Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano Press Conference

TKnight24

4 hours ago, krunk said:

I mean we all know Bruce Arians.   He's going to look at that tape and see the struggling secondary and we know what's coming next.   He's going to stand Carson back there and throw 50 deep balls the whole game.   There isn't going to be much running from him between Kerwynn Williams and Chris Johnson.   I have a feeling we'll get a few sacks this game.   Could be wrong but we'll certainly get our chances against this team.

I question whether or not Palmer can throw the ball effectively anymore. If he looks like an all pro against us then I am going to start getting very worried about our pass defense. 

13 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I question whether or not Palmer can throw the ball effectively anymore. If he looks like an all pro against us then I am going to start getting very worried about our pass defense. 

Well, if Goff can be effective Vs our pass defense, I'm pretty sure that Palmer will be.

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well, if Goff can be effective Vs our pass defense, I'm pretty sure that Palmer will be.

That's only if you believe Goff sucks. I do not agree with the majority. What he did to us is not a fluke. I think he will have a breakout year. I even picked him up in fantasy football. I recommend everyone else follow suite. 

The Rams receiving corps is among the best in the NFL, and they will get better as the season matures. They compliment each other very well.

I can see Goff with 4,000 yards passing and about 25-30 passing TDs this year. You heard it here first. ;)

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

That's only if you believe Goff sucks. I do not agree with the majority. What he did to us is not a fluke. I think he will have a breakout year. I even picked him up in fantasy football. I recommend everyone else follow suite. 

The Rams receiving corps is among the best in the NFL, and they will get better as the season matures. They compliment each other very well.

I can see Goff with 4,000 yards passing and about 25-30 passing TDs this year. You heard it here first. ;)

I picked him up in a 2 QB league as my matchup and bye week backup. He did well Vs us last week, but I think literally any QB could of done what Goff did last week that is a starter. Time will tell whether I'm right or wrong, though I know Goff looked good in practice.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I picked him up in a 2 QB league as my matchup and bye week backup. He did well Vs us last week, but I think literally any QB could of done what Goff did last week that is a starter. Time will tell whether I'm right or wrong, though I know Goff looked good in practice.

Pick up Kupp too. 

4 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Kerwynn and Andre Ellington.  They cut CJ and we still have to watch the run but we should hopefully keep that as a non factor and pin the ears back and rush.  Arains is definitely going to want big plays against us and they will get some but we need to limit them.  Get some picks and capitalize.  This is where Hooker hopefully shines on that centerfield stage.

I believe the Cardinals re-signed CJ2000 this week after the put Johnson on the DL.

That's what I heard earlier....   if that's wrong,  I'm sure someone will correct me.

29 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You're operating under the view of Goff in 2016.

Flip your calendar.    It's now 2017 and Goff is better.    McVey is going to make him better.    He may not be great,  or even very good,  but he's going to be much improved over last year (which admittedly isn't saying much....)    and he couldn't get worse.

But McVey will make him better.     The only question is.....    how much?

I believe Chuck's QB decision dalliance goes along with their practice philosophy. Everyone said Morris wasn't so much at practice and Chuck rewarded Tolzien's hard work. That being said, I could work hard at practice and still be nothing like a QB. A team philosophy is important but the time comes when the obvious must be considered. I would go as far as bringing Morris back and cutting Tolzien as sadly he's never ever EVER going to make it. Also, there are other QBs (other than Kaep) that could be brought in for the short term.

50 minutes ago, bleevit said:

I believe Chuck's QB decision dalliance goes along with their practice philosophy. Everyone said Morris wasn't so much at practice and Chuck rewarded Tolzien's hard work. That being said, I could work hard at practice and still be nothing like a QB. A team philosophy is important but the time comes when the obvious must be considered. I would go as far as bringing Morris back and cutting Tolzien as sadly he's never ever EVER going to make it. Also, there are other QBs (other than Kaep) that could be brought in for the short term.

Ive been under the assumption that since Brissett is the clear backup going forward they kept Tolzien simply because hes a vet that knows the playbook/ film room side of things better than Morris. It was more about who would help Brissett transition into our offense and put him in the best position to succeed rather than who the better player was on the field. 

The good news is that hopefully this means Tolzien will be gone once Luck is back.

But honestly, if im a 2nd yr QB thats being thrust into starting a game 2 weeks after showing up, given the choice of mentor/spotter between a guy who knows the offense but lacks the skill and a guy who has some skill but lacks the knowledge, I know which id rather want backing me up. 

18 hours ago, krunk said:

I mean we all know Bruce Arians.   He's going to look at that tape and see the struggling secondary and we know what's coming next.   He's going to stand Carson back there and throw 50 deep balls the whole game.   There isn't going to be much running from him between Kerwynn Williams and Chris Johnson.   I have a feeling we'll get a few sacks this game.   Could be wrong but we'll certainly get our chances against this team.

Yup... he's going to take shots downfield on 1st and 2nd downs, then just try to convert on 3rd down to get more shots downfield on 1st and 2nd down again. If no pass rush to disrupt the play developments, Colts secondary could be in for a long day.

14 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

The Cardinals overworked him last year. Bruce Arians learned from it.  Palmer was / is / and will be on a pitch count all of 2017 (OTA's, training camps, pre season games, and even) during the regular season.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2017/07/23/arizona-cardinals-hope-keep-carson-palmer-healthy-and-safe-continuing-rest-him/502391001/

And it's early in the season.  Palmer is as fresh as he will be this year.

21 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Pagano press conferences are kind of like Seinfeld episodes.....except not funny 

Him saying the 49ers kicked our butt was pretty funny. haha 

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

The Cardinals overworked him last year. Bruce Arians learned from it.  Palmer was / is / and will be on a pitch count all of 2017 (OTA's, training camps, pre season games, and even) during the regular season.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2017/07/23/arizona-cardinals-hope-keep-carson-palmer-healthy-and-safe-continuing-rest-him/502391001/

And it's early in the season.  Palmer is as fresh as he will be this year.

If he has a lot of success against us then we should be worried about our pass defense. 

On 9/16/2017 at 7:48 AM, SaturdayAllDay said:

Ive been under the assumption that since Brissett is the clear backup going forward they kept Tolzien simply because hes a vet that knows the playbook/ film room side of things better than Morris. It was more about who would help Brissett transition into our offense and put him in the best position to succeed rather than who the better player was on the field. 

The good news is that hopefully this means Tolzien will be gone once Luck is back.

But honestly, if im a 2nd yr QB thats being thrust into starting a game 2 weeks after showing up, given the choice of mentor/spotter between a guy who knows the offense but lacks the skill and a guy who has some skill but lacks the knowledge, I know which id rather want backing me up. 

I would agree in principle, but my problem is the knowing of the playbook while important, shrinks in value should Jacoby happen to get injured in which case we are back to a totally failed Tolzien at quaterback. 

3 minutes ago, bleevit said:

I would agree in principle, but my problem is the knowing of the playbook while important, shrinks in value should Jacoby happen to get injured in which case we are back to a totally failed Tolzien at quaterback. 

But at that point it doesnt matter. There arent any teams that expect to win with their 3rd string qb playing for any significant amount of time. 

Plus at that point we can just resign and start Morris anyways if we really wanted to. Not like anyone picked him up.....