Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ezekiel Elliott Could Miss 6+ Games In Suspension

King Colt

32 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

As the mother of a daughter that was date raped by the worst serial rapist in San Diego county and stood by her during the trial, I have a viewpoint that not many have.  The victim is repeatedly victimized, attacked, and her character is publicly ripped to shreds.  

Our daughter's rapist committed over 100+ date rapes via drugs.  Not one of his victims would stop him for fear of what it would mean for their own reputation or for fear of violent retaliation if he wasn't convicted.  Our daughter was the first who came forward and said, "Why won't they stand up to him and stop him from doing this to another woman or child?  If no one else will I have to try."  His last victim was 14 years old and he is in jail for life with I believe no possibility of parole.  

Too many discount a woman's testimony or do not understand what it costs her to come forward and try to prove the charges.  You can even hear echoes of that mindset in this thread.  Powerful men who are violent men take advantage of that.   I am glad the NFL has a higher standard and is holding their men accountable to it.  Even if one day it costs my own team because of it.  

Oh my god.  That's terrible.  I have three daughters.  I couldn't begin to imagine the pain and anger you must have had, and still do.      I hate rapists and men who abuse women.   Prayers to your family

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

As the mother of a daughter that was date raped by the worst serial rapist in San Diego county and stood by her during the trial, I have a viewpoint that not many have.  The victim is repeatedly victimized, attacked, and her character is publicly ripped to shreds.  

Our daughter's rapist committed over 100+ date rapes via drugs.  Not one of his victims would stop him for fear of what it would mean for their own reputation or for fear of violent retaliation if he wasn't convicted.  Our daughter was the first who came forward and said, "Why won't they stand up to him and stop him from doing this to another woman or child?  If no one else will I have to try."  His last victim was 14 years old and he is in jail for life with I believe no possibility of parole.  

Too many discount a woman's testimony or do not understand what it costs her to come forward and try to prove the charges.  You can even hear echoes of that mindset in this thread.  Powerful men who are violent men take advantage of that.   I am glad the NFL has a higher standard and is holding their men accountable to it.  Even if one day it costs my own team because of it.  

The NFL got it wrong with Ray Rice.  Goodell admitted as such. Now they have a system in place to deal with such issues, even if the judicial system allows them to escape from facing consequencest from a legal standpoint. They will investigate on their own if the legal system doesn't pursue it.  The Ezekiel Elliot investigation proves they will take a ton of time and resources as necessary. Then take appropriate action as well.

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Oh my god.  That's terrible.  I have three daughters.  I couldn't begin to imagine the pain and anger you must have had, and still do.      I hate rapists and men who abuse women.   Prayers to your family

Yup, oldest daughter and son in law have three (granddaughters) girls, 3 1/2, 1 1/2, a 3 months.  Can't even fathom such things...

He deserved at least 4 games IMO if the evidence shows he did abuse the woman. I am ok with 6. I guess now we will see how good Dak really is, everyone was putting him on a pedestal last season. Lets see how he does without a RB like Zeke. Wilson's team wasn't near as good  without Lynch last season either. Welcome to Andrew's world. Back to Zeke, he needs to get his head on straight. Anyone that abuses a woman has mental problems IMO.

59 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

That dude needs to be "put down" if u know what i mean:

on the bright side, he'll be on the opposite end of "date rape" in prison. Too bad castration isnt a potential punishment.

1 hour ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like one sick dude. I hope your daughter can recover in time and is doing well.

13 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

It was his 1st preseason game.

takes time.  He looks like he has more potential than they've had in a while..... a long while..

but i guess he's no tom savage.

haha

Tom savage is always mocked.  He has been there best qb in a while

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like one sick dude. I hope your daughter can recover in time and is doing well.

It was probably 18 years ago now.  Though she is mostly recovered, it is never very far from her mind.  We were very proud of her boldness to speak out.   She also fearlessly tackled getting  counseling to process the experience.   It was very helpful.  She is married with a wonderful husband and two sons.

3 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

It was probably 18 years ago now.  Though she is mostly recovered, it is never very far from her mind.  We were very proud of her boldness to speak out.   She also fearlessly tackled getting  counseling to process the experience.   It was very helpful.  She is married with a wonderful husband and two sons.

That's great to hear, sounds like a strong minded woman.

21 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Kinda like the least ugly girl at the ugly girl's dance.

Maybe,  I'm sure tom brady was viewed as such as well.  Draft position doesn't mean success.  I think Watson's game is completely wrong for obriens offense.  We will see

3 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

The NFL does not need "beyond reasonable doubt".  A court of law does.  Or maybe something happened where certain testimony would not be allowed in court.  Who knows.  But the NFL does not need to prove anything, they just need to convince themselves of any evidence they get.

This is a big reason why Brady tried taking his case to the Supreme Court, it wasn't about deflated footballs, it was about if the NFL had the right suspend players based on beliefs and suppositions rather than facts.  The Circuit court ruled that the NFL does, in fact have that right.

Yes, I am aware of the burden of proof. But I also know from personal experience that it doesn't always stop a prosecutor from being a charge that isn't certain to stick too.

Like you said -- who knows.

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Maybe,  I'm sure tom brady was viewed as such as well.  Draft position doesn't mean success.  I think Watson's game is completely wrong for obriens offense.  We will see

Yea, u never know.  Some look good early, then stink (RG3), and some take time to develop.... if they do at all.

we just need to get our guy back on the field, or they can bring Osweiler back and beat us.

13 hours ago, King Colt said:

Adam Shefter is saying if the NFL goes the domestic violence path Elliott could get a heavy suspension versus the 1 or 2 games we have heard and it could come today. This from Mike & Mike on Friday morning 8/11/17.

That suspension is crap cause they never did prove he did anything.

2 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

She sounds like a strong woman that was fortunate to have a loving  and supportive family and group of friends around her. 

But no one should. Go thru that. Women get "beat up" enuff in the workplace, and even that is too much.  Let alone worse things that happen. 

13 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

6 games does not seem "heavy" to anyone who has witnessed the impact of an abusive man on a woman's life.  

Being good at playing a game should not shield a man from the consequences of his choice.  The process seems thorough, worked through outside experts in the field and seems as though there was adequate evidence.  

Playing in the NFL is a privilege not a right.  Upholding the code of behavior is part of attaining that privilege.

Reading the details,,he's lucky its only 6 games......10 was possible

There are police reports on 3 different days? 3 different incidents? Same woman

....I can only imagine why the local police didn't prosecute him....

Edited by oldunclemark

17 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Reading the details,,he's lucky its only 6 games......10 was possible

There are police reports on 3 different days? 3 different incidents? Same woman

....I can only imagine why the local police didn't prosecute him....

Maybe because he was a star football player? Had he been held accountable the first time there might not have been three? 

IMO it is an old story about a star player getting special treatment just because they are who they are.

Very rarely does stuff like this turn out good.

The Cowboys O-Line is the best in the league, so Elliott's suspension shouldn't hurt them too much. 

I haven't been following Zeke's case but it seems like his punishment is inconsistent. Ray Rice and AP got suspended for a lot less. Josh Brown only got suspended for 1 game, and there was evidence that he beat his wife. Kaep is suspended indefinitely for some stupid reason. Zeke will probably get his suspension cut down to 3 or 4 games on appeal. 

17 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

The NFL got it wrong with Ray Rice.  Goodell admitted as such. Now they have a system in place to deal with such issues, even if the judicial system allows them to escape from facing consequencest from a legal standpoint. They will investigate on their own if the legal system doesn't pursue it.  The Ezekiel Elliot investigation proves they will take a ton of time and resources as necessary. Then take appropriate action as well.

And the NFL is still getting it wrong. Ezekiel should've been suspended last year if they were going to do something about it. 

Josh Brown got 1 game for beating his wife over 20 times...The NFL is still a long way from repairing it's image when it comes to domestic violence. Adrian Peterson is still in the league after repeatedly having child abuse incidents...Good thing they didn't kneel during the anthem though, otherwise they wouldn't have a job at all! 

7 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

The Cowboys O-Line is the best in the league, so Elliott's presence shouldn't hurt them too much. 

I haven't been following Zeke's case but it seems like his punishment is inconsistent. Ray Rice and AP got suspended for a lot less. Josh Brown only got suspended for 1 game, and there was evidence that he beat his wife. Kaep is suspended indefinitely for some stupid reason. Zeke will probably get his suspension cut down to 3 or 4 games on appeal. 

Gave you a like cause I agree with almost everything you said. The Josh Brown case was absolutely unreal...The NFL cares way more about protecting it's brand image as the shield, than it does about domestic violence abuse victims. Greg Hardy nearly murdered his wife, and he was still in the league after that. 

My only disagreement is Dallas' o-line. People say this every year...Last year, people didn't want to give credit to Dak cause the o-line (and this weird mythology about Romo being the next Roger Staubach all of a sudden, after people spent years of calling him a choker). It's the same o-line that let Tony Romo get killed with back injuries in his last years. In 2015 without DeMarco Murray, that o-line did not produce a solid run game when they fell apart without Romo. Dallas would've been an 8-8 team last year without Romo, but Dak Prescott proved to be the real deal. I expect them to struggle a bit without Ezekiel, but that O-line can be had at times. 

23 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Cowboys gonna win the Super bowl this year now. They feel slighted and now Dak is "mad"

Dallas is starting 4 rookies on their secondary. They are a long ways away from a Super Bowl. I am probably the biggest Dak Prescott fan on this entire board, absolutely love the kid, but they're going to need a few years to develop that secondary before they have a real shot at a SB. 

On 8/11/2017 at 9:03 PM, jameszeigler834 said:

The NFL is not held to the same standards and burden of proof like a court case.  An ex Attorney General of New Jersey was on an advisory panel that reviewed of the evidence the NFL collected.  He had this to say about it:

Let me share with you how I came to that conclusion myself. There is an eyewitness here. The eyewitness is Tiffany Thompson herself. She is a victim and a survivor. She took photos of her injuries. As the league examined the meta-data in the phone with respect to those photos, the league discovered the date on which those photos were taken. They were taken the same day as Ms. Thompson alleged she was injured by Mr. Elliott. We also examined the reports of two medical experts who are knowledgeable about violence issues, and evaluating injuries of violence. These medical experts corroborated many of the statements that Ms. Thompson made. We also examined the, as I said before, the submissions offered by Mr. Elliott’s representatives. One thing that was significant to us was that many of these people offered affidavits. They declined to be interviewed by the NFL’s investigators, which raised suspicions in our minds about the veracity of these witnesses. In at least one of the affidavits that I reviewed, the information was different in the affidavit than the witness gave to the NFL’s investigators when they talked to this particular witness. We also examined the arguments made by Mr. Elliott’s representatives, and the arguments seemed to be theoretical. They did not seem to be supported by any witness, any document, any other substantive evidence. And so as I evaluated the information, I came to the conclusion that physical force was used by Mr. Elliott against Ms. Thompson, that it caused her injury, and it violated, in my view, the personal conduct policy.

9 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

The Cowboys O-Line is the best in the league, so Elliott's suspension shouldn't hurt them too much. 

It is inconsistent, and the NFL mad mistakes in the past tryhing to let players off, it appears.  That seems to be over since the last big whiff (Brown, the NY Giants kicker) on DV punishment, went awry.

But the NFL made a policy that violating the PCP via domestic violence requires a 6 game suspension on first offense.  The second offense results in banishment from the league.  With all of the poor decisions, even one's made after the new policy was re-written, the NFL must stick to the PCP.  Elliott's suspension is correct for his crime.  All of the others previously weren't, and varied wildly form case to case, and that's why so many ended up in Federal Court.

Like Tom Brady, details will come out once the NFLPA appeal is completed, and they go to Federal court (again, long shot to win, based upon the Tom Brady case results).

10 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

Kaep is not suspended. He is a free agent.

So child abuse is less than what Zeke did? How do you figure that?

19 hours ago, Synthetic said:

Dallas is starting 4 rookies on their secondary. They are a long ways away from a Super Bowl. I am probably the biggest Dak Prescott fan on this entire board, absolutely love the kid, but they're going to need a few years to develop that secondary before they have a real shot at a SB. 

lol just poking fun at what happened with Tom Brady..

11 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

The NFL is not held to the same standards and burden of proof like a court case.  An ex Attorney General of New Jersey was on an advisory panel that reviewed of the evidence the NFL collected.  He had this to say about it:

Let me share with you how I came to that conclusion myself. There is an eyewitness here. The eyewitness is Tiffany Thompson herself. She is a victim and a survivor. She took photos of her injuries. As the league examined the meta-data in the phone with respect to those photos, the league discovered the date on which those photos were taken. They were taken the same day as Ms. Thompson alleged she was injured by Mr. Elliott. We also examined the reports of two medical experts who are knowledgeable about violence issues, and evaluating injuries of violence. These medical experts corroborated many of the statements that Ms. Thompson made. We also examined the, as I said before, the submissions offered by Mr. Elliott’s representatives. One thing that was significant to us was that many of these people offered affidavits. They declined to be interviewed by the NFL’s investigators, which raised suspicions in our minds about the veracity of these witnesses. In at least one of the affidavits that I reviewed, the information was different in the affidavit than the witness gave to the NFL’s investigators when they talked to this particular witness. We also examined the arguments made by Mr. Elliott’s representatives, and the arguments seemed to be theoretical. They did not seem to be supported by any witness, any document, any other substantive evidence. And so as I evaluated the information, I came to the conclusion that physical force was used by Mr. Elliott against Ms. Thompson, that it caused her injury, and it violated, in my view, the personal conduct policy.

It is inconsistent, and the NFL mad mistakes in the past tryhing to let players off, it appears.  That seems to be over since the last big whiff (Brown, the NY Giants kicker) on DV punishment, went awry.

But the NFL made a policy that violating the PCP via domestic violence requires a 6 game suspension on first offense.  The second offense results in banishment from the league.  With all of the poor decisions, even one's made after the new policy was re-written, the NFL must stick to the PCP.  Elliott's suspension is correct for his crime.  All of the others previously weren't, and varied wildly form case to case, and that's why so many ended up in Federal Court.

Like Tom Brady, details will come out once the NFLPA appeal is completed, and they go to Federal court (again, long shot to win, based upon the Tom Brady case results).

I don't see Elliott just doing something unprovoked so what did she do that they don't seem to care about heck they investigated this for a year found nothing and if she had injuries why were there no charges filed against him oh right cause he didn't do anything wrong there for a 6 game suspension let alone any suspension at all is bull.

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Kaep is not suspended. He is a free agent.

So child abuse is less than what Zeke did? How do you figure that?

If Kaep were to be signed, he would be suspended indefinitely. Child abuse isn't less than what Zeke did. I'm just pointing out how inconsistent the NFL is in doling out punishment. Domestic abuse only gets 1 game, but Zeke's case is less clear cut and he gets 6(which will probably be lessened on appeal). Doesn't the NFL also have a policy of minimum 6 games suspension for assault? I haven't been following Zeke's case, so I don't know if he deserves the suspension, but what he did was not good(the St. Patrick's day thing), and should be appropriately punished for it. As for his other case, the NFL is a business, so even if he wasn't found guilty in the eyes of the law, he can still be punished.

21 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I don't see Elliott just doing something unprovoked so what did she do that they don't seem to care about heck they investigated this for a year found nothing and if she had injuries why were there no charges filed against him oh right cause he didn't do anything wrong there for a 6 game suspension let alone any suspension at all is bull.

Not to be argumentative but unless you know Elliott personally you can't say he did anything that was unprovoked.

There has been a long history of certain people who can get away with all kinds of stuff just because of who they are.

Do I think he is guilty? I don't know. Do you think he is innocent? You don't know that either for certain.

7 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

If Kaep were to be signed, he would be suspended indefinitely. Child abuse isn't less than what Zeke did. I'm just pointing out how inconsistent the NFL is in doling out punishment. Domestic abuse only gets 1 game, but Zeke's case is less clear cut and he gets 6(which will probably be lessened on appeal). Doesn't the NFL also have a policy of minimum 6 games suspension for assault? I haven't been following Zeke's case, so I don't know if he deserves the suspension, but what he did was not good(the St. Patrick's day thing), and should be appropriately punished for it. As for his other case, the NFL is a business, so even if he wasn't found guilty in the eyes of the law, he can still be punished.

Kaep is free to sign with any team he wants to and would not be suspended. Feel free to look that up if you care to. He wasn't the only player to do what he did and none of them have been suspended over it.

If you have been following the NFL over the last couple of years there has been a change in the way things are done in regards to actions considered detrimental to the league especially for domestic abuse. This goes back to Ray Rice. He had is suspension expanded after the out rage over his original suspension.

What you say about the inconsistency has been in the past, not the last couple of years.

You say yourself you haven't been following this case but you seem to be pretty judgmental over something you obviously don't know too much about. If you are going to make these blanket statements maybe it would be a good idea to at least have some knowledge of what you are saying is true and factual.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Not to be argumentative but unless you know Elliott personally you can't say he did anything that was unprovoked.

There has been a long history of certain people who can get away with all kinds of stuff just because of who they are.

Do I think he is guilty? I don't know. Do you think he is innocent? You don't know that either for certain.

I just read a report an hour ago about how this woman lied about him yanking her out of the car during an aruement so she lied about that what else did she lie about.

On August 11, 2017 at 5:35 PM, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Nothing I can say will ever take away your daughter's pain, anguish, frustration, & altered existence now. I wouldn't wish this level of hades on anybody. Sexual assaults affect the whole family not just the victim herself as you are well aware I'm sure GAFT. 

I sincerely hope everyone in your family is receiving whatever help they need. I'm so sorry. 

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

This doesn't look good for the accuser though:

http://www.businessinsider.com/ezekiel-elliott-suspension-appeal-blackmail-text-messages-from-accuser-2017-8

However, it does not change the fact what he did to her. Zeke is hoping for a reduction at best.

I believe the NFL claims to have known about this before making their decision. They feel that, whatever the nature of their relationship, and even if this girl is shady to a degree, that there's evidence that Elliott was physically violent toward her, and caused her injuries. 

On 8/11/2017 at 9:03 PM, jameszeigler834 said:

On 8/13/2017 at 10:12 AM, crazycolt1 said:

On 8/13/2017 at 1:31 PM, jameszeigler834 said:

I just read a report an hour ago about how this woman lied about him yanking her out of the car during an aruement so she lied about that what else did she lie about.

All-due respect @crazycolt1, but I am going to get a little argumentative about this subject.  Hopefully you back me up.

To @jameszeigler834 I pose this scenario:  Let's say that hypothetically, I, Lucky Colts Fan, have been accused of multiple instances of abusing children/women.  Maybe the prosecution doesn't have enough evidence to convict me because I got "lucky" or was "smart" about the evidence I left behind, so I go free.

Legally, I'm "innocent" right?  But for arguments' sake:  You gonna let me babysit your kids?  Can I be a teacher at your kids' school?

You comfortable with Ezekial Elliott dating your daughter?

:dunno:

On 8/12/2017 at 0:56 PM, Synthetic said:

And the NFL is still getting it wrong. Ezekiel should've been suspended last year if they were going to do something about it. 

Josh Brown got 1 game for beating his wife over 20 times...The NFL is still a long way from repairing it's image when it comes to domestic violence. Adrian Peterson is still in the league after repeatedly having child abuse incidents...Good thing they didn't kneel during the anthem though, otherwise they wouldn't have a job at all! 

It's interesting you bring this up.. as I felt it was a catalyst to the way the NFL does business as far as investigations and punishment now.

Yes, the NFL ripped up the old DV policy, brought in a lot of intelligent women for input, and rolled out their new policy.  But,. they had a shoddy investigation team performing shoddy work.  King Co.

sheriff mentioned the NFL 'guy' try to get public info on the victim was a yokel.  Put on top Josh brown was a coward away from his ex wife and lied and covered up as much as he could.  And the 'yokel' nfl investigation team could not tell whether to wholly believe the victim or lying player, and tried to decided based upon information they did get from the 'official' investigation.  They settled on one game, and Boom... a personal journal detailing all the abuse Brown committed throughout out the years.

Now, their investigation team is experts, ex-FBi , private I, etc people and have free reign to dig as deep and in places where the official court system might not.  And there are less restraints in regards to time frame too.   So i a sad and ironic way, the Brown fiasco also (with Ray Rice) had set the tone for the Elliott drama unfolding now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/08/11/ezekiel-elliott-suspension-an-inside-look-at-the-nfls-investigation-and-punishment-decision/?utm_term=.9c6fa72b06bf

And remember, the NFL burden of proof only has to be  Preponderance of the Evidence (more likely than not, 50.1% or > to 49.9 % or < : Not Guilty beyond all resaonable doubt like the criminal judicial system requires.

The head of the advisory panel on this case to the NFL said they all reviewed the evidence and felt it me the  More likely than Not standard for determining guilt and administering punishment. He admitted the Ohio DA thought he was guilty, but felt he would likely not be able to convince every single seated juror that he did commit the offense(s) beyond all reasonable doubt.

My feeling is that one proven falsehood where the victim tried to convince a friend something happened as well that did not would derail the whole trial, not matter how much other damning info was there.

And again, the Ray Rice ( 2 games) and Josh Brown (1 gmae) mess ups don't make it right to mess up Elliott's punishment either.  As I saw someone write on this-

"If you assert the league got it wrong with Rice and Brown and that Elliott is their makeup call, aren't you implying the league finally got it right? Is your argument that since the league stumbled with Rice and Brown, they owe it to Elliott, in the interest of fairness, to be wrong again?"

Hmm.... indeed.

55 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

All-due respect @crazycolt1, but I am going to get a little argumentative about this subject.  Hopefully you back me up.

To @jameszeigler834 I pose this scenario:  Let's say that hypothetically, I, Lucky Colts Fan, have been accused of multiple instances of abusing children/women.  Maybe the prosecution doesn't have enough evidence to convict me because I got "lucky" or was "smart" about the evidence I left behind, so I go free.

Legally, I'm "innocent" right?  But for arguments' sake:  You gonna let me babysit your kids?  Can I be a teacher at your kids' school?

You comfortable with Ezekial Elliott dating your daughter?

:dunno:

Well what I'm saying you are still innocent until proven guilty in this country and they couldn't prove it in the year long investigation there for innocent and he should be allowed to play.

33 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Well what I'm saying you are still innocent until proven guilty in this country and they couldn't prove it in the year long investigation there for innocent and he should be allowed to play.

The NFL did not punish Elliott until it was determined the bulk of the evidence says he was Guilty, according to their investigation. That's your misstep.  This is not a criminal case, the NFL can't place Elliot in jail like in a criminal trial in a case against the state.  This is more like a Civil case, and the rules, burden of proof, and punishments are much different from criminal cases.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The standard of proof is also very different in a criminal case versus a civil case. Crimes must generally be proved "beyond a reasonable doubt", whereas civil cases are proved by lower standards of proof such as "the preponderance of the evidence" (which essentially means that it was more likely than not that something occurred in a certain way). The difference in standards exists because civil liability is considered less blameworthy and because the punishments are less severe

Criminal cases almost always allow for a trial by jury. Civil cases do allow juries in some instances, but many civil cases will be decided by a judge

A defendant in a criminal case is entitled to an attorney, and if he or she can't afford one, the state must provide an attorney. A defendant in a civil case is not given an attorney and must pay for one, or else defend him or herself.

The protections afforded to defendants under criminal law are considerable (such as the protection against illegal searches and seizures under the 4th Amendment). Many of these well known protections are not available to a defendant in a civil case.

In general, because criminal cases have greater consequences - the possibility of jail and even death - criminal cases have many more protections in place and are harder to prove.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This case is Elliott vs. the NFL (violating the Personal Conduct Policy, section on Domestic Violence)  He was found guilty, and he is now appealing to an arbitrator.  He could get it reduced, but doubtful is is vacated.  Elliot says they'll go the Federal court route.  But the Brady case has really made it more difficult for Elliot to win that. And who pays?  Does Zeke make all his playing bro's pay via NFLPA? Fed court is long and expensive.  Brady and his wife were loaded in the bank, so no issue. How about Elliot? He got enough coin to endure a long Federal court fight vs. the NFL?  This what Tom got from it-

"The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit reinstated the National Football League’s four-game suspension of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady for his role in the illicit deflation of footballs during the 2015 AFC championship game.

In doing so, the court cited — and, in effect, reinforced — the broad powers granted to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell in the collective bargaining agreement between the league and the players’ union. 

6 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Fair enough.  In a court of law, you are 100% correct.  There is definitely a gray-area when it comes to he-said vs. she-said that can be exploited by opportunists.

All I'm saying is that if a player gives the "authorities" enough evidence to actually conduct an investigation, then they're probably not as "innocent" as you're giving them credit for.  I think the NFL agrees.

If Elliott had done absolutely nothing wrong and there was zero evidence of him doing anything illegal, this would be a non-story or exposed as a gold-digging scam or "fake news" or something.  Which may still prove to be the case.  I don't know, but this doesn't look good.

Unless she had a gun, it's hard to imagine a justifiable reason for him to hit her instead of just walking away (backward of course, if you have a brain, you don't turn your back on an angry woman with a weapon), but avoiding violence none-the-less.

Zekes' availability is now directly affected by his off-field shenanigans.  Can't say I feel bad for the Cowboys. :dunno: