Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do not be shocked-Coaches

PrincetonTiger

14 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

keep the special teams coach for sure.

They've been very good this year. Kicking and coverage units have been a bright spot.

I remember the days when the special teams units cost the Colts games...now they've been a strength the past few years.

Keep him, but tell him to cut out the trick plays. 

26 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

keep the special teams coach for sure.

They've been very good this year. Kicking and coverage units have been a bright spot.

I remember the days when the special teams units cost the Colts games...now they've been a strength the past few years.

McMahon has done a good job of building special teams, I'm cool with keeping him and definitely the only coordinator I keep.  I would say McMahon, Emmanuel, and Schottenheimer are all worth retaining.  

It's typical that a new head coach holds over members of the previous staff. Sometimes they even retain coordinators.

Chargers 2017, kept Whisenhunt as OC, along with several other assistants: http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/chargers/sd-sp-chargers-coaches-20170213-story.html 

Rams 2017, kept Fassel as ST coordinator, along with other assistants: http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/06/28/los-angeles-rams-2017-coaching-staff-fast-facts/4/

Bills 2017, kept Crossman as ST coordinator: https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/2/9/14558636/sean-mcdermott-buffalo-bills-coaching-staff-finalized

Broncos 2017, kept 6 assistant coaches, including RB coach Studesville, who has been there since McDaniels was hired (that's four head coaches): http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/13/denver-broncos-coaching-staff-tracker/

In 2012, the Colts kept OC Clyde Christensen and RB coach David Walker.

It wouldn't be surprising to see some holdovers if the Colts hire a new head coach in 2018.