Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard

TKnight24

55 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

who's Farley?

He's an UDFA played college ball right there in Indiana at South Bend. He's 5'11 205lbs we grabbed him from Arizona. He had  a solid preseason last year but didn't make their final 53. We snagged him. He's had a great summer so far. 

21 hours ago, akcolt said:

He's an UDFA played college ball right there in Indiana at South Bend. He's 5'11 205lbs we grabbed him from Arizona. He had  a solid preseason last year but didn't make their final 53. We snagged him. He's had a great summer so far. 

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2017 at 1:56 PM, RobbieHerrick said:

Sometimes you just need blind faith that the new guy will get us competitive....

By this time next year, we'll have a better idea of how our new GM is doing, but I think it's safe to say that Ballard has done a good job in his first off-season.  Now it's up to Chuck and the coaching staff.

On 7/9/2017 at 1:58 PM, Majin Vegeta said:

The secondary is going to be eons better than it was last year. 

It will take a little time, especially since Hooker and Geathers both just had surgery, but Hooker, Geathers, Davis, Wilson, and Butler should be a good starting secondary.  And our "depth" players are getting experience now while the starters recover from surgery.  If Ballard does this again next off-season, we will be in pretty good shape all over the roster, but especially in the secondary.  He drafted DBs with the first two picks.  Give Ballard a few more off-seasons and we might have the best secondary on one of the best defenses, if not the best in the league.

Overall, I'd give Ballard at least a B+ or A- for his rookie off-season.  He signed decent FAs to smart deals.  He managed to get 8 picks in the first 5 rounds of the draft, and then drafted:  DB, DB, Edge Rusher, OL, RB, DL, DB, LB in that order.  I'll be happy if he does this again next year.

:clover:

On 7/9/2017 at 11:58 AM, Majin Vegeta said:

The secondary is going to be eons better than it was last year. 

If we're healthy... that's been a problem for the secondary, along with lack of talent since Pagano has arrived.

This year, it seems like we've got by far the most talented secondary, but we've got 2 of our projected starters on the sidelines and could be in trouble if injuries occur.

Among Davis, Butler, Geathers, Hooker, Butler, Wilson and Green the athleticism and raw talent is the best we've had in a very long time.  If 2-3 of those guys are sidelined though, and if Green doesn't make major developments, I'm not too excited about seeing a lot of Melvin, Milton, Farley, Blackmon, Mitchel, Hightower and Morris anywhere but on STs.

I also have my fingers crossed on Hairston, I think he's gonna be a solid CB for us.