Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Reich Rejects the Notion of a Rebuild

NannyMcafee

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have learned in sports over the years a lot of winning it all, luck is involved. I have, like you have seen better teams lose in a lot of games. Lucky bounces/breaks, etc.. A team can have a Great Roster and still lose to a team that is basically just Good in a lot of area's. Case in point Pats/Giants in 2007. Also Colts/Steelers in 2005.

My point is that the Colts have never been that in any point during Luck's career.

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Your very words.

Your statement still means little in relation to mine.

You can read my above posts on how we overachieved during that postseason. Just because we weren't necessarily a bad team, does not mean that we were a good team.

On 3/29/2018 at 11:52 PM, crazycolt1 said:

We have 9 other WRs on the roster that no one talks about.

Adam 6-1 189 2yr

Anderson 6-2 190 1yr

Brent 6-3 202 1yr

Hogan 6-3 222 2yr

Jones 6-3 200 1yr

Liggons 6-1 210 1yr

Listenbee 6-0 183 1yr

Smelter 6-2 227 2yr

Wright 6-0 203 4yr

There was a reason these guys were signed.

Very true I’m excited to see adam, Anderson and listenbee

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, colt18 said:

My point is that the Colts have never been that in any point during Luck's career.

Your statement still means little in relation to mine.

You can read my above posts on how we overachieved during that postseason. Just because we weren't necessarily a bad team, does not mean that we were a good team.

There is not QB in the league that does anything on the field without talented players around him. The NFL is the ultimate team sport.

I am sorry you cant grasp that.

54 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

There is not QB in the league that does anything on the field without talented players around him. The NFL is the ultimate team sport.

I am sorry you cant grasp that.

Again, you're grasping at straws and not really reading into my post.

The Colts team that made it to the AFCCG was not a good team, as evidenced by being blown out 45-7 against a team that routinely blows them out. 

On March 29, 2018 at 3:58 PM, The Fish said:

Aside from Luck and his status is unknown, as it stands, this roster isn't good. 

Is there a game changer on Defense? TY is cool, then what on offense?

If we're not in rebuild, then it's bottomsville. We'd better be rebuilding, no offense, coach.

On March 29, 2018 at 8:11 AM, Deadpool said:

I'm liking Reich already. He wants to win, no nonsense  excuse about a rebuild (I can say that right? not against forum rules?). He wants it now. It's the kind of mind set you want your coach to have. 

Yes, my 2 favorite posts in this thread because both bolded replies accurately demonstrate that INDY is definitely rebuilding this roster while Reich can't waltz in here with a defeatist attitude either. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colt18 said:

The Colts team that made it to the AFCCG was not a good team, as evidenced by being blown out 45-7 against a team that routinely blows them out. 

Horse dung.

People want to say the 2014 Colts weren't a Good team because we lost 45-7 to the Pats. So were the 2013 Broncos a Bad team? They lost 43-8 to Seattle. Blowouts happen and 1 Bad game doesn't define a season of being successful 75% of the time. In 2009 the Pats lost in the WildCard game to the Ravens 33-14 in Foxboro - did they suck?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People want to say the 2014 Colts weren't a Good team because we lost 45-7 to the Pats. So were the 2013 Broncos a Bad team? They lost 43-8 to Seattle. Blowouts happen and 1 Bad game doesn't define a season of being successful 75% of the time. In 2009 the Pats lost in the WildCard game to the Ravens 33-14 in Foxboro - did they suck?

These aren't good comparisons.

The 2013 Broncos broke several NFL records during the season, beat the Pats in the AFCCG and got blown out by an all time great defense.

The 09 Pats got blown out by the Ravens mostly because of a bad game from Brady and the Ravens run game, not particularly because the team was bad.

The 2014 Colts team was not good.....and there isn't a way to make it seem so.

1 minute ago, colt18 said:

These aren't good comparisons.

The 2013 Broncos broke several NFL records during the season, beat the Pats in the AFCCG and got blown out by an all time great defense.

The 09 Pats got blown out by the Ravens mostly because of a bad game from Brady and the Ravens run game, not particularly because the team was bad.

The 2014 Colts team was not good.....and there isn't a way to make it seem so.

I'll drop it as we just disagree but in no world of mine is going 11-5 and making the Title Game isn't Good. If Luck would've stayed healthy in 2015, we would've won the Division again but he got injured and it wrecked our season.

7 hours ago, colt18 said:

The 2014 Colts team was a good team as evidenced by...

* winning their division and being one of 6 teams to make the playoffs

* going 11-5 in the regular season

* winning a home playoff game against the Bengals

* winning a road playoff game against the Broncos

* being one of only 4 teams left in the playoffs at the end of the year.

I don't think anyone is making the case they were some kid of all time great team.  Clearly they were flawed and those flaws showed in New England.  But one game does not make the season particularly in light of all points above.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I don't think anyone is making the case they were some kid of all time great team.  Clearly they were flawed and those flaws showed in New England.  But one game does not make the season particularly in light of all points above.

Thank You. I CONCUR. You put it beautifully.

3 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Don't let the facts get in the way of a fan who seems to have a habit of confusing reality. :D

4 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Winning your division alone does not make you a good team, especially with how weak the AFC South was at the time. I've seen a team win their division without having a winning record, that doesn't mean they were a good team.

We went 11-5 by beating all the bad/mediocre teams and losing to all the good/great teams. We lost to the Broncos, Eagles, Steelers, Pats, and Cowboys. A good team would have won a least a couple of those games.

When is the last time the Bengals won a playoff game? I'll wait....

We beat the Broncos with an injured, declining Peyton at QB. Not an impressive win, considering we already lost to them when he was healthy.

I already analyzed our playoff games of that year, so you can read my post regarding that. 

I don't know why you guys are so happy with mediocrity, then again I guess that's why we kept Pagano for so long.

5 minutes ago, colt18 said:

Winning your division alone does not make you a good team, especially with how weak the AFC South was at the time. I've seen a team win their division without having a winning record, that doesn't mean they were a good team.

We went 11-5 by beating all the bad/mediocre teams and losing to all the good/great teams. We lost to the Broncos, Eagles, Steelers, Pats, and Cowboys. A good team would have won a least a couple of those games.

We beat the Broncos with an injured, declining Peyton at QB. Not an impressive win, considering we already lost to them when he was healthy.

I already analyzed our playoff games of that year, so you can read my post regarding that. 

I don't know why you guys are so happy with mediocrity, then again I guess that's why we kept Pagano for so long.

When did anyone say they are happy with mediocrity? Making the AFC Title Game isn't mediocrity - it means you are a Top 4 team in the league. Regarding Pagano I am glad we fired him as it was just time for a change and I cant wait to see what Reich does. Having said that Pagano did a decent job from 2012-2014.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When did anyone say they are happy with mediocrity? Making the AFC Title Game isn't mediocrity - it means you are a Top 4 in the league. Regarding Pagano I am glad we fired him as it was just time for a change and I cant wait to see what Reich does. Having said that Pagano did a decent job from 2012-2014.

No, it means we overachieved.  

7 minutes ago, colt18 said:

Sorry, but reaching the AFC championship game is not reserved for bad teams. You may use all the excuses you can come up with except the truth. Don't let that get in the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hell I am even wrong at times :lol:. Not on this one though :thmup:. You sound like you agree me 100% on this as well.

On this one for sure. Very seldom do we have different opinions but when we do we just move on. No need to argue like this guy does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colt18 said:

The # of ways this post is categorical nonsense is many.

Your last line is simply ridiculous.  No one is happy with mediocrity.  

If in your travels today you see a penny on the ground, do yourself a favor.  Pick it up and buy yourself a clue.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Sorry, but reaching the AFC championship game is not reserved for bad teams. You may use all the excuses you can come up with except the truth. Don't let that get in the way.

I didn’t say that, although you continue to reach for straws.

51 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe, just maybe you are wrong?  Nah, you couldn't be. Not you.

If I was wrong, Pagano and Grigson would still be here. 

Just because we have a plan in place to rebuild this team (2,3,4 years, whatever) doesn’t mean we aren’t trying to win now or that we can’t win now. It just means some short term success isn’t going to change how we approach our long term team building plan. At least, I hope that’s what it means. 

13 minutes ago, colt18 said:

I didn’t say that, although you continue to reach for straws.

If I was wrong, Pagano and Grigson would still be here. 

I wasn't reaching at all. You said the Colts were a bad team even though they reached the AFC championship game.

Sorry, IMO you were wrong and I am sticking to my opinion.

You arguing about it will not change my opinion.

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

The # of ways this post is categorical nonsense is many.

Your last line is simply ridiculous.  No one is happy with mediocrity.  

If in your travels today you see a penny on the ground, do yourself a favor.  Pick it up and buy yourself a clue.

I suppose. It's funny how my fellow Colts fans get hostile and condescending over the most trivial things, even with supporting evidence. 

45 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I wasn't reaching at all. You said the Colts were a bad team even though they reached the AFC championship game.

Sorry, IMO you were wrong and I am sticking to my opinion.

You arguing about it will not change my opinion.

You are reaching. You continue to respond to parts of my post in order to satisfy your own argument and completely ignore anything else, something that has been mentioned by other posters such as @Superman

I already conceded to the possibility that the team may not have been bad, but they certainly weren't good either, not with the leagues 19th ranked defense, 22nd ranked running game and 18th ranked run defense. 

You can stick to whatever nonsense you choose to, the results of that game and hindsight say otherwise.

14 hours ago, colt18 said:

This is a hilariously short minded post. Actually, it is the opposite of short minded. It is long ranged. I have watched the NFL since 1970. I have seen dynasties rise and fall, conferences dominate, and recede. The one difference.....and the fan pendulum is swinging far to the side of anger right now.... is how each fan enjoys the game. Following the Colts has been wicked fun for a long time now. We had a down year, and I believe we are heading back up. Things are good!

With a healthy Luck, we usually beat terrible teams (divisional rivals) and lose to good teams. (Steelers/Pats) Every now and then we beat good teams. (Seahawks/Broncos) I've never seen a game where we won due to Pagano's coaching, although I have seen him lose games for us. What does this have to do with my post? Dude is gone...you might want to get over it. I have seen few FAs work out for us (Erik Walden. Frank Gore), I've seen many fail (Andre Johnson, Kamar Aiken, LaRon Landry...). FA is a mixed bag for all teams. 

I don't understand why some of you refuse to admit that that 2014 Colts team was bad, even if Luck took them to the AFCCG to get blown out. It just doesn't make sense. Admit that they were bad? This sentence clearly indicates that you seek a different experience from following a team. If a team that gets to that level is bad, then we dont have a basis from which to discuss team following....sorry.

1 hour ago, colt18 said:

I suppose. It's funny how my fellow Colts fans get hostile and condescending over the most trivial things, even with supporting evidence. 

You are reaching. You continue to respond to parts of my post in order to satisfy your own argument and completely ignore anything else, something that has been mentioned by other posters such as @Superman

I already conceded to the possibility that the team may not have been bad, but they certainly weren't good either, not with the leagues 19th ranked defense, 22nd ranked running game and 18th ranked run defense. 

You can stick to whatever nonsense you choose to, the results of that game and hindsight say otherwise.

Just stop arguing, please. You have your opinion and I have mine. Is it possible for you to move on with something that makes sense?

39 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just stop arguing, please. You have your opinion and I have mine. Is it possible for you to move on with something that makes sense?

lmao

if you say so, guy

58 minutes ago, Four2itus said:
15 hours ago, colt18 said:

This is a hilariously short minded post. Actually, it is the opposite of short minded. It is long ranged. I have watched the NFL since 1970. I have seen dynasties rise and fall, conferences dominate, and recede. The one difference.....and the fan pendulum is swinging far to the side of anger right now.... is how each fan enjoys the game. Following the Colts has been wicked fun for a long time now. We had a down year, and I believe we are heading back up. Things are good!

With a healthy Luck, we usually beat terrible teams (divisional rivals) and lose to good teams. (Steelers/Pats) Every now and then we beat good teams. (Seahawks/Broncos) I've never seen a game where we won due to Pagano's coaching, although I have seen him lose games for us. What does this have to do with my post? Dude is gone...you might want to get over it. I have seen few FAs work out for us (Erik Walden. Frank Gore), I've seen many fail (Andre Johnson, Kamar Aiken, LaRon Landry...). FA is a mixed bag for all teams. 

I don't understand why some of you refuse to admit that that 2014 Colts team was bad, even if Luck took them to the AFCCG to get blown out. It just doesn't make sense. Admit that they were bad? This sentence clearly indicates that you seek a different experience from following a team. If a team that gets to that level is bad, then we dont have a basis from which to discuss team following....sorry.

Your post ignored any possibility of the team being bad. Posting on this site is literally like talking to a brick wall sometimes lol....what does Pagano have to do with reasons for the team being bad? oh boy....

and clearly I'd like this team to actually be good, not overachieve and get blown out like they did in 2014. 

6 minutes ago, colt18 said:

lmao

if you say so, guy

Your post ignored any possibility of the team being bad. Posting on this site is literally like talking to a brick wall sometimes lol....what does Pagano have to do with reasons for the team being bad? oh boy....

and clearly I'd like this team to actually be good, not overachieve and get blown out like they did in 2014. 

It's so important for you to have the last word be my guest. 

55 minutes ago, colt18 said:

lmao

if you say so, guy

This will be my last post directly to you. You started this by quoting me. I never said anything about Pagano...but i did respond to something YOU said about him. I never said anything about this team being bad or not being bad in the post that quoted from me. 

You are sharpening your anger or frustration on the whetstone of opposition....that being me. I'm not your grinding wheel. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

This will be my last post directly to you. You started this by quoting me. I never said anything about Pagano...but i did respond to something YOU said about him. I never said anything about this team being bad or not being bad in the post that quoted from me. 

You are sharpening your anger or frustration on the whetstone of opposition....that being me. I'm not your grinding wheel. 

Currently googling whetstone.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

Cool, being petty is always the answer to certain posters on this site, rather than actually contributing to any discussion.

Have a nice day.

On 3/29/2018 at 1:17 PM, Four2itus said:

We are suppose to keep politics out of the threads, but I couldn't let this pass. How does being liberal automatically make you a democrat?

I was always under the idea that a liberal was a more extreme democrat and a conservative was a more extreme republican.

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:44 AM, ManningGM said:

Breh it took Irsay like 15 years to fire Grigson....what makes you think he's gonna fire Ballard after 2 if they don't make the playoffs?

Because he don't make changes to sit home for 3 years.......If we don't make the playoffs in 2018, 2019 and 2020?  You can bet your bottom dollar that coach and GM are gone and all their staff.....

That's why 'rebuilding' talk is just that. With a healthy Andrew...in his prime?

Its win (defined as make the playoffs)  now....no matter what is said publically