Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2018-19 Thread

Just now, BleedBlu8792 said:

He's not that great of a coach but I hope they keep him, I love watching him get destroyed by my Buckeyes. 

I don't believe Jim has a reputable win against a top ranked opponent since he's been in Michigan.

He doesn't really. Michigan has had a good season but lost to ND and Ohio St so that isn't good. Jim is now 0-4 vs Ohio St. Congrats on the win. I know how big that rivalry is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Xichigan fans be like "______ is our year!" Hahaahaha

If I'm being honest,  I really thought it was their year too.   They were a big disappointment today.   It should have been a much better,  much closer game.   And this is coming from an Ohio gal.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I hope. As big of a Buckeye fan I am, I want to see the B1G keep ascending. Brohm has been decent in his first year and I would like to see him get a couple years of recruitment to see what he can do with Purdue. Plus, the Louisville job is a step back obviously, which regardless if he is from there, doesn't make much sense for him to take that job unless they offer him an astronomical amount of money.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Minnesota just beat Wisconsin at Wisconsin to claim the mighty Paul Bunyan's Axe :billiejean:Purdue wins at Indiana to claim the Ol Old Oaken Bucket rotflmao

Wow. Minnesota over Wisconsin? Bad year for Wisconsin football teams.

• Like 1

Honestly I think Haskins is the most pro-ready qb when it comes to comparing him to Kyler Murray and Tua Tagovailoa. Murray is 5 foot 10 and I don't trust Bama QB's. Haskins just ripped apart arguably the nation's best defense like it was paper... He's 6 foot 3 and has a lot of intangibles I like.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Whats been Stanfords issues? Haven't watched much of them this year.

I have not watched as many games this year but I did watch some games early in the year. They don't have the same talent on defense that they have enjoyed the last few years. They have lost many players to the NFL the last couple of years. And Bryce Love has not played as well as he has the last two years. He was injured early this season. 

Hopefully Stanford will play better to end the season. I expect a lot from them but I have to remember that they don't recruit the kind of talent that powerhouses like Alabama and Oklahoma can.

Congrats on KU's success this year. Sounds like they have some players that may be drafted early in 2019. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Minnesota just beat Wisconsin at Wisconsin to claim the mighty Paul Bunyan's Axe :billiejean:Purdue wins at Indiana to claim the Ol Old Oaken Bucket rotflmao

Yeah kind of wish the Boilers had something cooler to play for like a sword or an axe or something......but a old oaken bucket? Really? Oh well it is what it is, as long as they’re beating those stinkin Hoosiers I’m ok with it, lol!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DraftMaster said:

Honestly I think Haskins is the most pro-ready qb when it comes to comparing him to Kyler Murray and Tua Tagovailoa. Murray is 5 foot 10 and I don't trust Bama QB's. Haskins just ripped apart arguably the nation's best defense like it was paper... He's 6 foot 3 and has a lot of intangibles I like.

You might be right about Haskins being the most pro ready, he does have the size along with other desirable traits.  I am not sure how you can't trust Tua, he is not the typical Bama Qb, he is very mobile and very accurate with his passes.  I saw on the game that he is actually right handed but throws the football left handed, not that it matters, but it seemed odd.  I have no idea how either will do as a pro, but they both look like they have a good shot.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Texas A&M vs LSU went to 7 overtimes. LSU loses 74-72.

After the game some guy who is credentialed by A&M punched LSU assistant Steve Krapthorpe who has Parkinson's Disease. It seemed unprovoked. College football rivalries seem to bring out the worst in people. :facepalm:

https://www.nola.com/lsu/2018/11/lsus-kevin-faulk-in-postgame-altercation-after-incident-involving-steve-kragthorpe.html

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

After the game some guy who is credentialed by A&M punched LSU assistant Steve Krapthorpe who has Parkinson's Disease. It seemed unprovoked. College football rivalries seem to bring out the worst in people. :facepalm:

https://www.nola.com/lsu/2018/11/lsus-kevin-faulk-in-postgame-altercation-after-incident-involving-steve-kragthorpe.html

Wow.  How ridiculous.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I hope. As big of a Buckeye fan I am, I want to see the B1G keep ascending. Brohm has been decent in his first year and I would like to see him get a couple years of recruitment to see what he can do with Purdue. Plus, the Louisville job is a step back obviously, which regardless if he is from there, doesn't make much sense for him to take that job unless they offer him an astronomical amount of money.

I disagree. Louisville’s athletic programs are a definite step up from Purdue in resources and in visability. UL ranks 22nd in revenue while Purdue is 46th. When has Purdue had a head coach get an NFL job? When was the last time they were ranked? Last heisman trophy winner? Louisville avg recruiting rank is 32 last 5 years where as Purdue hasn’t had a class in the top 50. UL outside this year has been a top 3-4 team in the ACC while Purdue is a bottom tier team in the B1G...the only advantage they have is they play in the weaker B1G West instead of facing Michigan, Penn St, OSU, and Michigan St. every year. Let’s be honest they are just slightly ahead of IU as far as recruiting and performance goes. I mean Brohm would be smart to play the schools off on one another...I mean which other coach after going 6-6 back to back years could ask for a raise? Petrino just underperformed at UofL and if it wasn’t for the team giving up this year with their coach they have enough talent to compete. Petrino is just the most undisciplined college coach I’ve ever seen. If I’m Brohm I go to Louisville and I take the sure raise to do it. Not to mention if I get the choice to live in W. Lafayette or Louisville it isn’t close!

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

I disagree. Louisville’s athletic programs are a definite step up from Purdue in resources and in visability. UL ranks 22nd in revenue while Purdue is 46th. 

Sure, credit has to be given to Petrino and Pitino for what they did for their teams over the past 5 years. However, let's see where those colleges are in the next 5.

When has Purdue had a head coach get an NFL job? When was the last time they were ranked? Last heisman trophy winner? Louisville avg recruiting rank is 32 last 5 years where as Purdue hasn’t had a class in the top 50.

I'm not sure why this is even a question. It's completely irrelevant, however I will oblige. No Purdue hasn't had a head coach go to the NFL, but I don't think you want to use Petrino's disaster in Atlanta as some sort of measuring stick to that. Come on man, seriously,  when was the last Ohio State head coach to get an NFL job (hint - 1)?  I KNOW we don't want to compare Ohio State to Louisville. 

No one can question what Petrino did with LJ, but he loses LJ and takes a 6 game hit from the previous year? Where's that higher ranked recruiting class? Purdue had 3 wins against ranked opponents this year, and an "inferior recruiting class". I'm interested to see what Brohm can do in recruiting in the next year or 2 amd how those guys mix in with his current group.

Again, let's see where these 2 are in recruitment rankings in 5 years. It's easy to recruit when you're winning. but from the looks of it this year, it may not be so easy for UofL here on out. I wonder if you'll see any UofL players jump ship and head to Purdue with Brohm after the UofL train wreck this year. 

UL outside this year has been a top 3-4 team in the ACC while Purdue is a bottom tier team in the B1G...the only advantage they have is they play in the weaker B1G West instead of facing Michigan, Penn St, OSU, and Michigan St. every year. Let’s be honest they are just slightly ahead of IU as far as recruiting and performance goes.

I don't disagree, LJ was a phenomenal college QB and carried that team during his time at UofL, but who is their next LJ? Obviously he's not on the roster, and they don't have anyone close, or they would have won more than 2 games. I mean the dumpster fire in Tallahassee finished out better than them.  

Again, 3 wins against ranked opponents, with an "inferior recruiting class", and a bowl game (granted a pointless one). Who do you think has more ammo in the recruiting game for next year? The 2 win team with question marks all over it's coaching staff, or the possible 7 win bowl team?

Brohm has a better shot at getting atop the B1G West with Purdue than trying to come within light-years of Clemson with UofL.

I mean Brohm would be smart to play the schools off on one another...I mean which other coach after going 6-6 back to back years could ask for a raise? Petrino just underperformed at UofL and if it wasn’t for the team giving up this year with their coach they have enough talent to compete. Petrino is just the most undisciplined college coach I’ve ever seen. If I’m Brohm I go to Louisville and I take the sure raise to do it. Not to mention if I get the choice to live in W. Lafayette or Louisville it isn’t close!

He absolutely should, but I don't doubt that Purdue would match whatever Louisville would offer within reason. 

I really don't know if he permanently lives in W.Lafayette, but I'd find it hard to believe, especially when one of the richest and best ranked counties (Hamilton) in the US is an hour away. 

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

UNC hired Mack Brown. Not a bad hire at all IMO.

Ehhhhh.. he failed pretty bad towards the end of his run at Texas at recruiting in the best football recruiting state in the US, and routinely lost top guys to lesser in-state Universities (Baylor, TCU, TT). I think he's going to struggle majorly with Clemson being right up the road and dominating that region in recruiting. 

Maybe his name alone will get him some pull with recruitment, but it's going to be a while in my opinion. 

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:57 PM, DraftMaster said:

Sorry, I'm riding with Tua. I'll agree with you on not trusting the previous Bama QBs but none of them were Tua or even in the same stratosphere as far as that goes. I do think Haskins can be a solid QB at the next level but I don't think he's a franchise type player.