Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Next Super Bowl In Indy? 2017? 2019?

oldunclemark

Everybody seemed so happy with the Indy-Super Bowl

..other than too few hotels for the Pacers..things went well

..how soon can we get another one....?

NOLA..(2013)..... New Jersey (2014)..and then what...

///////..2015? back to Atlanta?

Might be a while before Dallas gets another one

2015 is in Arizona. They said in an interview that during their next SB in 2015 that their SB Village would be set up like ours.

2015 is in Arizona. They said in an interview that during their next SB in 2015 that their SB Village would be set up like ours.

'Super Bowl Village' was a great idea.......

It made the 2 weeks a holiday for Indy people who didnt care about the game..and it kept a steady stream of cash money coming into the downtown area

Did Dallas do that??

I would guess Houston might get a shot before Dallas..I dont think they're ever going back to Detroit

Given that 2016 will (I believe) be awarded at the owners meeting this spring, that one will be out as well.

The time & effort to put together the big proposal pitch for the owners likely will mean they won't even bid on one until 2014-- meaning the earliest they would award another game here is 2018 (and thats probably optismistic).

I think best case they would be looking at hosting again around 2019/2020.

Here's an article in the Star talking about 2017 as the earliest date. It would be interesting to see who else bids for that year. There could be a new stadium in San Fran and MN by then. Maybe one in LA?

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120206/NEWS11/120206027/Indy-could-host-another-Super-Bowl-by-2017-organizers-say?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

Too bad the weather we had wasn't normal. Indy would be a slam dunk for multiple future super bowls if the weather was better.

The only people I've heard that didn't enjoy the "experience" are the guys/girls on IMPD that I know that had to work it. In jest, they were saying "I hope that *bleep* thing never comes back here again." lol

In any event, I was down there both Friday and Saturday nights and on Friday happened upon Archie and Olivia coming out of their hotel, I was the only one that recognized them and got to shake Archie's hand. It was only in passing and we exchanged quick words but still, it was pretty cool. And I didn't wanna be "that" guy that freaks out and asks 800 questions. I wanted a smile, a handshake, and acknowledgment and that was good enough for me. :)

I can tell you right now here in dallas they will not get another superbowl for a very long time. there was alot of issues that was not put out to the public that caused alot of people heartache. besides the seats, it took some fans up to a half an hour to get to the stadium due to construction, ball park in arlington didnt want to share its parking lot for the superbowl...it was pretty bad according to the news here in dallas. basically it seemed like they planned the whole thing during the football season and that was it. like they were not prepared for it and were throwin the superbowl at the last minute. Indy from what i heard from family members up there have said they have been working on this thing for over a year. so Irsay and the city of indianapolis were more prepared. thats what id like from an owner of my fav football team. a owner who still cares about getting the superbowl ready even if his team is not in it.

with New orleans getting it next year (would be nice if manning is a colts next season and win the SB in new orleans on brees turf lol)

Giants/Jets getting it in 2014 (big mistake fans will prob be miserable with the cold weather and possible snow.)

2015 the Cardinals again

2016 more then likely Atlanta or Miami maybe tampa or jacksonville

2017 very well could be Indy again if everyone enjoyed it like the press is making it out to be.

The only people I've heard that didn't enjoy the "experience" are the guys/girls on IMPD that I know that had to work it. In jest, they were saying "I hope that *bleep* thing never comes back here again." lol

In any event, I was down there both Friday and Saturday nights and on Friday happened upon Archie and Olivia coming out of their hotel, I was the only one that recognized them and got to shake Archie's hand. It was only in passing and we exchanged quick words but still, it was pretty cool. And I didn't wanna be "that" guy that freaks out and asks 800 questions. I wanted a smile, a handshake, and acknowledgment and that was good enough for me. :)

Good for you man! Classy

I live in Arizona there is no way they can make everything within walking distance like Indy did. The stafdium is 35 miles from downtown and there is nothing even close to the stadium. They are building it up close to the stadium but there is no way it will be built enough in 3 years for what Indy did.

I heard today that they want to avoid the years Indy has the final four for either men or women which I think makes the next target date ither 2017 or 2018.

GoColts..

May be a dumb question...

But why would the Final 4 in March interfere with the Super Bowl in February....???

Wouldnt the buildup for one spill over and help the other...??

2017 sounds good to me. Heck, I'd be fine even if it came around once every 10 years and back in 2022.

Let the financials come out from the event, if establishments outside downtown made money etc. (zip line was a GREAT idea, whoever thought of it).

Another key thing to note is that any weather related emergency in other parts of central Indiana would require resources that were on call and committed to downtown for this event. They may need to think of some temporary hires prior to a next SB since lightning does not strike twice with once in a 100 year unseasonably warm temperatures within a decade for late January and early February in Indiana.

I'm so proud that Indy did such a good job. I'm glad we had it here. I'm shocked from what I"m hearing about the Capital Improvement board losing $810,000 and still owing the state $4 mil for security which will be able to be paid with the $4mil rebate we get from the NFL.

I'd sure like to see a full accounting published of the city & state revenues and costs. Briefly from the news tonight I learned that the NFL got all the revenue from inside the stadium and were exempt from paying any taxes. There were other costs that the NFL were exempt from paying also.

We pay a huge sum to the NFL to host the event. We supply 8000 volunteers. We contribute 2% of all out eat and drink 365 days a year. Many businesses within the city saw no financial benefit from the event and some lost money. The city and state will have to wait a month to see what bump in tax revenue accrues from the non-NFL payers. News organizations trumpet the real benefit to the community will be in the other events that will come to Indy as a result of a successful super bowl. Maybe. Unless they strike deals to keep all the money too.

Again, I'm so proud of Indy and can't imagine how it could have been better, but I'm not sure we can afford to have another one.