Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bradley Chubb 3-Cones at 7.37

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I did not initiate this bet. And I did not even bring the bet up today.

How about reading what happened?

I am not trying to get anyone to quit this forum.

I want to repeat so it is very clear. I never created this bet. And I didn't even bring this up.

So how is it "important" for me to "win the internet", when I did not even initiate this bet, and I did not even bring it up today? And it would have been easy for me to bring up, because it is clear that I am wining the bet? Heck I wasn't even going to hold anyone accountable to the stupid bet. 

Lol, you call me a liar and the link you provided has you agreeing to exactly what I said.  This isn't a big deal, but you are extremely strange or on crack.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

I did not initiate this bet. And I did not even bring the bet up today.

How about reading what happened?

I am not trying to get anyone to quit this forum.

I want to repeat so it is very clear. I never created this bet. And I didn't even bring this up.

So how is it "important" for me to "win the internet", when I did not even initiate this bet, and I did not even bring it up today? And it would have been easy for me to bring up, because it is clear that I am wining the bet? Heck I wasn't even going to hold anyone accountable to the stupid bet. 

I'm not talking just about this specific incident, you get very combative with other posters when defending an opinion and the chest beating post you made about how right you were previously was just OTT. Everyone has different opinions, sometimes you're right, sometimes you're wrong. Life it too short to get worked up about this stuff. 

This is a forum for discussing football, not a textual simulation of a playground. 

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

I'm not talking just about this specific incident, you get very combative with other posters when defending an opinion and the chest beating post you made about how right you were previously was just OTT. Everyone has different opinions, sometimes you're right, sometimes you're wrong. Life it too short to get worked up about this stuff. 

This is a forum for discussing football, not a textual simulation of a playground. 

I never said I was always right. In fact, I actually tried to get everyone to agree to disagree earlier in the thread.I even said we will revisit this during the actual draft.  

Not sure why you are singling me out here. 

7 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

What do you think a 40 time tests?! 

Speed. Yes that also goes into athleticism. But it actually matters for positions like RB, WR, CB, TE, Edge, And DT. It matters but it isn’t the end all be all. It’s the only applicable athletic test. In the NFL you’re not going to have to jump 10 ft forward, run around 3 cones, or jump 39” in the air (even WRs aren’t jumping that high on jump balls before you try and use that). It matters the most for TEs, CBs, WRs, and RBs. 

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Speed. Yes that also goes into athleticism. But it actually matters for positions like RB, WR, CB, TE, Edge, And DT. It matters but it isn’t the end all be all. It’s the only applicable athletic test. In the NFL you’re not going to have to jump 10 ft forward, run around 3 cones, or jump 39” in the air (even WRs aren’t jumping that high on jump balls before you try and use that). It matters the most for TEs, CBs, WRs, and RBs. 

My problem with the 40 and some of the other tests are how they are done

Just let time tell the story guys. Haven't been a member long but have been a long time reader of the forum. Time will tell. Let's see how FA goes then hope Ballard makes the right call. So many different scenarios that could play out. I can't remember a draft, that I was so excited to see due to the unknown and all the possibilities of what could happen. I'm hoping for a trade down so we can acquire more talent. Really think that's a strength of this class, it's deep with WR-TE-ol-LB talent. But I'm not going to be bitter because someone else wants Chubb,Barkley,etc. 1 week until FA lets go......

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

Well yes speed obviously but I'd say it only really matters for CBs/WRs and at a push TE. RBs and Edge rushers is so much more about the burst, which is why I'd be more worried about the 10 yard split. 

The others do all translate into the NFL, I mean vertical, never seen a jump ball? 3 cone is about quick changes in direction which is the "speed" you're more likely to see on an NFL field. Broad jump... well they were running short of events ok?

Are combine numbers the be all and all? Nope. Are they useful for fleshing out the whole picture on a prospect, of course they are. Use all the data available to you!

7 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Lol, you call me a liar and the link you provided has you agreeing to exactly what I said.  This isn't a big deal, but you are extremely strange or on crack.

No. That is not what you said. LOL

You know that. You're just continuing to try to stir this up. 

I am going to keep saying the same thing I have said for months now. If we stay at No. 3 then Barkley is the pick. I do think we will have some GREAT opportunities to trade back and it might be too much to pass up on.

Agree or disagree with me all you want to. That's is how I see this playing out. And this has been my thoughts on this for about 3 months now. 

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

No. That is not what you said. LOL

You know that. You're just continuing to try to stir this up. 

I am going to keep saying the same thing I have said for months now. If we stay at No. 3 then Barkley is the pick. I do think we will have some GREAT opportunities to trade back though. 

Agree or disagree with me all you want to. That's is how I see this playing out. And this has been my thoughts on this for about 3 months now. 

What is different from what I said on this thread and the the deal you agreed to?  You only lose if Barkley is there at 3 and the colts pass...and I only lose if he is available at 3 and the colts select him. Everything else is a wash.

what am I missing?

Just now, Four2itus said:

Well, we can see it changed your opinion. You might want to lighten up on vouching for the rest of the world. 

My opinion has been the same. I never thought we were going to take Chubb at 3. I thought there was a chance we could trade back and take him, but I am doubting that more now. 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

My opinion has been the same. I never thought we were going to take Chubb at 3. I thought there was a chance we could trade back and take him, but I am doubting that more now. 

I have wanted Nelson all along. 

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

What is different from what I said on this thread and the the deal you agreed to?

The Colts trading back creates a stalemate in the bet. You said you knew nothing about that, yet it is in my response to your request for the bet. 

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

Well yes speed obviously but I'd say it only really matters for CBs/WRs and at a push TE. RBs and Edge rushers is so much more about the burst, which is why I'd be more worried about the 10 yard split. 

The others do all translate into the NFL, I mean vertical, never seen a jump ball? 3 cone is about quick changes in direction which is the "speed" you're more likely to see on an NFL field. Broad jump... well they were running short of events ok?

Are combine numbers the be all and all? Nope. Are they useful for fleshing out the whole picture on a prospect, of course they are. Use all the data available to you!

Agreed but Football based but not always a determining factor see Shaq Griffin

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

The Colts trading back creates a stalemate in the bet. You said you knew nothing about that, yet it is in my response to your request for the bet. 

I said everything else is a wash. Wash = stalemate.

i said I knew nothing about your other bets

4 minutes ago, BOTT said:

What is different from what I said on this thread and the the deal you agreed to?  You only lose if Barkley is there at 3 and the colts pass...and I only lose if he is available at 3 and the colts select him. Everything else is a wash.

what am I missing?

That's not what you said earlier....

Question, what do you think the chances of us taking Barkley at No. 3 overall are now? :D 

8 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

If you’re jumping 41” in the air as a WR , you’ve got a really bad QB. But a 3 cone is pointless when we have seen Chubb quickly chase down Lamar Jackson. It’s about the tape. 90% of the tests/drills at the combine are overrated.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

I said everything else is a wash. Wash = stalemate.

i said I knew nothing about your other bets

You said that if we did not take Barkley then I would lose the bet. I told you that I only agreed to the bet, as long as we had a trade back clause. Because I think the chances are high that we get offered a great deal to move back. And we need help in a lot of places. 

If we stay and take a player then Barkley is clearly the best player available (if he is there). 

Just now, BlueShoe said:

That's not what you said earlier....

Question, what do you think the chances of us taking Barkley at No. 3 overall are now? :D 

It was about 3%. Now I believe it to be 3.23%. 

You seriously need to slow down and read. Wash = stalemate. And I said I didn't know anything about your bets with other people.

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

If he is there, I say we pass

I think it will depend on the deal. 

I could see us getting a lot of great picks out of this from moving back. 

At the same time, Barkley is a game-changer. He would make an immediate difference on our team. 

51 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

It is funny how people are starting to see that now. :D 

It was pretty clear 2 months ago, but only about 2 or 3 of us could see it. The others argued with us about this.... For days....

Now it is like everyone knew this all along. Well they did not know this. In fact most were against this idea and thought that drafting Barkley was a stupid thing to even consider. 

Now that things are getting easier to see.... People wan't to forget what they once thought they knew.

Some people have absolutely no stones and no integrity. 

As i said all along, I don't care what recent drafting trends have been when it comes to RBs.  I'm only looking at this current draft and our particular situation.  I'm only comparing Barkley and Chubb.  Barkley looks like a special player, Chubb does not.  I'm not passing on a special player out of some one-size fits all philosophical aversion to drafting a RB high.

That said, Barkley is now gone by #2  while Chubb likely drops, so it's a complete waste of energy.  Chances are neither will be a Colt.  Time to start looking elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

If you’re jumping 41” in the air as a WR , you’ve got a really bad QB. But a 3 cone is pointless when we have seen Chubb quickly chase down Lamar Jackson. It’s about the tape. 90% of the tests/drills at the combine are overrated.

Yea....how did Jerry Rices 40 time predict his career. 

8 minutes ago, BOTT said:

It was about 3%. Now I believe it to be 3.23%. 

You seriously need to slow down and read. Wash = stalemate. And I said I didn't know anything about your bets with other people.

I did not see the wash part at first, unless you changed it after I read your response. 

I want to make sure I understand. Do you really think there is only a 3% chance that will get drafted in the first 3 picks? I just want to understand your logic here. :D 

5 minutes ago, #12. said:

As i said all along, I don't care what recent drafting trends have been when it comes to RBs.  I'm only looking at this current draft and our particular situation.  I'm only comparing Barkley and Chubb.  Barkley looks like a special player, Chubb does not.  I'm not passing on a special player out of some one-size fits all philosophical aversion to drafting a RB high.

That said, Barkley is now gone by #2  while Chubb likely drops, so it's a complete waste of energy.  Chances are neither will be a Colt.  Time to start looking elsewhere.

I agree and have said this was a possibility too. 

IF Barkley is on the board, and we feel we are better off taking him than moving back, then I will be total agreement with the Colts. If Ballard gets a great deal to move back, then I will be in agreement with him too.

However, taking Chubb over Barkley would be INSANE! This has pretty much been my stance for quite some time now. 

4 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I did not see the wash part at first, unless you changed it after I read your response. 

I want to make sure I understand. Do you really think there is a 3% chance that Barkley is going get drafted in the first 3 picks? I just want to understand your logic here. :D 

I didn't edit anything, but let's carry on...

I was joking about the percentages, but I don't think Ballard will take Barkley at 3.  I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Just making a suggestion before things go to far not being in anyone’s business

BTW 

I understand your view

I get testy when accused of lying. Sorry

8 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I didn't edit anything, but let's carry on...

I was joking about the percentages, but I don't think Ballard will take Barkley at 3.  I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

You know we could have saved everyone a lot of time had we just said that. 

I gave my opinion on us taking Barkley, and you challenged me with a bet. I really don't think you expected me to take it. :D 

I am more than okay with anyone having a separate opinion than mine. I enjoy it as long as we are respectful about it. 

In the end, the best scouts only hit on about 50%. 

Some players.... Like Barkley... They break the mold and are damn near can't miss. I think Barkley is as close to a can't miss running back that we are going to see. 

Just now, CheezyColt said:

This thread has turned to garbage 

Happens every time Barkley gets brought up. 

A lot of people are very passionate about not wanting to draft a running back at No. 3. 

I think he is the best running back since Edgerrin James, and would welcome him with open arms.