Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Impressed

Just wondering which team has impressed you guys the most so far with their offseason moves.

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but for me, I really like what Buffalo has done :

Vontae Davis 1 year 3 million- love it

Tyrod for a 3rd. - Love it. 

Glenn, 21st pick, 6th for 12th pick, 5th - love it

Re-sign Kyle Williams 1 year 6 million - love it.

Sign Rafael Bush 2 years 4.5 million - meh, solid depth.

Trent Murphy 3 years 21 million- risky, but I like it. The Guaranteed can’t be that much, though.

A.J McCarron 2 years 10 million - love it

Star Lotulelei 5 years (haven’t seen the figures) - as long as it’s not crazy , I’ll like it a lot. They had a terrible run defence last season.

Which team has impressed you?

2 hours ago, Trueman said:

Just wondering which team has impressed you guys the most so far with their offseason moves.

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but for me, I really like what Buffalo has done :

Trent Murphy 3 years 21 million- risky, but I like it. The Guaranteed can’t be that much, though.

Star Lotulelei 5 years (haven’t seen the figures) - as long as it’s not crazy , I’ll like it a lot. They had a terrible run defence last season.

What exactly do you find impressive about this? The best name on that list is Vontae Davis and he probably pulled his groin reading this post.

To me, the Rams. They had a weak secondary last season and were able to add 2 pro bowl calibre players and got some decent compensation for a couple guys that they likely weren't going to be able to retain anyways.

They're definitely a SB contender next season (which they were even before the moves).

Maybe not due to a lot of FA activity, but the Chiefs offense looks really exciting to me, and adding Watkins could be a great move if Mahomes turns out to be as good as the Chiefs seem to believe.

Apparently they were showing off practice clips to anyone who would look at the combine (per Rap Sheet).

38 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Maybe not due to a lot of FA activity, but the Chiefs offense looks really exciting to me, and adding Watkins could be a great move if Mahomes turns out to be as good as the Chiefs seem to believe.

Apparently they were showing off practice clips to anyone who would look at the combine (per Rap Sheet).

There is nothing I like about what the Chiefs have done.... they made an ok, injury prone WR top 5 money and they paid an ok MLB 9 mil a year... 

I would agree with Northern Blue.  The Rams will more than likely get two 3rd round comp picks from players they really weren't going to keep anyways.  And as he mentioned, they added two pro bowl CB's and kept Joyner.  I hope Goff continues to make positive strides.

I would also go with the Browns.  I though there best move overall was bringing in Dorsey as t heir GM.  He has started to reshape the team in a great way.  A good draft will go a long way for them.

1 hour ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

There is nothing I like about what the Chiefs have done.... they made an ok, injury prone WR top 5 money and they paid an ok MLB 9 mil a year... 

Watkins has a good skill set and I am interested to see what he does in Reid's offense (obviously McVay is a great offensive mind too but just different).  He is also still a young player and so has his best years to come.

A podcast I was listening to was talking about their tape analysis of Watkins and how he was open a good few times last year but not found.  I cant verify but take from that what you will.

Remains to be seen but Mahomes has a lot of buzz and they have some real playmakers in Hunt, Kelce, etc.

I’d go with the Browns. They’ve made some of the best offseason moves they’ve ever made. Landry to pair with Gordon. They got the best bridge QB on the market. Damarious Randall is a good pickup considering their lack of CBs. The Carlos Hyde move was a little questionable for me. I don’t really see what he does for him that Crowell didn’t. Plus it’s a deep RB class even if they pass on Barkley.

1 hour ago, DaveA1102 said:

Watkins has a good skill set and I am interested to see what he does in Reid's offense (obviously McVay is a great offensive mind too but just different).  He is also still a young player and so has his best years to come.

A podcast I was listening to was talking about their tape analysis of Watkins and how he was open a good few times last year but not found.  I cant verify but take from that what you will.

Remains to be seen but Mahomes has a lot of buzz and they have some real playmakers in Hunt, Kelce, etc.

My main issue with the signing isn’t that he’s not skilled I believe he is but he’s not 16 million a year skilled.  He’s being paid as the third highest paid receiver in the NFL and has been largely invisible for a majority of his career outside of a good year in Buffalo.  He shouldn’t be making more than Julio or AJ Green.  He’ll immcritical if TY and I think TY should make more than him. 

26 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

My main issue with the signing isn’t that he’s not skilled I believe he is but he’s not 16 million a year skilled.  He’s being paid as the third highest paid receiver in the NFL and has been largely invisible for a majority of his career outside of a good year in Buffalo.  He shouldn’t be making more than Julio or AJ Green.  He’ll immcritical if TY and I think TY should make more than him. 

I understand your point, but its the nature of free agency.  McKinnon is now the second highest paid RB in the league behind Bell, which is just madness.  Again, good player, but overpaid.

I fully agree he is not comparable to the people he is alongside in terms of salary, but I was more looking towards the potential for the offense than the cost involved.

10 hours ago, Trueman said:

I think Bills will be a great team next season also think the 49ers are gonna be a lot better too.

I'd throw the Bears in there as well.

I wouldn't say they top the list, just that they've made some good moves to get their young QB some weapons. ARob, Taylor Gabriel, TE Burton (who had a couple really good games when he had to step up for Ertz, I think he's gonna be an underrated signing).

Nagy's gonna have some fun with the offense.

4 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I think Bills will be a great team next season also think the 49ers are gonna be a lot better too.

I dunno if they’ll be great, but it looks like they finally have a GM who knows what he’s doing.

As for the 49ers, yeah they could be on the upswing. As we all know, the Jimmy G trade changed everything for them. 

8 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Jacksonville. 

They have printing press and/or a magician that is making all this money and cap space. 

They’ve spent a lot of money, but has it been impressive?

DJ Hayden 3 years 19 million? Are you kiddin’ me?

Moncrief  1 year 7 million?

I dunno...

13 minutes ago, Trueman said:

They’ve spent a lot of money, but has it been impressive?

DJ Hayden 3 years 19 million? Are you kiddin’ me?

Moncrief  1 year 7 million?

I dunno...

I meant the fact that they keep signing people and signing people somehow.

Not the actual people they've signed.