Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coincidence?? Regarding TY

Indeee

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

I'm more shocked they trade their stud back up QB! They've gotta be in win it all mode for Brady. My guess is Brady retires at seasons end

Jimmy G's contract is up after this season and he's not going to re-sign with the Pats as he wants a chance to start someplace.  

They got a 2nd round pick for a player who's only future with their club was for the next 8 weeks and playoffs.  

They night and day won this trade.  Because unless they where ready to give Tom Brady the boot, Jimmy wasn't gonna stick around. 

That's the thing about drafting "QB of the future" when you have an aging franchise QB.  Your current franchise QB needs to be retiring in the next 4 years or that QB isn't going to stick around.  However the good news is if the QB is highly touted enough and did well in the pre-season and any games he might have played in you can generally trade him away for a high pick later on.

The Pats in a sense got 3 and a half years of using him as a cheap (due to rookie contract) but talent backup and traded him away for what will most likely be a higher pick then what they spent on him.

14 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

If we give the pats TY for a second, I would be belligerent. TY would probably put up 1700-1900 yards in that offense.

Seems like a lot. He's the featured target in Indy, so that's feasible with the Colts, but who's he going to displace in New England to put up that type of production? Gronk? Cooks? Hogan? Don't get me wrong, he'd get his touches playing with Brady, but there are a lot of mouths to feed in that offense.

1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

I guess we sit back and watch.

No one in their right mind in Indy bothers to care about the Patriots beyond Ballard looking like a genius when it comes to trading with them recently.

The last * game I watched was the last time the Colts played them

14 hours ago, Indeee said:

Earlier reported Colts wanted Browns 2nd round pick for TY. Then later Pats in talks with colts for TY, Rumored. Garapollo just raded to niners for 2018 2nd... Coincidence???

Mods you can move this just wanted it to be seen first

TY was a once-in-a-blue-moon pick.  Can't imagine getting rid of him.  If we do, it's part of a complete IPA WIPEDOWN of Ryan Grigson.

4 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

No one in their right mind in Indy bothers to care about the Patriots beyond Ballard looking like a genius when it comes to trading with them recently.

The last * game I watched was the last time the Colts played them

I am not concerned who cares about the Pats or watches them.

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I say trade TY to the Browns :peek:

Would Ballard strip the team of all WR's?  Think about if TY is traded to the Browns and then Moncrief is traded to the Redskins.  We have nothing left but Aiken and Rogers.  I have never been a fan of Bray.

Personally I bet we do not trade anyone.

5 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Would Ballard strip the team of all WR's?  Think about if TY is traded to the Browns and then Moncrief is traded to the Redskins.  We have nothing left but Aiken and Rogers.  I have never been a fan of Bray.

Personally I bet we do not trade anyone.

I'm being a smart $$$

Just now, Steamboat_Shaun said:

If the draft were tomorrow, Skins would have the 15th overall pick. I'm guessing that would be the asking price, & maybe a backup OL or something to sweeten the pot.

I would take 15th overall for him.  Plus if we traded back to still add a few more picks.  Interesting!