Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draft Coverage - NFL Network or ESPN?

Do you prefer one over the other?  Do you flip back and forth?  One thing I noticed last night, and it seems to happen to us a lot...the pick before us gets lots of coverage while we're on the clock.  I realize it was the Eagles last night and I wasn't surprised they got more air time.  But, our pick was in and the NFL Network goes to a commercial break, so I switch to ESPN and they did the same.

I noticed how quickly our pick came in, so I knew Ballard wanted someone badly who was available.  But, we had to wait, and then when the pick was announced, they mentioned it for about a minute on NFL and went to ANOTHER COMMERCIAL BREAK!!  I switch to ESPN and hear Gruden slamming our pick, go back to NFL Network hoping for more talk about Hooker, but they've already moved on.

Seems this happens often with the coverage of our picks...less time spent talking about the Colts pick than other teams.  Maybe I'm biased, but I felt like we got short changed last night.

8 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

NFL Network, by a long shot

Preach OPC! Preach...Mike Mayock is so good at knowing which guys franchises are gonna write down on their card. It's like he's clairvoyant or something. 

Steve Smith Sr. did a nice job on predicting picks last night too. 

22 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

I switch to ESPN and hear Gruden slamming our pick, go back to NFL Network hoping for more talk about Hooker, but they've already moved on.

Seems this happens often with the coverage of our picks...less time spent talking about the Colts pick than other teams.  Maybe I'm biased, but I felt like we got short changed last night

Yeah, INDY gets bumped in favor of other teams, GMs, & coaching staffs when it comes to breaking down our picks. I'm so used to it now that it doesn't even phase me anymore. 

13 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Preach OPC! Preach...Mike Mayock is so good at knowing which guys franchises are gonna write down on their card. It's like he's clairvoyant or something. 

I actually really like Steve Smith.  i don't mean this to come across wrong, but when he first started, he was a little hard to understand, but he's gotten better since then (maybe because I've heard him enough over time, like someone with a heavy accent).  But I have always thought he generally makes really good points.

32 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

1. Mayock is my dude. I always love listening to him talk about the prospects.

2. Steve Smith was saying when the Steelers were up that they needed CB help REALLY bad. I was really hoping he would add in "I know because I've burnt them year after year".

41 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I was watching ESPN, would not recommend. Didn't realize it was on the Network.

Trey Wingo, usually likeable, seemed to be forcing it. And Gruden seemed kind of weird most of the night. Not just during our pick, but sometimes he just seemed annoyed.

They were all probably wondering if they still had a job once the draft is over.  NFL Network for me

I Think I'm going to use my SiriusXM all access subscription and listen to it (NFL Radio) on my laptop while having the TV on NFL Now (which is differemt from NFL Network!) on my XBox One.  I think I should have done it last night.  I'd rather listen to Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller than any other the other 'analysts' or 'draft experts' out there.

Bucky Brooks is on NFL Now, and I can at least tolerate him. But I'm going to listen to Kirwan / Miller tonight.  Will get much better analysis and insight, I'm sure.

Does anyone have or know where you can find video on Gruden about our pick last night. I was watching the NFLN bc that is what I prefer but I really want to watch what Gruden said but can't find it on the ESPN website. They really have little to no video coverage up on the draft compared to what NFL.com puts up. Disappointing 

1 hour ago, neug3246 said:

Does anyone have or know where you can find video on Gruden about our pick last night. I was watching the NFLN bc that is what I prefer but I really want to watch what Gruden said but can't find it on the ESPN website. They really have little to no video coverage up on the draft compared to what NFL.com puts up. Disappointing 

They had gruden playing the devil's advocate role.   He talked about his inexperience and poor tackling.