injured player

Christion Abercrombie 

LB 6’1 230

Atlanta, Georgia    

Transfer from Illinois

That is horrible, my prayers go out to him and his family.

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:29 AM, Cynjin said:

I remember growing up that the Texas vs Oklahoma game was called the Red River Shootout.  Now I only hear it being called the Red River Showdown.  When did it change?

It's a pc world my friend.....I'm just waiting for them to take away Pete's pistol there in Oklahoma St. Probably even ban the fans from doing the finger gun!

Ol Mark Stoops and the coaching staff at UK turned back into a pumpkin last weekend. Good thing they have a bye this week to maybe get him straightened out. They still have a shot at a special season but the play calling was terrible...and to give up on their running game like that in OT....unexcusable.

Basketball season is around the corner and it seems both UK and IU decided to pack it in early after promising starts. Indiana is usually good for a half against OSU...maybe one day they will finish a game.

I have a feeling ND will have a huge let down one of these weeks....could be against Pitt who I think beat a nice Syracuse team. Just don't trust Kelly to not mess it up.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It's a pc world my friend.....I'm just waiting for them to take away Pete's pistol there in Oklahoma St. Probably even ban the fans from doing the finger gun!

Well that's a shame if true, because that game was much more of a shootout than a showdown.

49 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Well that's a shame if true, because that game was much more of a shootout than a showdown.

It was indeed! I always thought it was the Red River Rivalry but I think that is too hard to say 3 times fast lol! But ol times they are a changing...just saw the Cleveland Indians retired their logo the other day. Redskins will be next I'm sure.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2018 at 12:04 PM, dgambill said:

Ol Mark Stoops and the coaching staff at UK turned back into a pumpkin last weekend. Good thing they have a bye this week to maybe get him straightened out. They still have a shot at a special season but the play calling was terrible...and to give up on their running game like that in OT....unexcusable.

Basketball season is around the corner and it seems both UK and IU decided to pack it in early after promising starts. Indiana is usually good for a half against OSU...maybe one day they will finish a game.

I have a feeling ND will have a huge let down one of these weeks....could be against Pitt who I think beat a nice Syracuse team. Just don't trust Kelly to not mess it up.

I still am hopeful UK will be fine. It was a rough loss but A&M might be the best run defense we play this year. Their only losses are to Alabama and Clemson who pretty much everyone would lose too lol. 

The offense especially Wilson at QB hopefully worked on many things during this bye week because Wilson can't play another game like that. The defense still amazes me, they almost single handedly brought UK into that game. 

And Georgia losing was huge for UK. The East is there for UK if they don't trip up anymore.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:53 PM, RockThatBlue said:

I still am hopeful UK will be fine. It was a rough loss but A&M might be the best run defense we play this year. Their only losses are to Alabama and Clemson who pretty much everyone would lose too lol. 

The offense especially Wilson at QB hopefully worked on many things during this bye week because Wilson can't play another game like that. The defense still amazes me, they almost single handedly brought UK into that game. 

And Georgia losing was huge for UK. The East is there for UK if they don't trip up anymore.

Georgia is definitely beatable. UK should be playing in a New Years game this year if they finish strong. Josh Allen looks like a beast. Can't say I wouldn't want a player like him on the Colts.

11 hours ago, Virtuoso80 said:

Purdue 42 Ohio State 20

Every time ohio state gets within 15 Purdue finds a way to score again. WOW.

11 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Rondale Moore is impressive

Imagine how high Purdue would be ranked if they had not given away their first 2 games this season. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Probably top 10 for sure.

Congrats man. Brohm can coach.

He’s definitely a gambler, I love it!!! The whole team was playing inspired football last night, not only to beat a top ranked opponent, but for this young man, Tyler Trent......

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25039538/purdue-student-battling-terminal-bone-cancer-witness-upset-ohio-state%3fplatform=amp

Feel bad for the kid, he has not been doing well, but for him to muster up the energy to be there meant a lot to the team, and such an awesome thing for him to witness!!!

On a side note: Campus was insane last night after the win, kept us on our toes all night!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Rondale Moore is impressive

He is so NFL ready. He reminds me of Tyler Lockett when he was at K-State. You just have to find a way to get the ball in his hands and Purdue did a good job of that last night and he made my Buckeyes look bad. I hated seeing my team get blasted, but that kid was fun to watch.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

UK vs UGA 3:30 CBS for the east next week. Biggest UK game in a generation probably. Can't wait. 

I was impressed to see Wilson make the plays on that last drive, still worried about their offense vs Georgia.

UK vs UGA and UA vs LSU, big games in the SEC next week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cynjin said:

I was impressed to see Wilson make the plays on that last drive, still worried about their offense vs Georgia.

UK vs UGA and UA vs LSU, big games in the SEC next week.

I think people are way overly harsh on Wilson sometimes. Hes basically a freshman in UKs system and he played a heck of a game yesterday (had more yards than Lock and Lock is arguably one of the best SEC QBs in history). I agree though 15 points will not be enough against Georgia and Snell will need a big game. But with our defense we will definitely have a shot. Our D forced 8 straight 3 and outs yesterday in the second half, it was amazing.

25 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think people are way overly harsh on Wilson sometimes. Hes basically a freshman in UKs system and he played a heck of a game yesterday (had more yards than Lock and Lock is arguably one of the best SEC QBs in history). I agree though 15 points will not be enough against Georgia and Snell will need a big game. But with our defense we will definitely have a shot. Our D forced 8 straight 3 and outs yesterday in the second half, it was amazing.

Tua and M. Stafford may have a claim on the best QBs out of the SEC.  Kentucky's D is really good and it will be interesting to see them against UGA's offense.  Wilson will need to have a good game too, K. Smart will try to take Snell out of the game.  I do believe that Kentucky's defense and home field advantage will give them a chance against Georgia.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Love the way the coaching staff uses Hoak to “motivate” TW

13 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Tua and M. Stafford may have a claim on the best QBs out of the SEC.  Kentucky's D is really good and it will be interesting to see them against UGA's offense.  Wilson will need to have a good game too, K. Smart will try to take Snell out of the game.  I do believe that Kentucky's defense and home field advantage will give them a chance against Georgia.

Are we forgetting the Manning Clan

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

The things that will haunt Lock is his failure against the SEC and the fact that he has played under pass happy OCs

• Like 1