Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Colts interested in Princeton QB Chad Kanoff

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

will this guy even be drafted...?

If not, us showing interest could get him to sign with us an undrafted free agent

Winner!    Winner!

I think you're corrrect.   We'd love him as an undrafted free agent.    He'd be in the OS for a few years and maybe he turns into something....

Good call...

5 hours ago, IinD said:

I've been to many Princeton games. That's true...lol

The Harvard and Yale games get packed though.

Not like anyone cares.

And I wasn't being mean, I just noticed the crowd size in the videos. Looked like people were doing their homework during the game. 

5 hours ago, IinD said:

Can't remember the RB we drafted from there around 10 years ago who stuck around for a couple of seasons?

I remember him going for 200 against someone and I remember thinking, 'I saw that dude play once'...

Was it Keith Elias in 98 and 99? 

2 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

Could this mean that JB could be on the move ? I wouldn’t be opposed to taking a mid round pick for JB.

Maybe? If the offer is good enough. Right now, he's the best backup on the roster. Colts also have Kaaya, and they believe in him. I doubt Brissett is moved. I don't know much about this QB but maybe he's signed as an UDFA.

4 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Was it Keith Elias in 98 and 99? 

Actually I was totally wrong, my mistake.

It was this guy I watched destroy Princeton actually. Not the other way around like I wrote.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifton_Dawson

I was at that game as he destroyed Princeton. 

I do remember when he got drafted and thinking I remember seeing this guy live.

10 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He destroyed PCHS every time the Tigers played the Vincennes Lincoln Alices 

the Tri-State is a hotbed of NFL talent besides Painte

Matt Mauck

Scott Studwell

Kevin Hardy

Sean Bennett

Bruce King

Ken Dilger

Jay Cutler

Dan Stryszinski

Jon Hilbert

Not exactly a who's who of NFL talent on that list.   I did love Ken Dilger though.   

14 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Before anyone goes into panic mode, this could simply be as a backup role or competition for JB. 

Chill. 

Thanks for saving my life. But I'm going to stay out here on the ledge to wait and see if the Colts assemble a good offensive line. If they don't, I'm jumping.

5 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

Could this mean that JB could be on the move ? I wouldn’t be opposed to taking a mid round pick for JB.

I think he is available.  I would much rather sign an experienced backup and trade JB.  Ballard needs picks to rebuild our roster.  7 picks a year will take too long.  

17 hours ago, jimmy g said:

Originally committed to Vanderbilt, went to Princeton.  Gotta have brains.  Plus our 'other' QB from Stanford.  Might have the smartest QBs in the League...

Just wait for the Colts the acquire Ryan Fitzpatrick, then challenge the rest of the league in an academic decathlon!

8 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

Why would you think this?

There's no reason to trade Brissett.   He's either the inexpensive backup to Luck....  or he's the inexpensive starting QB.

Win-win.

There's no need to move him, and certainly not this year when there is a complete flood of QBs on the FA market and a very good crop of college QBs about to be drafted.   You'd be selling JB into a buyers market, not a sellers market.

We're good at QB..

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why would you think this?

There's no reason to trade Brissett.   He's either the inexpensive backup to Luck....  or he's the inexpensive starting QB.

Win-win.

There's no need to move him, and certainly not this year when there is a complete flood of QBs on the FA market and a very good crop of college QBs about to be drafted.   You'd be selling JB into a buyers market, not a sellers market.

We're good at QB..

He's inexpensive alright.  And after last year he has played quite a few games and has plenty of tape and recognition.  But I would rather have an experienced backup versus a young guy.  That way we could use an extra pick to further rebuild the team versus keeping a young QB on the bench who has shown flashes.  Some of the FA QB's are going to get big contracts and be instant starters.  The others will be competing.  Brisett can compete with many of them and he has shown he can play in this league and did so recently.  That's to his advantage. He has value.  It looks like Luck is going to be healthy which means he won't play this year.  I can see teams being very interested in him.  It wouldn't hurt to see if there's interest and who knows we might be pleasantly surprised with a nice offer and don't forget you can always say no.  JMO.