Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2018-19 Thread

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:51 AM, BleedBlu8792 said:

Again, 3 wins against ranked opponents, with an "inferior recruiting class", and a bowl game (granted a pointless one). Who do you think has more ammo in the recruiting game for next year? The 2 win team with question marks all over it's coaching staff, or the possible 7 win bowl team?

As an IU fan I pray he goes home to Louisville but clearly that's not a lock. What Brohm has done with what he's had to work with is borderline amazing. Obviously Rondale Moore is a special talent and Brohm had a solid slap together first recruiting class. His current class is poised to end up top 25 at worst if he stays. And if he stays I have no doubt that he'll build Purdonkey into a perennial B1G championship contender.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

As an IU fan I pray he goes home to Louisville but clearly that's not a lock. What Brohm has done with what he's had to work with is borderline amazing. Obviously Rondale Moore is a special talent and Brohm had a solid slap together first recruiting class. His current class is poised to end up top 25 at worst if he stays. And if he stays I have no doubt that he'll build Purdonkey into a perennial B1G championship contender.

He is supposed to decide tomorrow on a possible deal with Louisville people on twitter are saying.

5 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Maybe his name alone will get him some pull with recruitment, but it's going to be a while in my opinion. 

Thats why I think its a decent hire. He is a pretty good recruiter. UNC will get some decent talent. Who knows if he will win anything though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Good I'm glad.

As a Hoosier fan, I'm a little bummed but what else is new lol. If I were a Purdue fan I'd probably be throwing a party right now! They really struck gold with the Brohm hire. I don't know how long he'll be in West Lafayette, but as long as he's there, Purdue will be a very strong program.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2018 at 7:32 PM, Matthew Gilbert said:

Purdonkey 

lol, never heard that one before!!! Hey did you get tickets to the Bowl game yet??? Oh.....that’s right, Purdue denied you once again.........sorry about that, ok Not really!:catfight:

I know, I know, worthless bowl, but still a bowl!!!:thanks:

2 minutes ago, HOZER said:

lol, never heard that one before!!! Hey did you get tickets to the Bowl game yet??? Oh.....that’s right, Purdue denied you once again.........sorry about that, ok Not really!:catfight:

Ouch

8 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Lol. From the reaction of Purdue and Louisville fans, I assumed Purdue had won 10 games or better. :P

(I know, I know. Stanford only won 7 games this year, lost 4.)

On 11/25/2018 at 5:42 PM, dgambill said:

Not to mention if I get the choice to live in W. Lafayette or Louisville it isn’t close!

For what reason exactly? I work in West Lafayette and live 10 mins from town, it’s a great city and is one of the fastest growing cities, and in one of the fastest growing counties in Indiana. Have you been to West Lafayette?  There’s plenty to do in the area, and Indianapolis is 45 mins away, and Chicago about 2.5 hours. I have been to Louisville many times for both work and play, no thanks! Crime rate, traffic, toll booths, screwed up roads, you don’t have much of that here. West Lafayette School corporation also just ranked third in the United States, pretty impressive. Not to mention they are protected by one of the best trained and professional fire departments in the world(shameless plug)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. From the reaction of Purdue and Louisville fans, I assumed Purdue had won 10 games or better. :P

(I know, I know. Stanford only won 7 games this year, lost 4.)

Brohm has managed to turn this team around in no time, recruiting/attracting some great players, and has Purdue on track to be a force to be reckoned with. If I’m not mistaken, this coming recruit class will be his first full class. 2 bowls back to back years, yes meaningless bowls, but bowls nonetheless. A drastic change from the prior coach, Hazel, who is now the Minnesota Vikings Wide receivers coach:thmup:....so hey, a Purdue coach has indeed been offered a job in the NFL, just not as a head coach!!!! Willing to bet Tiller would have been a good NFL coach, RIP.

Also, @NFLfanI have a bone to pick with your Vikings!!! West Lafayette High School Football played and won the state football championship last Saturday. Hazels son still goes to WLHS and is a receiver on the team, darn good one too! He won the IHSAA mental aptitude award after the game. His dad was unable to be in attendance due to the Vikings playing on Sunday....WTH? They couldn’t fly him down to Indianapolis (they played in Lucas Oil) for a few hours to watch his son play in the state championship? Seems odd.

7 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Brohm has managed to turn this team around in no time, recruiting/attracting some great players, and has Purdue on track to be a force to be reckoned with. If I’m not mistaken, this coming recruit class will be his first full class. 2 bowls back to back years, yes meaningless bowls, but bowls nonetheless. A drastic change from the prior coach, Hazel, who is now the Minnesota Vikings Wide receivers coach:thmup:....so hey, a Purdue coach has indeed been offered a job in the NFL, just not as a head coach!!!! Willing to bet Tiller would have been a good NFL coach, RIP.

Louisville is also trying to save their recruiting class

3 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Jokes on everyone, Notre Dame's goin' to the playoffs! Go Irish! :clover:

Touché!

I always root for the Irish, as long as it’s not against my Boilers, or Connor Mcgregor, don’t like that guy one bit!

• Like 2

So what's next for Louisville? Who is a good coaching candidate?

13 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Also, @NFLfanI have a bone to pick with your Vikings!!! West Lafayette High School Football played and won the state football championship last Saturday. Hazels son still goes to WLHS and is a receiver on the team, darn good one too! He won the IHSAA mental aptitude award after the game. His dad was unable to be in attendance due to the Vikings playing on Sunday....WTH? They couldn’t fly him down to Indianapolis (they played in Lucas Oil) for a few hours to watch his son play in the state championship? Seems odd.

That coach has helped Diggs and Thielen become one of the best WR duos in the NFL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Touché!

I always root for the Irish, as long as it’s not against my Boilers, or Connor Mcgregor, don’t like that guy one bit!

Oh I root for the Boilers a bit too, especially when Notre Dame can't get into the dance in basketball. Then I just go and root for Purdue because they have a great squad. Anyways enjoy bowling and congrats Brohm stayed!

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2018 at 12:51 AM, BleedBlu8792 said:

I don’t don't know if he permanently lives in W.Lafayette, but I'd find it hard to believe, especially when one of the richest and best ranked counties (Hamilton) in the US is an hour away. 

There’s plenty of Homes/neighborhoods in WL and surrounding area that can rival a lot of areas in Hamilton county, and for alot less taxes paid. And again, the #3 School district in the Country

That alone, attracts a lot of people to this area, not to mention Purdue, and all the industry.

27 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I have a bone to pick with your Vikings!!! West Lafayette High School Football played and won the state football championship last Saturday. Hazels son still goes to WLHS and is a receiver on the team, darn good one too! He won the IHSAA mental aptitude award after the game. His dad was unable to be in attendance due to the Vikings playing on Sunday....WTH? They couldn’t fly him down to Indianapolis (they played in Lucas Oil) for a few hours to watch his son play in the state championship? Seems odd.

The Vikings should have let the coach go. There must be some explanation. 

What is the IHSAA mental aptitude award? Sounds like he is an intelligent kid. Does he have a future on Purdue?

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

So what's next for Louisville? Who is a good coaching candidate?

That coach has helped Diggs and Thielen become one of the best WR duos in the NFL.

Well I’m glad he found his niche, because being a college head coach wasn’t it.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

What is the IHSAA mental aptitude award after the game? Sounds like he is an intelligent kid. Does he have a future on Purdue?

MA is the given to a playe who shows leadership qualities  of the team in each game

the IHSAA gives one in every ST game

They are nominated by the HC and Administration of each school involved 

I was awarded the FB MA award for my school my senior year

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HOZER said:

There’s plenty of Homes/neighborhoods in WL and surrounding area that can rival a lot of areas in Hamilton county, and for alot less taxes paid. And again, the #3 School district in the Country

That alone, attracts a lot of people to this area, not to mention Purdue, and all the industry.

I would move there just for the school system. Which towns are #1 and #2? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What is the IHSAA mental aptitude award after the game? Sounds like he is an intelligent kid. Does he have a future on Purdue?

Sorry that should have said mental attitude!!! Here’s the meaning:

The IHSAA Executive Committee awards the Phil N. Eskew & Blake Ress Mental Attitude Awards to an outstanding senior participant in the Football State Finals of each classification. The 6A, 5A and 4A awards are named in honor of Eskew, the late third commissioner of the IHSAA, who guided the Association from 1962 to 1976. Under his direction, the IHSAA football tournament was initiated in 1973. Beginning in 2015, the 3A, 2A and 1A awards were re-named in honor of Ress, the IHSAA’s seventh commissioner who led the organization from 2000 to 2011. The recipients of this award, nominated by their principal and coach, were determined to have best demonstated mental attitude, scholarship, leadership and athletic ability in football. The Indianapolis Colts present $1,000 to the general scholarship fund of the recipient’s school.

Not sure if he would have a future at Purdue, with his dad being fired by them, but you never know? One of his teammates is a Purdue commitment though, George Karlaftis, who was being highly sought after by the Wolverines and a few others, but he chose to stay home  to play for you guessed it, Coach Brohm!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I would move there just for the school system. Which towns are #1 and #2? 

WLCSC came in behind first place Jericho Union Free School District of New York and Solon City School District of Ohio.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Hozer, will that Hazell kid choose Purdue? Will his father's successor recruit him?

Sorry I edited above post to include answer^

• Like 1

Just now, HOZER said:

WLCSC came in behind first place Jericho Union Free School District of New York and Solon City School District of Ohio.

Thank you.

Jericho is right here on Long Island. If I were a parent, schools would be high on my list when choosing a place to live. 

53 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Hazels son still goes to WLHS and is a receiver on the team, darn good one too! He won the IHSAA mental aptitude award after the game. His dad was unable to be in attendance due to the Vikings playing on Sunday....WTH? 

I read what you posted about the award. That is a great accomplishment. It is too bad his father could not be there.