Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2018-19 Thread

41 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'd be willing to bet that this sort of stuff happens all over the country. Only a few unlucky ones here and there get themselves caught.

I agree. I only posted the link because Princeton Tiger mentioned that the coach may be in trouble but he did not elaborate. So, I posted the article so others would know what he was referring to. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I didn't watch Stanfords game so how did they look? @NFLfan

18 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I missed it. :(  But they won without much of a running game. The Bryce Love for Heisman did not start off well. I'm still hopeful though. 

I did not watch the whole game, but Stanford did not look all that good from what I saw.  San Diego State loaded up the box against Love, I expected more in the first half from Costello considering I had heard a lot of positives about him.  On the positive side Costello played a much better second half.

I made a point of watching the Houston game, Ed Oliver is a fun player to watch play, very disruptive.  I can't help but think about him playing on a DLine with more talent, where the opposing team wouldn't be able to focus so much of their attention on Oliver.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Stanford did not look all that good from what I saw.

Thank you for sharing your impressions. That's not good. San Diego St seems to give Stanford trouble. SDS gave Stanford an early loss last year.

What looked bad? I will watch the game next week.

The Nebraska game got canceled lmao due to severe weather. 

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you for sharing your impressions. That's not good. San Diego St seems to give Stanford trouble. SDS gave Stanford an early loss last year.

What looked bad? I will watch the game next week.

Stanford won 31-10

Edited by 2006Coltsbestever
  • Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

It might be alright, if teams are going to load up the box against Love, it would just be nice to see the Qb/coaches take advantage of that in the first half.  Then the other teams would have to back off of putting 8 or 9 in the box to stop the run.  Which would be good for B. Love.  Also, like you said if San Diego State gives Stanford problems, it might just be a match up issue.  Much of what I am basing the limited opinion on was the positive things I had heard about Costello.  There is still a long season to go and a win is a win.  At least they didn't look as bad as Penn State did.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The Irish oline looked great despite losing Nelson and Mcglinchy.

Wimbush ran well,   needs to be more accurate

Yeah the OL didn't miss a beat . I was anxious to see how they played not only did they lose the left side as you noted but the OL coach Hienstein joined the new staff in Chicago. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Yeah the OL didn't miss a beat . I was anxious to see how they played not only did they lose the left side as you noted but the OL coach Hienstein joined the new staff in Chicago. 

And Michigan's front seven is no joke.   I was happy with how the new starters on the line played

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

And Michigan's front seven is no joke.   I was happy with how the new starters on the line played

I think the Irish are legit contenders for a National Championship this year. We will go as far as Wimbush can take us and as you said he's going to have to get better throwing the ball to get where we want to be. 

Should be a great year to be a Hoosier Luck is back the Irish look good the Pacers are on the rise and down in Bloomington we get Romeo for a year.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I think the Irish are legit contenders for a National Championship this year. We will go as far as Wimbush can take us and as you said he's going to have to get better throwing the ball to get where we want to be. 

Should be a great year to be a Hoosier Luck is back the Irish look good the Pacers are on the rise and down in Bloomington we get Romeo for a year.  

I'm not sure if they sere NC caliber.   I wish Josh Adams and St  Brown would have stayed another year 

51 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm not sure if they sere NC caliber.   I wish Josh Adams and St  Brown would have stayed another year 

We have a pretty favorable schedule this year The big games are in South Bend until the final week when we go to USC. I think that gives us a great shot at the playoff.

Our D looked like the best unit on the field last night for either team. We stopped the run and got after the QB.  Yoon  has become a big time kicker another advantage. A good kicker can be huge. I hate big kick returns hopefully that gets squared away. It should we have the athletes. Wimbush is the key his legs will give teams headaches but  his arm will decide it ultimately. He didn't play great but I thought he looked a lot better then last year. 

To be honest I think we have a shot every year but this one more than most. 

I knew. I was missing one we play at Virginia Tech. That is never any easy place to get a W. We will get a look at them vs FSU, who will come to ND.  I think they play tomorrow. 

• Like 1

ND came back down to earth...I think they will have problems next week. LSU vs Auburn should be a great game next week. Looking forward to it. Purdue doesn't have to worry about Brohm going anywhere for awhile...horrible loss and the way Northwestern lost to Duke that one isn't looking too good either. IU will have a tough one with Ball State...but are looking on track to get bowl eligible....and UK finally ended the streak....it was bound to happen the way Florida has played them the last few years...half of the people down here in Kentucky didn't notice...they were too busy cheering on Alabama lol.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dgambill said:

ND came back down to earth...I think they will have problems next week. LSU vs Auburn should be a great game next week. Looking forward to it. Purdue doesn't have to worry about Brohm going anywhere for awhile...horrible loss and the way Northwestern lost to Duke that one isn't looking too good either. IU will have a tough one with Ball State...but are looking on track to get bowl eligible....and UK finally ended the streak....it was bound to happen the way Florida has played them the last few years...half of the people down here in Kentucky didn't notice...they were too busy cheering on Alabama lol.

I look for the Irish to play much better this weekend. They let BSU hang around looking really out of sync on offense. The D played ok but they   must've dropped 3 INT's. We may have had a problem if the Vandy BSU games were flipped on the schedule and Vandy come in following the Michigan win. They won't play that poorly at home 2 weeks in a row. Vandy is a team that may surprise some folks this year. It won't ND this Saturday. 

The Florida schools could be in for a surprising weekend. I think FSU and Miami Fl could both lose.  I think NCST will pull a minor upset.  The two big games should be good ones LSU v Auburn and OSU v TCU.  I think TCU is going to give OSU problems and may pull the upset 

.Keep an eye on Iowa this year.  The Hawks have a nasty D and an easy schedule. Wisconsin goes to Iowa City next weekend. If they get that game the hardest game left on their schedule is @ PSU. They don't play OSU or either Michigan school this year.  

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

I look for the Irish to play much better this weekend. They let BSU hang around looking really out of sync on offense. The D played ok but they   must've dropped 3 INT's. We may have had a problem if the Vandy BSU games were flipped on the schedule and Vandy come in following the Michigan win. They won't play that poorly at home 2 weeks in a row. Vandy is a team that may surprise some folks this year. It won't ND this Saturday. 

The Florida schools could be in for a surprising weekend. I think FSU and Miami Fl could both lose.  I think NCST will pull a minor upset.  The two big games should be good ones LSU v Auburn and OSU v TCU.  I think TCU is going to give OSU problems and may pull the upset 

.Keep an eye on Iowa this year.  The Hawks have a nasty D and an easy schedule. Wisconsin goes to Iowa City next weekend. If they get that game the hardest game left on their schedule is @ PSU. They don't play OSU or either Michigan school this year.  

OSU will beat them by at least 2 TD's. OSU's OL and DL will control that whole game.

I am still confused on what USC is doing. Darnold is gone to the NFL and they decide to go with a JT Daniels who should still be in Grade 12! He reclassified to come out early and I think that it is showing.

You can't tell me they don't think Jack Sears or even Fink who has some age and experience at least..

Still early in the year, but just my thoughts so far seeing 1 TD in 2 games.