LB JACK CICHY
WISCONSIN
6: R6P3

CB LEVI WALLACE
ALABAMA
7: R7P3

G ISAIAH WYNN
GEORGIA

I think this one is one of my favorite drafts I've done. Billy Price is listed as C but he can play G too. Jack Cichy was getting a lot of hype to start the season but he got injured and his stock seems to have been hit. I don't know what Levi Wallace's stock is but it seemed kind of ridiculous that he was still there in round 6. I had to take him. 

This draft almost depends on us changing defensive scheme because both Ferrell and Chubb are probably better suited as 43 defensive ends. 

3: R1P3

LG QUENTON NELSON - no brainer bpa
NOTRE DAME
35: R2P3

RG/C BILLY PRICE - With the concussions to Ryan Kelly it would be very wise to have a talented option like Price who can slide over.
OHIO STATE
67: R3P3

LB MALIK JEFFERSON
TEXAS
105: R4P3

RB SONY MICHEL - Saquan Barkely clone imo
GEORGIA
142: R5P3

CB IMAN MARSHALL
USC
181: R6P3

EDGE MARQUIS HAYNES - very production college career (late round steal imo)
MISSISSIPPI
222: R7P3
RT ZACHARY CRABTREE

OKLAHOMA STATE

14 hours ago, stitches said:

I think this one is one of my favorite drafts I've done. Billy Price is listed as C but he can play G too. Jack Cichy was getting a lot of hype to start the season but he got injured and his stock seems to have been hit. I don't know what Levi Wallace's stock is but it seemed kind of ridiculous that he was still there in round 6. I had to take him. 

This draft almost depends on us changing defensive scheme because both Ferrell and Chubb are probably better suited as 43 defensive ends. 

Price moved from G to C after Elfien was drafted last year by Minn 70th overall. Elfien too had moved from G to play C.   Cichy is one of my favorite day 3 ILB's. 

• Like 1

Really like this draft scenario.  Based on upcoming draft needs am hoping we can pick up the needed WR, safety along with some capable cornerbacks in FA.  Ideally would like to see us trade back and pick up extra picks.  Would like to swap with the Jets around the 10th pick if possible which obviously would allow us to gain extra picks (Rounds 2-4 based on the 900 point differential compensation from Walter's draft chart).

OT BRIAN O'NEILL - 2016 played RT and in 2017 moved to LT.  In college he ranked 2nd in pass blocking efficiency.  Zero sacks allowed in over 366 pass-blocking snaps.  2016 had a pass blocking efficiency (PBE) of 99.2%.  This allows us to move Castanzo to RT.

PITTSBURGH

G BILLY PRICE - With the concussions to Ryan Kelly it would be nice to have the option of a talented RG with the option to slide over and play center as well

OHIO STATE

DL HARRISON PHILLIPS –A stud NT that played well vs Quenton Nelson

STANFORD

RB SONY MICHEL - Equally talented RB that is versatile as a pass catching RB.  Pass blocking a minor concern.  Not a true power back. Sony does have excellent top speed and acceleration of all RB in this class.  IMO nearly identical to Saquon Barkley. 

GEORGIA

LB CAMERON SMITH - hands for interceptions and capable of making sacks

USC

EDGE MARQUIS HAYNES - very productive college career (late round steal imo)

MISSISSIPPI

LB KENNY YOUNG

UCLA

Love the idea of the below draft as well

4: R1P4

G QUENTON NELSON

NOTRE DAME

36: R2P4

OT BRIAN O’NEILL

Pitt

68: R3P4

DL HARRISON PHILLIPS

Stanford

106: R4P4

RB ROYCE FREEMAN

Oregon

143: R5P4

CB IMAN MARSHALL

USC

182: R6P4

CB LEVI WALLACE

Alabama

223: R7P4

ILB NICK DELUCA

NORTH DAKOTA STATE

On 12/21/2017 at 10:48 PM, OhioColt said:

Really like this draft scenario.  Based on upcoming draft needs am hoping we can pick up the needed WR, safety along with some capable cornerbacks in FA.  Ideally would like to see us trade back and pick up extra picks.  Would like to swap with the Jets around the 10th pick if possible which obviously would allow us to gain extra picks (Rounds 2-4 based on the 900 point differential compensation from Walter's draft chart).

OT BRIAN O'NEILL - 2016 played RT and in 2017 moved to LT.  In college he ranked 2nd in pass blocking efficiency.  Zero sacks allowed in over 366 pass-blocking snaps.  2016 had a pass blocking efficiency (PBE) of 99.2%.  This allows us to move Castanzo to RT.

PITTSBURGH

G BILLY PRICE - With the concussions to Ryan Kelly it would be nice to have the option of a talented RG with the option to slide over and play center as well

OHIO STATE

DL HARRISON PHILLIPS –A stud NT that played well vs Quenton Nelson

STANFORD

RB SONY MICHEL - Equally talented RB that is versatile as a pass catching RB.  Pass blocking a minor concern.  Not a true power back. Sony does have excellent top speed and acceleration of all RB in this class.  IMO nearly identical to Saquon Barkley. 

GEORGIA

LB CAMERON SMITH - hands for interceptions and capable of making sacks

USC

EDGE MARQUIS HAYNES - very productive college career (late round steal imo)

MISSISSIPPI

LB KENNY YOUNG

UCLA

Love the idea of the below draft as well

4: R1P4

G QUENTON NELSON

NOTRE DAME

OT BRIAN O’NEILL

Pitt

68: R3P4

DL HARRISON PHILLIPS

Stanford

RB ROYCE FREEMAN

Oregon

143: R5P4

CB IMAN MARSHALL

USC

CB LEVI WALLACE

Alabama

223: R7P4

ILB NICK DELUCA

NORTH DAKOTA STATE

I like your drafts, in general.  Beefing up the lines is a great start, but I have one problem with them.  On your 1st draft, you have O'Neill as the #3 pick overall, and in your 2nd draft, you have him available as the 4th pick of the 2nd round.  I know some players can slide up or down a bit, but not that much.  Either O'Neill is a top 5 pick or he is not.  Now, I think Nelson is a top 5 pick IMO.  And O'Neill in the 2nd would not be a bad pick (honestly haven't watched him to know).  Just wondering what your reasoning for the disparity of draft position for O'Neill.

Yes, BOTT, when the G is a transcendent talent.  I want an OL with a mean streak, the ability and want to pancake DL's on every play.  If you can put the D on their collective heels, it's a lot harder for them to stop the O.  Honestly, I'd like to trade back a little, but Fanspeak's site doesn't offer that without paying for it.

QUENTON NELSON
NOTRE DAME
EDGE SAM HUBBARD
OHIO STATE
DE CLELIN FERRELL
CLEMSON
LB JOSEY JEWELL
IOWA
RB ROYCE FREEMAN
OREGON
CHRIS HAWKINS
USC
TRAY MATTHEWS
AUBURN

33 minutes ago, indyman411 said:

Yes, BOTT, when the G is a transcendent talent.  I want an OL with a mean streak, the ability and want to pancake DL's on every play.  If you can put the D on their collective heels, it's a lot harder for them to stop the O.  Honestly, I'd like to trade back a little, but Fanspeak's site doesn't offer that without paying for it.

QUENTON NELSON
NOTRE DAME
EDGE SAM HUBBARD
OHIO STATE
DE CLELIN FERRELL
CLEMSON
LB JOSEY JEWELL
IOWA
RB ROYCE FREEMAN
OREGON
CHRIS HAWKINS
USC
TRAY MATTHEWS
AUBURN

Nelson is the best o-lineman is this draft I'm not sold on the tackles.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 12:55 PM, stitches said:

Here's a mock draft I did on fanspeak with Matt Miller's big board:

1: R1P3

EDGE BRADLEY CHUBB
NC STATE
2: R2P3

DE CLELIN FERRELL
CLEMSON
3: R3P3

C BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
4: R4P3

RB NICK CHUBB
GEORGIA
5: R5P3

LB JACK CICHY
WISCONSIN

CB LEVI WALLACE
ALABAMA

G ISAIAH WYNN
GEORGIA

I don't think we currently have the personel for 4-3 but we will see what happens after the last game.

4 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I don't think we currently have the personel for 4-3 but we will see what happens after the last game.

IMO we don't have good enough personnel for 34 in order for it to be a major consideration about whether to change scheme or not. If we can get a defensive guru for a coordinator who wants to play 43, I wouldn't think twice before I agree. We have neither the passrushers nor the inside linebackers of the future for this team yet, so the only consideration really should be about whether we can find a place for Hankins and Anderson to play in 43 scheme. Hankins has already played in 43 so I don't think that will be a problem. 

1 hour ago, indyman411 said:

QUENTON NELSON
NOTRE DAME
EDGE SAM HUBBARD
OHIO STATE
DE CLELIN FERRELL
CLEMSON
LB JOSEY JEWELL
IOWA
RB ROYCE FREEMAN
OREGON
CHRIS HAWKINS
USC
TRAY MATTHEWS
AUBURN

No worries, zero % chance Ballard take Nelson at 3

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 12:55 PM, stitches said:

Here's a mock draft I did on fanspeak with Matt Miller's big board:

EDGE BRADLEY CHUBB
NC STATE
2: R2P3

DE CLELIN FERRELL
CLEMSON

C BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
4: R4P3

RB NICK CHUBB
GEORGIA

LB JACK CICHY
WISCONSIN

CB LEVI WALLACE
ALABAMA

G ISAIAH WYNN
GEORGIA

Here's my 1st 4 picks for what its worth:

*R1P3 - RB Saquon Barkley - paired up with Mack, this duo could be very deadly. Barkley IMO will be able to run even behind a mediocre O.Line. He, Luck, and TY together would be extremely fun to watch! Maybe could be a Big3! Mack isn't a 3 down back but would be great in situational plays and could spell Barkley when needed easily.

*R2P3 - G Billy Price - He can play Guard next to Kelly who is our Center. The combo of those should make the O.Line better and protect Luck a bit better and open up holes for the RB's. That is a Guard needed right there.

*R3P3 - OLB Malik Jefferson - Potentially a Great OLB at 6'4 240 and his 40 speed is unreal. I think he will be solid! Can rush the passer and is a Good tackler.

*R4P3 - CB Levi Wallace - Some in Alabama call him their most valuable player. He once ran a 4.42 40, I love a speedy a CB who doesn't. He isn't real tall but not small either, 5'11.5 in HT, roughly 6'0.

-Honestly with the last 3 picks I would probably Draft another Pass Rusher and a couple of more O.Lineman to add depth to the O.Line. Protecting Luck and keeping guys healthy/fresh on the O.Line is critical. After Round 4 I have no idea who will even be available so I cant even project it.

55 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here's my 1st 4 picks for what its worth:

*R1P3 - RB Saquon Barkley - paired up with Mack, this duo could be very deadly. Barkley IMO will be able to run even behind a mediocre O.Line. He, Luck, and TY together would be extremely fun to watch! Maybe could be a Big3! Mack isn't a 3 down back but would be great in situational plays and could spell Barkley when needed easily.

*R2P3 - G Billy Price - He can play Guard next to Kelly who is our Center. The combo of those should make the O.Line better and protect Luck a bit better and open up holes for the RB's. That is a Guard needed right there.

*R3P3 - OLB Malik Jefferson - Potentially a Great OLB at 6'4 240 and his 40 speed is unreal. I think he will be solid! Can rush the passer and is a Good tackler.

*R4P3 - CB Levi Wallace - Some in Alabama call him their most valuable player. He once ran a 4.42 40, I love a speedy a CB who doesn't. He isn't real tall but not small either, 5'11.5 in HT, roughly 6'0.

-Honestly with the last 3 picks I would probably Draft another Pass Rusher and a couple of more O.Lineman to add depth to the O.Line. Protecting Luck and keeping guys healthy/fresh on the O.Line is critical. After Round 4 I have no idea who will even be available so I cant even project it.

Not you too.......

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Not you too.......

I don't know maybe I am sucker but I truly believe Barkley will be Great and is definitely a 3 down back. A RB of that caliber playing with Andrew Luck could dominate IMO even behind a mediocre O.Line. I would just hate to pass on Barkley and then watch him dominate elsewhere like teams passed on Elliott. Barkley IMO will be better than Fournette, he is faster. I know we need help on Defense and O.Line is which is why I hope Price is there in Round 2 for O.Line help. The 2 Defensive players I listed can be potentially Great as well. I love what I read about both. A lot of people want Chubb but I am not sure he can be the next Dwight Freeney or Robert Mathis. The Draft is a crapshoot as I have always said so what do I know haha 

-On a side note having a RB like Mack who is decent would help Barkley as well to keep him fresh and spell him at times. I think Frank is gone and Turbin is ok but I like Mack better than him actually.

We begin our story with the Colts entering the 2018 NFL draft with a healthy Andrew Luck.  He's throwing fine, and never needed secondary surgery.  This is good news for the Colts, because they don't have to consider drafting a QB with their #3 overall pick.  Thus, it surprises no one when it is announced:

--The Indianapolis Colts trade their 3rd pick in the 1st round with the Arizona Cardinals, for their 1st round pick (#9), their 5th round pick, and next year's 3rd round pick.

Quarterbacks come flying off the board, along with the top ranked positional players.  Finally, we get to the Colts pick.

--With the 9th overall pick, the Indianapolis Colts select....  Mike McGlinchey, Offensive Tackle, Notre Dame

Immediately, the Colts' message boards flood with angry comments, demanding to know why the Colts didn't pick Quentin Nelson, who is obviously a better player.  In the meantime, the entire NFL watches as Nelson tumbles down the draft board, because, regardless of his skill, he's still a Guard, and his position is not as valued.  The Colts watch until we get into the mid-20's, when it is announced from the podium:

--We have a trade.  The New Orleans Saints have traded the 27th pick to the Indianapolis Colts, for the Colts' 2nd round pick, and next year's 3rd round pick that they obtained from the Cardinals.  The Indianapolis Colts are on the clock.

The entire fan base holds their breath for two and a half minutes, and then the card goes up to the podium.

--With the 27th pick, the Indianapolis Colts select.... Quentin Nelson, Guard, Notre Dame.

So, instead of an either/or situation, the Colts go with both/and, and take both Notre Dame linemen.  The Colts GM fields questions on how the team is going to start them both, in tandem.  There's a lot of chatter with the Colts fan base for the next half hour, until:

--With the 9th pick in the 2nd round, the Indianapolis Colts use their pick obtained in the trade with the Cardinals to pick... Joshua Jackson, Cornerback, Iowa.

Although Josh Jackson is similar in build to draftnik favorite, Tarvarus McFadden, he was better at snagging interceptions in 2017.  ESPN's Todd McShay starts frothing off at the mouth on how he knew all along that the Colts had this plan in his pocket, while the Colts GM, Chris Ballard, just sits and smiles.

Day 2 at the NFL Draft.  And it's only ten minutes before we hear:

--With the 3rd pick in the 3rd round, the Indianapolis Colts select... Lorenzo Carter, Outside Linebacker, Georgia.

Now that's an interesting pick.  At 6-6, 242, he improved his game during his senior year, and put up satisfactory numbers at the combine.

The Colts fans, happy and secure that Chris Ballard is making great picks, neglect to watch the rest of the draft, and spend the rest of their weekend watching reruns of Petticoat Junction.

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

We begin our story with the Colts entering the 2018 NFL draft with a healthy Andrew Luck.  He's throwing fine, and never needed secondary surgery.  This is good news for the Colts, because they don't have to consider drafting a QB with their #3 overall pick.  Thus, it surprises no one when it is announced:

--The Indianapolis Colts trade their 3rd pick in the 1st round with the Arizona Cardinals, for their 1st round pick (#9), their 5th round pick, and next year's 3rd round pick.

Quarterbacks come flying off the board, along with the top ranked positional players.  Finally, we get to the Colts pick.

--With the 9th overall pick, the Indianapolis Colts select....  Mike McGlinchey, Offensive Tackle, Notre Dame

Immediately, the Colts' message boards flood with angry comments, demanding to know why the Colts didn't pick Quentin Nelson, who is obviously a better player.  In the meantime, the entire NFL watches as Nelson tumbles down the draft board, because, regardless of his skill, he's still a Guard, and his position is not as valued.  The Colts watch until we get into the mid-20's, when it is announced from the podium:

--We have a trade.  The New Orleans Saints have traded the 27th pick to the Indianapolis Colts, for the Colts' 2nd round pick, and next year's 3rd round pick that they obtained from the Cardinals.  The Indianapolis Colts are on the clock.

The entire fan base holds their breath for two and a half minutes, and then the card goes up to the podium.

--With the 27th pick, the Indianapolis Colts select.... Quentin Nelson, Guard, Notre Dame.

So, instead of an either/or situation, the Colts go with both/and, and take both Notre Dame linemen.  The Colts GM fields questions on how the team is going to start them both, in tandem.  There's a lot of chatter with the Colts fan base for the next half hour, until:

--With the 9th pick in the 2nd round, the Indianapolis Colts use their pick obtained in the trade with the Cardinals to pick... Joshua Jackson, Cornerback, Iowa.

Although Josh Jackson is similar in build to draftnik favorite, Tarvarus McFadden, he was better at snagging interceptions in 2017.  ESPN's Todd McShay starts frothing off at the mouth on how he knew all along that the Colts had this plan in his pocket, while the Colts GM, Chris Ballard, just sits and smiles.

Day 2 at the NFL Draft.  And it's only ten minutes before we hear:

--With the 3rd pick in the 3rd round, the Indianapolis Colts select... Lorenzo Carter, Outside Linebacker, Georgia.

Now that's an interesting pick.  At 6-6, 242, he improved his game during his senior year, and put up satisfactory numbers at the combine.

The Colts fans, happy and secure that Chris Ballard is making great picks, neglect to watch the rest of the draft, and spend the rest of their weekend watching reruns of Petticoat Junction.

Your other post was quite good, first post or not,  it was very good.

But this one?    Not so much..

First, to trade diwn from 3 to 9 and only get a 5 this year and and 3 in 19 is penny's on the dollar.    Not nearly enough.   We'd never ever do that deal.

Second....   Quentin Nelson is not fallling to the 27th pick of the first round.   He's the best guard prospect in some time.    The question is...    will he fall out of the top-10?    The answer is maybe.     But even if he slips a little he should still hear his name between 10-20.    He's not lasting to pick 27.   That's just way too far.

Third...    Unless he tests badly, Jackson is not lasting to the 9th pick of the 2nd round.    Right now he's a 1st round projection unless he tests badly. He'd have to have a bad testing season from Jan-March to fall this far.    Possible but not likely. 

Also...    you have the Colts trading UP from top of the 2nd to the late 1st and yet you then still have the Colts with a 2nd R pick that I presume we acquire when we trade back in the first, but you don't list it as part of the trade.   Speculation on my part, but that's what you appear to have done.

Finally...    the Carter pick at the top of the 3rd doesn't seem unreasonable...   at least, not yet...   still too early to know...

I like your outside the box thinking,  but for right now the names don't really match up with where you have them being drafted.   

Oh...   and a belated welcome to the website...    hope you enjoy it as much as we do...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Your other post was quite good, first post or not,  it was very good.

But this one?    Not so much..

First, to trade diwn from 3 to 9 and only get a 5 this year and and 3 in 19 is penny's on the dollar.    Not nearly enough.   We'd never ever do that deal.

Second....   Quentin Nelson is not fallling to the 27th pick of the first round.   He's the best guard prospect in some time.    The question is...    will he fall out of the top-10?    The answer is maybe.     But even if he slips a little he should still hear his name between 10-20.    He's not lasting to pick 27.   That's just way too far.

Third...    Unless he tests badly, Jackson is not lasting to the 9th pick of the 2nd round.    Right now he's a 1st round projection unless he tests badly. He'd have to have a bad testing season from Jan-March to fall this far.    Possible but not likely. 

Also...    you have the Colts trading UP from top of the 2nd to the late 1st and yet you then still have the Colts with a 2nd R pick that I presume we acquire when we trade back in the first, but you don't list it as part of the trade.   Speculation on my part, but that's what you appear to have done.

Finally...    the Carter pick at the top of the 3rd doesn't seem unreasonable...   at least, not yet...   still too early to know...

I like your outside the box thinking,  but for right now the names don't really match up with where you have them being drafted.   

Oh...   and a belated welcome to the website...    hope you enjoy it as much as we do...

Thanks for the welcome, NewColtsFan!

And you're absolutely right.  I did leave out a very necessary portion of the first trade.  In order for the trade to match up to the approx 800 points variance on the trade chart, the Cardinals would need to give us their 2nd, their 5th, and next year's 3rd (along with swapping 1st picks).  I left out the 2nd in my post.  And that's the pick that I wind up using in the trade back into the 1st round (along with the 2018 3rd).

I also agree with you that Nelson is a top 10 pick that's going to fall out of the top 10, but probably not any further than 20.  And the Colts just don't have enough to trade up to 20.  However, if for some crazy reason he falls further, then the Colts had better get a trade package together, and find someone willing to trade out of the 1st round.  I just wanted to demonstrate that a both/and scenario with the two Notre Dame linemen was plausible.  Not likely, but plausible.  A whole lot of dominoes would have to fall our way in order for it to happen!

As for the other players in my draft, I used a combination of the drafttek top 100 list and the walterfootball player summaries for those.  I know neither one of those sites are fully accurate at this time.  I, myself, am nowhere close to completing my player analysis, nor ready to assemble my draft board.  (Yes, I do watch the televised portions of the combine!)  But I used the best players I could find that fit both the relative positioning and descriptions that those two sites provided.

Thanks again for your welcome!

• Like 1

Updated weekly 2018 Mock:

1. Saquon Barkley, RB Penn State- The option at number 3 overall is Barkley or trade down and take Nelson. If no one calls for a trade you take Barkley. He will instantly energize the offense and form a deadly tandem with Luck

2. Tremaine Edmunds, ILB VT- The solution to our poor ILB play? Here it is. Listed at 6’5” 250 lbs (probably exaggerated), Edmunds is freakishly explosive and athletic. 2nd team All-American by the AP. Kiper and McShay love him. Not sure why he’s flown under the radar.

3. Will Hernandez, OG UTEP- Shorter at 6’3” but he’s powerful and nasty. Can start day 1 at LG. Mauler in the run game. Good in pass protection too.

4. Uchenna Nwosu, OLB USC- An underrated pass rusher who has really good production at USC. With time I think he can be good.

5. Matthew Thomas, ILB FSU- A super athletic linebacker who is falling because of concerns about his awareness. I think he’s coachable. Will have to play STs early on and work on his game before he sees significant defensive snaps.

6. K.C. McDermott, OT/G Miami- Think of Zach Banner here. McDermott has the size that Ballard likes and position flexibility. He adds his name to the mix for the starting RT spot while providing depth.

7. Jake Wieneke, WR San Diego State- A big body possession receiver who I think can replace Moncrief. I think he’s a Cooper Kupp or Jarvis Landry type. He beats you inside with quickness and moves the chains.

Assuming we get a guard from FA, I think this maximizes value. I’ve heard some have Edmunds as a 1st rounder. Hernandez is arguably the 2nd best guard prospect. Nwosu is underrated. Look for him to impress in the Senior Bowl.

• Like 3

On 12/23/2017 at 8:01 AM, indyman411 said:

I like your drafts, in general.  Beefing up the lines is a great start, but I have one problem with them.  On your 1st draft, you have O'Neill as the #3 pick overall, and in your 2nd draft, you have him available as the 4th pick of the 2nd round.  I know some players can slide up or down a bit, but not that much.  Either O'Neill is a top 5 pick or he is not.  Now, I think Nelson is a top 5 pick IMO.  And O'Neill in the 2nd would not be a bad pick (honestly haven't watched him to know).  Just wondering what your reasoning for the disparity of draft position for O'Neill.

I used 2 different databases...Maycocks and Fans is why the difference between the two.  O’Neill if remember correctly just recently announced his intentions to forego his senior year and now have him rated as the top OT.  From what I found online O’Neill’s stats have him as graded excellent in both pass/run blocking 96% if I remember correctly so expect him to rise up the draft boards quickly.

Merry Christmas 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2017 at 4:39 AM, Defjamz26 said:

Updated weekly 2018 Mock:

1. Saquon Barkley, RB Penn State- The option at number 3 overall is Barkley or trade down and take Nelson. If no one calls for a trade you take Barkley. He will instantly energize the offense and form a deadly tandem with Luck

2. Tremaine Edmunds, ILB VT- The solution to our poor ILB play? Here it is. Listed at 6’5” 250 lbs (probably exaggerated), Edmunds is freakishly explosive and athletic. 2nd team All-American by the AP. Kiper and McShay love him. Not sure why he’s flown under the radar.

3. Will Hernandez, OG UTEP- Shorter at 6’3” but he’s powerful and nasty. Can start day 1 at LG. Mauler in the run game. Good in pass protection too.

4. Uchenna Nwosu, OLB USC- An underrated pass rusher who has really good production at USC. With time I think he can be good.

5. Matthew Thomas, ILB FSU- A super athletic linebacker who is falling because of concerns about his awareness. I think he’s coachable. Will have to play STs early on and work on his game before he sees significant defensive snaps.

6. K.C. McDermott, OT/G Miami- Think of Zach Banner here. McDermott has the size that Ballard likes and position flexibility. He adds his name to the mix for the starting RT spot while providing depth.

7. Jake Wieneke, WR San Diego State- A big body possession receiver who I think can replace Moncrief. I think he’s a Cooper Kupp or Jarvis Landry type. He beats you inside with quickness and moves the chains.

Assuming we get a guard from FA, I think this maximizes value. I’ve heard some have Edmunds as a 1st rounder. Hernandez is arguably the 2nd best guard prospect. Nwosu is underrated. Look for him to impress in the Senior Bowl.

As much as I don't want Barkley at 3, I think he will be awesome combination with Luck and one of the most exciting new additions to the team since... we drafted Luck and Hilton.

Not a lot of people talk about Edmunds. I personally love him and he's no. 3 ILB after Roquan Smith and Rashaan Evans. I think he can be great and versatile linebacker. I love Willy Henandez too, he's in my top ...3 guards in the draft... 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, stitches said:

As much as I don't want Barkley at 3, I think he will be awesome combination with Luck and one of the most exciting new additions to the team since... we drafted Luck and Hilton.

Not a lot of people talk about Edmunds. I personally love him and he's no. 3 ILB after Roquan Smith and Rashaan Evans. I think he can be great and versatile linebacker. I love Willy Henandez too, he's in my top ...3 guards in the draft... 

Yeah Kiper has Edmunds in the top 20 on his big board, but I feel that’s a little high. But I feel as if there are 3 sideline to sideline LBs in this draft: Smith, Evans, and Edmunds. There are some other athletic guys who can cover but those are 3 guys who have that lateral speed. 

10 hours ago, stitches said:

I actually wouldn't be too upset if we had our first 3 rounds of picks look like this...

1 - Saquon Barkley

2 - Rashaan Evans

3 - Braden Smith 

We would of course have to make some big free agent signings at OL for me to want to go this route though. 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2017 at 8:01 AM, indyman411 said:

Attached Scout.com evaluations to compare OTs.  If Connor Williams is expected to go in Round 1 can see O’Neill ligitmatley going late Round 1 to early Round 2.

CEEBA797-DEF3-4CC6-90C8-DCE7C94F6CF4.png

FB40E59A-D157-4D58-8427-D907170A8E58.png

Here's my early January mock on fanspeak's platform, using Matt Miller's board:

S MINKAH FITZPATRICK
ALABAMA
2: R2P4

OT ORLANDO BROWN
OKLAHOMA
EDGE OGBONNIA OKORONKWO
OKLAHOMA
4: R4P4

RB NICK CHUBB
GEORGIA

LB JACK CICHY
WISCONSIN
6: R6P4

LB SKAI MOORE JR.
SOUTH CAROLINA

FB JAYLEN SAMUELS
NC STATE

Some comments:

1. Minkah Fitzpatrick to me is a clearcut top 5 player in this draft. He's listed at S on Matt Miller's board but I'm drafting him to play CB for the Colts. I think he has the potential to be a perennial all-pro CB.

2. Orlando Brown - I really like him as a RT. He played really well against the very good Georgia front 7. That was a 340 pound O-lineman with the mobility to pull and swallow linebackers in the run game and good enough feet to pass protect. I think he would solve our RT needs for the foreseeable future. 

3. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo - he's kind of small and I'm surprised he lasted to pick 67, but I think he can be a Yannick Ngakoue type of pass-rusher. 

4. Nick Chubb - again - surprising he lasted this long, but I will take him and pair him with Mack to be our one-two punch in the running game. He will be the power back with vision and good balance. Someone compared him to Kareem Hunt here and I don't think it's a bad comparison - they both run with very very good balance and are physical runners. Chubb is even bigger than Hunt though(225 vs 215 lbs). 

5. Jack Cichy - the Wisconsin linebacker had hype as one of the better LBs this year but suffered a season ending injury and it seems to have dropped his stock quite a bit. I would take a flyer on him in the 5th.

6. Skai Moore - a bit slight in build but one of the best coverage LBs in the draft(he has double digit interceptions in his career from the LB slot - insane!). We might need to bulk him up a bit to be able to be a factor in the run game, but he has good fundamentals there too.

7. Jaylen Samuels - he's listed as a FB, but he's a bit of a hybrid between RB, FB and TE... he will be a moveable piece and a weapon to be used situationally by our new inventive offensive coordinator(whoever that is).

• Like 3

7 hours ago, stitches said:

Here's my early January mock on fanspeak's platform, using Matt Miller's board:

S MINKAH FITZPATRICK
ALABAMA
2: R2P4

OT ORLANDO BROWN
OKLAHOMA
EDGE OGBONNIA OKORONKWO
OKLAHOMA
4: R4P4

RB NICK CHUBB
GEORGIA

LB JACK CICHY
WISCONSIN
6: R6P4

LB SKAI MOORE JR.
SOUTH CAROLINA

FB JAYLEN SAMUELS
NC STATE

Some comments:

1. Minkah Fitzpatrick to me is a clearcut top 5 player in this draft. He's listed at S on Matt Miller's board but I'm drafting him to play CB for the Colts. I think he has the potential to be a perennial all-pro CB.

2. Orlando Brown - I really like him as a RT. He played really well against the very good Georgia front 7. That was a 340 pound O-lineman with the mobility to pull and swallow linebackers in the run game and good enough feet to pass protect. I think he would solve our RT needs for the foreseeable future. 

3. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo - he's kind of small and I'm surprised he lasted to pick 67, but I think he can be a Yannick Ngakoue type of pass-rusher. 

4. Nick Chubb - again - surprising he lasted this long, but I will take him and pair him with Mack to be our one-two punch in the running game. He will be the power back with vision and good balance. Someone compared him to Kareem Hunt here and I don't think it's a bad comparison - they both run with very very good balance and are physical runners. Chubb is even bigger than Hunt though(225 vs 215 lbs). 

5. Jack Cichy - the Wisconsin linebacker had hype as one of the better LBs this year but suffered a season ending injury and it seems to have dropped his stock quite a bit. I would take a flyer on him in the 5th.

6. Skai Moore - a bit slight in build but one of the best coverage LBs in the draft(he has double digit interceptions in his career from the LB slot - insane!). We might need to bulk him up a bit to be able to be a factor in the run game, but he has good fundamentals there too.

7. Jaylen Samuels - he's listed as a FB, but he's a bit of a hybrid between RB, FB and TE... he will be a moveable piece and a weapon to be used situationally by our new inventive offensive coordinator(whoever that is).

i hope the first four go that way!  that would be a dream draft.

Here would be my "dream, yet possibly realistic draft" I would love for the Colts...

Trades - Indy trades 3rd overall to New York Jets for 6th, and two 2nds.

- Indy trades their original 2nd, and the Jet's early 2nd round pick for the 18th overall and 4th round picks. (This trade matches up evenly on the trade value chart for the most part, and would give the Colts the best ILB they've had in years.)

Round 1 Pick 6 (NYJ): Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/FS, Alabama 
Round 1 Pick 18 (SEA): Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia 
Round 2 Pick 18 (NYJ): Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso 
Round 3 Pick 3: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, OLB, Oklahoma 
Round 4 Pick 3: Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State 
Round 4 Pick 18 (SEA): Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon 
Round 5 Pick 3: Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise State
Round 6 Pick 3: D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland 
Round 7 Pick 3: Kentavius Street, DT, North Carolina State 

With this draft, Indy would be beastly in the secondary with a legit shutdown CB in Fitzpatrick to pair with either Wilson or Melvin as the #2. So basically we'd be 4 CBs deep with quality players from Fitzpatrick, Wilson, Melvin, and Hairston. Pair that with Hooker and Geathers/Farley at safety and you have possibly another legion of boom secondary to build upon. 

Indy also would have drastically improved the LB core with adding leader and playmaker Roquan Smith, along with underrated pass rusher Okoronkwo from Oklahoma. Overall, the defense looks legit now with a potentially elite secondary, and better than average players in the front 7. I would also have Indy signing DT Timmy Jernigan in free agency to bolster the DL.

On offense, Indy gets better on the OL by adding stud OG Hernandez to man the RG position. I have Indy signing LG Andrew Norwell in this scenario. So the only question mark now is RT, and Crosby/Good/Haeg can battle for that spot. 

RB gets better by adding a more physical runner in Penny who can also breakaway for big runs. Him and Mack would be a great pairing for the future. I wouldn't rule out 1 more season of Gore either. 

WR also gets help by adding young depth players who could surprise in Wilson and Moore. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Here would be my "dream, yet possibly realistic draft" I would love for the Colts...

Trades - Indy trades 3rd overall to New York Jets for 6th, and two 2nds.

- Indy trades their original 2nd, and the Jet's early 2nd round pick for the 18th overall and 4th round picks. (This trade matches up evenly on the trade value chart for the most part, and would give the Colts the best ILB they've had in years.)

Round 1 Pick 6 (NYJ): Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/FS, Alabama 
Round 1 Pick 18 (SEA): Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia 
Round 2 Pick 18 (NYJ): Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso 
Round 3 Pick 3: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, OLB, Oklahoma 
Round 4 Pick 3: Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State 
Round 4 Pick 18 (SEA): Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon 
Round 5 Pick 3: Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise State
Round 6 Pick 3: D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland 
Round 7 Pick 3: Kentavius Street, DT, North Carolina State 

With this draft, Indy would be beastly in the secondary with a legit shutdown CB in Fitzpatrick to pair with either Wilson or Melvin as the #2. So basically we'd be 4 CBs deep with quality players from Fitzpatrick, Wilson, Melvin, and Hairston. Pair that with Hooker and Geathers/Farley at safety and you have possibly another legion of boom secondary to build upon. 

Indy also would have drastically improved the LB core with adding leader and playmaker Roquan Smith, along with underrated pass rusher Okoronkwo from Oklahoma. Overall, the defense looks legit now with a potentially elite secondary, and better than average players in the front 7. I would also have Indy signing DT Timmy Jernigan in free agency to bolster the DL.

On offense, Indy gets better on the OL by adding stud OG Hernandez to man the RG position. I have Indy signing LG Andrew Norwell in this scenario. So the only question mark now is RT, and Crosby/Good/Haeg can battle for that spot. 

RB gets better by adding a more physical runner in Penny who can also breakaway for big runs. Him and Mack would be a great pairing for the future. I wouldn't rule out 1 more season of Gore either. 

WR also gets help by adding young depth players who could surprise in Wilson and Moore. 

I like your mock for most picks. Just a small comment - Haven't seen DJ Moore being discussed a lot. From what I'm hearing from several podcasts - it's very likely he gets picked on day 2 of the draft. Very strong hands at the catch point and very good routes. 

In rounds 2,4, and 6 we are not picking in the 3rd pick of that round we are picking the 4th pick of that round.  The Texans or whoever has their pick will be picking in the 3rd pick of that round.

Because we matched records but had a lower SOS, we get the higher pick in the first.  But after the first round we flip flop with them.  

That along with not having the #2 pick is the cost of beating them in Week 17.  

QUENTON NELSON
NOTRE DAME
EDGE SAM HUBBARD
OHIO STATE
DE CLELIN FERRELL
CLEMSON
LB JOSEY JEWELL
IOWA
RB ROYCE FREEMAN
OREGON
CHRIS HAWKINS
USC
TRAY MATTHEWS
AUBURN

So, I was having a little fun again today on Fanspeak's site and came up with this draft.  Now, I would have rather traded back in the 1st round, possibly the 2nd as well given the options available at the time.  In the 1st round, both Darnold and Rosen were available, so I definitely would have traded back to get more picks, but FS doesn't allow that.  So rip away.

EDGE BRADLEY CHUBB - got him for obvious reasons
NC STATE
EDGE ARDEN KEY - couldn't believe he was still available, the chance to have pass rushers from both sides was too tempting.  Think Freeney/Mathis 2.0
LSU
LB JEROME BAKER - athletic LB, good value
OHIO STATE
TE TROY FUMAGALLI - has the best hands of any TE I watched this season
WISCONSIN
RB ROYCE FREEMAN - power and speed to pair w/ Mack
OREGON
CB RASHARD FANT - loved his ball-hawking skills at IU
INDIANA
ISAIAH WYNN - need someone to backup the G's I see us picking up in FA
GEORGIA
  • Like 1

Trade down one spot with the browns and get s second and six round. Then again with the jets at six for their second and filth round picks. 

Rd1pk#6  Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/S, Alabama

Rd2 pk# 36 Orlando brown tackle

Rd2 pk #37 billy price gaurd ohio State

Rd2 pick#39 Josh Allen ilb Kentucky 

Rd3 pick#106 harold Landry olb Boston college 

Rd#4 bpa running back

Rd#5 bpa 

So on and so on 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coltivated said:

Trade down one spot with the browns and get s second and six round. Then again with the jets at six for their second and filth round picks. 

Rd1pk#6  Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/S, Alabama

Rd2 pk# 36 Orlando brown tackle

Rd2 pk #37 billy price gaurd ohio State

Rd2 pick#39 Josh Allen ilb Kentucky 

Rd3 pick#106 harold Landry olb Boston college 

Rd#4 bpa running back

Rd#5 bpa 

So on and so on 

That's not realistic. Whoever the Browns want will still be there anyways.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't know why people are mocking Arden Key in the second round.   Key is going to rise pretty high and that will be especially true after testing.   I don't see him being drafted less than where Leonard Floyd went.

Completely agree.  He will go more than likely in the top 15.  2nd best Rush OLB and unless he bombs the interview teams will want him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Completely agree.  He will go more than likely in the top 15.  2nd best Rush OLB and unless he bombs the interview teams will want him.

It's just a bunch of Barkevious Mingo bias.  That's all it is