Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Billy Price at Guard. 2nd Rd ?

What does everyone think about this. He was a G for a couple years at Ohio State, and the kid is an absolute freak. He's big strong, physical, and athletic as heck for a O-Lineman. But for me, as far as 2nd RD options at Guard he'd be right there with Hernandez and/or Wynn. (I don't see 3 Guards going RD1. One will be there RD2 IMO) But I don't know who I'd take between him and Hernandez. I think he'd be a beast at Guard just like he would be at C. And I'm sure teams are looking at him as a G too. His injury isn't serious. He'll be back way before camp. But what is y'all's opinion of Price as a Guard ? I'm liking this idea a lot myself. Wouldn't mind at all seeing Price or Hernandez RD2 if we cant get Norwell in free agency.

I wouldn’t be mad at this and he’s likely to drop b cause of the injury.  However, we need to not get our hopes up about FA.  Ballard has said they will be careful and won’t break the bank for players.  I think Norwell falls into that category.  I could be surprised and be very happy but I’m not getting my hopes up for any huge names. 

I don’t know much about the players tbh but from all others accounts, I’m really hoping that Wynn falls into our second pick but many boards have him into the first round. 

As for Norwell, maybe we get him or maybe not but we need to get a top FA on that online and this kid has all the pieces of a star for another 5+ years. I say make the deal, we have the cash and the cap. 

Love it.  I just did a no-trade, chubb at #3 mock this morning to see how it would look, and I took Price in the 2nd.  The kicker for me is Ryan Kelly’s injury situation.  With a center who’s had some troubling injuries, it’d be nice to know we could still get a top-flight center on the field if Kelly becomes a constant injury threat...

My mock 3.0 I had us selecting Price in round 2. It’s a tie between him and Will Hernandez for UTEP as the second best guards in the draft. It would be a better option than to dish $12-$13 million on Norwell & getting into a bidding war for him. I know money isn’t an issue, Guard is a big need right now, but this draft class of Guards and O Linemen in general are deep. 

157050BE-80BC-47FE-89D6-80DE9702A5A5.jpeg

9 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Can Kelly play Guard? How well?

I would ask that same question. Hypothetically I am sure he could. I played Center and often in a pinch could be moved to Guard and even played OT during a semi-pro All-Star game. But it wasn't ideal.

The biggest knock on Price where people keep him at Center is the shorter 32" arms and all. Keelly did have arms that were over 33.5 inches. That said, I don't think it is wise to take your recent 1st round pick at Center and move him to Guard to accommodate a guy that you would likely be taking in the 2nd round or beyond.

I'd be all for taking Price if we see him as a good solid Guard prospect that can clearly fill in at Center if Kelly gets hurt. That said, I wouldn't want to take Price w the idea of a position change for Kelly in mind.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:52 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Can Kelly play Guard? How well?

Remember the last game of the season when the broncos beat us really bad at home and the next week we had to play them in a playoff game? well one thing that we did in that playoff game was to put our center Jeff Saturday at guard and we beat them really bad.

there was a bad match up with our guard the week before and we moved him to center