Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

By Definition The Colts Are Rebuilding

King Colt

11 hours ago, richard pallo said:

If we are in the rebuilding mode then it would make sense to trade Gore to a contender, especially after acquiring Jones.  Maybe Gore to the Seahawks for Jeremy Lane who they were shopping at cut down day.   

What contending team is going to trade for a 34 year old RB? 

And why would any team want to get rid of a productive locker room leader who doesn't cost a lot of money? 

Why is everyone so eager to get rid of Frank Gore? Leave him right where he is, please. If they were going to cut him, they would have done so early in the offseason. 

12 hours ago, richard pallo said:

If we are in the rebuilding mode then it would make sense to trade Gore to a contender, especially after acquiring Jones.  Maybe Gore to the Seahawks for Jeremy Lane who they were shopping at cut down day.   

What makes you think any team would trade for Gore? He is 34 and in the twilight of his career. You seem to think he is a hot commodity?

12 hours ago, richard pallo said:

It would be nice to get a Draft pick for him but not sure anyone wants a 34 yr old RB, He still can produce but he isn't what was 3 years ago.

11 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

What makes you think any team would trade for Gore? He is 34 and in the twilight of his career. You seem to think he is a hot commodity?

I wouldn't call him a hot commodity but I think a contending team in need of a running back would be interested.  The Raiders brought in Lynch who is pushing 32 and hasn't played in practically two years.  Gore just came off a 1000 yd. season with a 500 team.  I have no idea what we could get but if we are in a" rebuilding mode "it would make sense to try and get something now because he surely won't be back next year.  He will probably open up as our starter but I wouldn't rule out him being moved before the trade deadline especially if injuries hit the contenders.  Only a few are safe with Ballard.

On 9/4/2017 at 9:31 AM, King Colt said:

Proof - 25 of the players currently on the roster as of 09/04/17 were not there last year. So how can anyone predict how they will fare this season? We wanted a new GM, we got one.

I like it-I think.

IMO, I believe Ballard will be better than the last GM. But the injury bugs have gotta stop, need a pesticide for them little critters. I believe we are a better team this year than last year. Gotta get past slow starts, and questioned play calls. The OL has to block for Luck better and Luck has to stop trying to do so much with his competitive mind thinking. I predict we are younger faster, stronger and getting better.

We are going younger and deeper.  I think Ballard may always keep that balancing act as long as he is here.  Grow your core group, rotate the rest as needed. 

Playing it safe with Luck is just the right thing to do, .  If he gets a high priced backup to be competitive, he still doesn't have the team to win.  I don't think he had much choice.

On 9/4/2017 at 9:56 AM, DaveA1102 said:

Its a rebuild, but on top of a much more solid foundation than other "rebuilding" teams.

Much easier to rebuild with a franchise QB in place as the other pieces are easier to find/experiment with.

Yeah, which is why there being very cautious with Luck. 

7 hours ago, hoosierhysteria said:

IMO, I believe Ballard will be better than the last GM. But the injury bugs have gotta stop, need a pesticide for them little critters. I believe we are a better team this year than last year. Gotta get past slow starts, and questioned play calls. The OL has to block for Luck better and Luck has to stop trying to do so much with his competitive mind thinking. I predict we are younger faster, stronger and getting better.

Yes, I totally agree!

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:59 AM, richard pallo said:

I know this is a pipe dream but maybe Aaron Donald could be acquired.  We have the cap space to give him a new deal.   Maybe Henry Anderson and a 1st. rounder in 2019.  You never know. 

We cant afford to give up draft capital for a player who yes is a pretty good player but would he really be in our long term plans. He was good in a 4-3 which is what they played in last season but would he fit the 3-4 I have my doubts.