Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2018-19 Thread


Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Cynjin said:

Dexter Lawrence, the very good Dlineman for Clemson, apparently failed a drug test and may not be able to play in the playoffs if his B sample comes back positive.

 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/ncaa-says-clemson-dt-dexter-lawrence-two-others-failed-drug-test/ar-BBRoPJQ?OCID=ansmsnnews11

 

8 hours ago, Cynjin said:

.....and now the starting left guard for Alabama has been suspended for the game against Oklahoma for violating team rules.

Will be interesting to see how this hurts their teams. Bama will probably be fine. Lawrence being possibly out helps ND quite a bit though, IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Not a good half for ND. NDs play calling has been wack, not sure what they are trying to do. 

 

5 minutes ago, Gramz said:

They don't look good today. Clemson is definitely on their game today. 

 

Michigan flat out sucked today

 

I was hoping for a better showing by ND.  Book has not looked good, IMO, but that Lawerence kid has looked great.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ND won't be considered for the playoffs for a while no matter how good they look in the future. They keep getting these big bowl games and get blown out every time. They need to get in an actual conference, not just partially play against one, and compete for a conference championship before they should ever be considered again.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

ND won't be considered for the playoffs for a while no matter how good they look in the future. They keep getting these big bowl games and get blown out every time.

 

They just beat LSU in the Citrus Bowl last year...

 

giphy.gif

 

And LSU again in the Music City Bowl in 2014... and Rutgers in 2013...

 

So uhhh...

 

giphy.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

They just beat LSU in the Citrus Bowl last year...

 

giphy.gif

 

And LSU again in the Music City Bowl in 2014... and Rutgers in 2013...

 

So uhhh...

 

giphy.gif

 

Those are garbage bowl games.. I said "Big" bowl games. LSU hasn't been "good" since Saban left. 

 

The Alabama title game they got blasted and they got blasted by Ohio State 2 years ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

ND % the bed in the playoff against arguably the best team in the country.

 

OSU didn't even make the playoff because they % the bed in October against a team that was 3-3...

 

:thinking:

 

Yawn... OSU will be Rose Bowl champs and well.. ND got a participation trophy... well done boys!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

:spit:

 

There's only one champ at the end of the year.

 

OSU is participating in a meaningless game...  against a Pac-12 team...  :P

 

Maybe that's what ND should have played in beings that's the only bowls they can win :lol:

 

On a serious note, what I said about ND possibly being overlooked in the future, I think is what's happened to my Buckeyes when they got blasted by Clemson 2 years ago. The CFP has kept that monkey on our back ever since. The loss to Purdue, even with destroying Michigan, was going to be our downfall. Hell, they wouldn't even rank us ahead of a 2 loss Georgia team. I said the week before the Purdue game we were screwed and with the way Purdue played I don't think anyone could have beat them that night.

 

I really don't want the playoff expanded, but with the CFP's continued clear bias of the SEC, they wanted to put Georgia in so bad and if Oklahoma would have lost, even with OSU winning, they would have put 2 loss Georgia in over a 1 loss OSU. 

 

Bama and Clemson should be a good title game, again..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

On a serious note, what I said about ND possibly being overlooked in the future, I think is what's happened to my Buckeyes when they got blasted by Clemson 2 years ago. The CFP has kept that monkey on our back ever since. The loss to Purdue, even with destroying Michigan, was going to be our downfall. Hell, they wouldn't even rank us ahead of a 2 loss Georgia team. I said the week before the Purdue game we were screwed and with the way Purdue played I don't think anyone could have beat them that night.

 

I really don't want the playoff expanded, but with the CFP's continued clear bias of the SEC, they wanted to put Georgia in so bad and if Oklahoma would have lost, even with OSU winning, they would have put 2 loss Georgia in over a 1 loss OSU. 

 

Bama and Clemson should be a good title game, again..

 

Amen.  I hate to admit it, but Georgia (and even OSU) would probably have made the playoff more interesting than ND did... that game was embarrassing.  :facepalm:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

Amen.  I hate to admit it, but Georgia (and even OSU) would probably have made the playoff more interesting than ND did... that game was embarrassing.  :facepalm:

Same thing happened to Michigan State we finally made the playoff and Alabama killed us it was awful 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

 

 

I really don't want the playoff expanded, but with the CFP's continued clear bias of the SEC, they wanted to put Georgia in so bad and if Oklahoma would have lost, even with OSU winning, they would have put 2 loss Georgia in over a 1 loss OSU. 

 

Bama and Clemson should be a good title game, again..

 

I don't believe that the CFP has a bias toward the SEC, at least not one that is undeserved.  I tend to watch a lot of the teams from the different conferences and it looks to me that, at least at the top of the conference, the SEC has the best teams.

 

I believe that either Georgia or Ohio State would have fared better than ND last night.

 

Alabama and Clemson have looked like the two best teams almost the entire year.  I just hope for a good game, no blow outs.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...