Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why So Much Hate Towards Luck?

Dark Superman

I've seen the media take shots quite a bit here and there at Indianapolis/Indiana. However, outside of Skip Bayless (who is just a personality on TV anyway that has a scripted "hate" for Luck), I honestly haven't seen anyone trash Andrew Luck. If anything, the media has echoed the fans in its call for management to put a better OL and defense in place to help Luck and has acknowledged how incredible his accomplishments have been on a team completely devoid of big-time talent outside of a few guys.

I really don't see many people dislike Luck.  Most people are just butt-hurt or dislike the Colts in general.  Heck even CC who couldn't seem to stand the Colts during the Manning years, seems to have swayed his opinion of the Colts during the Luck era.  They got to put a team around Luck, he hasn't had the leisure of a top OL, dominant RB, and two dominant WRs, nor will he ever have anything compared to Wayne, Marvin, Edge, and the OL of old, most likely  :dunno:.  

Heck, Luck wouldn't even need all those tools.  I'd rather see a top 15 defense than all these pretty weapons on the O side of the ball.  The guy is an absolute monster and can extend plays with the best of them, unfortunately it gets him killed sometimes. 

18 hours ago, aaron11 said:

any colts article on espn or nfl.com has a bunch of comments by haters still salty over deflate gate

luck could save children from a burning school bus and people would still show up to make troll comments

Yes, there is still considerable hostility over that AFC Championship game & even some NFL commentators still hold grudges over that. 

Uh huh. Luck could save kittens in a tall tree, nuns on a plane, & cure cancer in 1 day & some fans would go "That darn Colt organization tarnished Tommy's reputation. Curse INDY forever!"  

Life goes on & neither I nor Luck lose any sleep over it. 

You are correct with your initial rant. I think the 2017 Colts will be a team that nobody wants to play by mid-season. That front 7 will be a bear to run against. The backend will be better than some think. We know that with a healthy Andrew and just a little more time (which I think he'll get) will devour good defenses with his receivers. I'll give Andrew all the credit he richly deserves and even say that if this team were to get hot at year's end, anything is possible.  Wouldn't it be odd if the running game would improve as well?

20 hours ago, aaron11 said:

any colts article on espn or nfl.com has a bunch of comments by haters still salty over deflate gate

luck could save children from a burning school bus and people would still show up to make troll comments

It's because anyone with an IQ below 130 (which mine is higher, I have had it tested and 130 is high) thinks Cheating is ok and blames the Colts for DeFlateGate. Pretty dumb if you ask me. The Pats did technically cheat, all we did was report it. To most people today cheating is ok unfortunately and the integrity of the game doesn't matter to most people anymore either. DeFlateGate gets laughed off because the Pats had the better team but what people don't realize with a low IQ is, they still cheated, so that isn't even the freakin point.  SMDH

20 hours ago, aaron11 said:

it sounds easy, but the comment sections were the only reason i even went to those sites

You are a glutton for punishment then my friend, lol... the comments section of basically any ESPN or NFL.com article is a wasteland that should be avoided at all costs. 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's because anyone with an IQ below 130 (which mine is higher, I have had it tested and 130 is high) thinks Cheating is ok and blames the Colts for DeFlateGate. Pretty dumb if you ask me. The Pats did technically cheat, all we did was report it. To most people today cheating is ok unfortunately and the integrity of the game doesn't matter to most people anymore either. DeFlateGate gets laughed off because the Pats had the better team but what people don't realize with a low IQ is, they still cheated, so that isn't even the freakin point.  SMDH

All respect in the world, but I don't think this has anything to do with people's IQs. There are MIT professors who think that Deflategate was garbage, I'm pretty sure they're smart people. :thmup:

To flip the script, I wouldn't question someone's intelligence if they took the same set of facts and circumstances and reached a different conclusion on the matter. It's not a math problem where there's one right answer. There are variables and much of it is subject to interpretation. If you think a couple of pounds of air pressure determined the outcomes of games who am I to argue with you? I'm just another fan of another team, I'm not a player or coach or a league official. But I have my own opinion on that, obviously. 

Don't forget, the league supposedly did this big study in 2016 where they were going to randomly measure the air pressure in footballs during halftime of various games. They didn't share any results with the public. Why is that? Because you'd think that if the results helped their case, they would.

19 minutes ago, GoPats said:

All respect in the world, but I don't think this has anything to do with people's IQs. There are MIT professors who think that Deflategate was garbage, I'm pretty sure they're smart people. :thmup:

To flip the script, I wouldn't question someone's intelligence if they took the same set of facts and circumstances and reached a different conclusion on the matter. It's not a math problem where there's one right answer. There are variables and much of it is subject to interpretation. If you think a couple of pounds of air pressure determined the outcomes of games who am I to argue with you? I'm just another fan of another team, I'm not a player or coach or a league official. But I have my own opinion on that, obviously. 

Don't forget, the league supposedly did this big study in 2016 where they were going to randomly measure the air pressure in footballs during halftime of various games. They didn't share any results with the public. Why is that? Because you'd think that if the results helped their case, they would.

Opinion accepted, I knew you would respond to that Post. Most Pats fans would. It is just frustrating since that has happened a lot of people look at us as the villains. All we did was simply report something. Most Pats fans and media should be more upset with Goodell than any other team or person. He is the one that took that to new levels.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Opinion accepted, I knew you would respond to that Post. Most Pats fans would. It is just frustrating since that has happened a lot of people look at us as the villains. All we did was simply report something. Most Pats fans and media should be more upset with Goodell than any other team or person. He is the one that took that to new levels.

I don't look at your as the "villains" and I hope you don't look at me that way either, lol... 

It's football, I'm a fan, I love watching... but ultimately it doesn't define me as a person. I get a lot of enjoyment out of it but I try to keep in mind that, at the end of the day, it's just a game. 

I think Goodell took it way too far, and I think Mike Kensil used his power/influence nefariously. He had a personal grudge and overstepped his boundaries. (Talking about the "you're in big (bleep) trouble" comment during that AFCCG halftime.) 

4 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I don't look at your as the "villains" and I hope you don't look at me that way either, lol... 

It's football, I'm a fan, I love watching... but ultimately it doesn't define me as a person. I get a lot of enjoyment out of it but I try to keep in mind that, at the end of the day, it's just a game. 

I think Goodell took it way too far, and I think Mike Kensil used his power/influence nefariously. He had a personal grudge and overstepped his boundaries. (Talking about the "you're in big (bleep) trouble" comment during that AFCCG halftime.) 

I don't look at the fan's as villains (fans are fans..), but I do look at the Patriots as cheaters and that has all of the implied charm.

22 minutes ago, GoPats said:

It just seems like most of the media does though. We can go back and forth whether or not if the Pats cheated. Of course you are going to stick up for your team since there was some evidence provided that they may not have. I don't blame you at all. I think they cheated based on what I have studied and read, Pats were still the better team so I we wont dispute that. By the way I actually like Pats fans being in here, I may be in the minority but it brings different perspectives on things. I even miss AM lmao. She was something else.

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

I don't look at the fan's as villains (fans are fans..), but I do look at the Patriots as cheaters and that has all of the implied charm.

At this point it's not likely that anything I could say would change or alter your opinion in any way, so that's all well and good. I get where it comes from and can't say I would feel any differently if the Patriots swapped places with any other NFL team. 

Good to know you don't hold us (the fans) responsible, though, lol... I've been watching this team for a long time, and there were some bad (VERY bad) years... 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It just seems like most of the media does though. We can go back and forth whether or not if the Pats cheated. Of course you are going to stick up for your team since there was some evidence provided that they may not have. I don't blame you at all. I think they cheated based on what I have studied and read, Pats were still the better team so I we wont dispute that. By the way I actually like Pats fans being in here, I may be in the minority but it brings different perspectives on things. I even miss AM lmao. She was something else.

I don't know if it's a question of whether or not they violated rules (it almost doesn't matter) as much as how much it actually could have helped them. Like I said before, if the Patriots got "caught" in 2007 or 2014 and we immediately saw a different product on the field, then it would be hard to objectively say that it didn't matter much. But in 2007 you had "Spygate" and they nearly went 19-0. In 2014 you had "Deflategate" and they won two Super Bowls in the next three years. So each time these "advantages" have been taken away, we've seen the same, or even a better, Patriots team take the field. 

What I'm trying to say is that I just don't think anything they've been accused of adds up to much. And I don't think it would be regarded as such a big deal if it was another team. There's a lot of evidence to support that. The same year as "Deflategate" this happened: Panthers and Vikings busted for warming footballs on the sidelines... and no one cared. At all. 

Or Spygate, do you realize the Jets got busted doing the same thing a year earlier? Or that a lot of longtime guys, such as the Colts' own Howard Mudd, were famous around the league for their ability to "steal" signs? 

I'm just saying, it seems like a lot of things that are a HUGE deal with the Patriots are not such a big deal when it's another team that's involved. 

On 7/31/2017 at 8:16 AM, aaron11 said:

Im a Colts fans and I'm salty over deflate gate. 

On 7/31/2017 at 10:05 AM, Valpo2004 said:

First let me say I didn't read your whole rant.  

But basically Luck's problem is expectations.  The media hype on him when he was drafted was sky high.  It was so high that basically unless Luck threw every pass for a 90 yard touchdown and won every game he was never going to be able to live up to those expectations.  

It's Luck's own fault. He had no business throwing an 80 yard TD on his first play from scrimmage in his first NFL preseason game. LOL!

On 7/29/2017 at 11:02 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

With Andrew Luck, the hype was he was the best QB prospect since John Elway, and that hasn't been the case at all.

I disagree. Before Luck was hurt a couple years ago, he was on a better pace than Peyton was after their first 3 years. It's only because of injury that he has been held back. I still think Luck has more upside than Manning did, which could be scary for the rest of the league.