Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Colts have 5th most cap space remaining

TKnight24

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Personally,   I'm must more interested in Hankins than I was in Brown.

I do not understand our reluctance to offer Hankins.     And the lack of any rumor or connection linking us to the player is a bit mystifying.

I've even read that Hankins is a better 3-4 NT than he is a 4-3 DT.     Now, maybe Hankins doesn't want to be a 3-4 NT.      Maybe he'd rather play in a 4-3?     And maybe he wants to play in the bright lights of New York?    But the fit would seem obvious.   

I'd love to be the fly on the wall in Ballard's office.    What is the objection?     What is the problem?

I wish I knew..............   :peek:

From what I have been reading this can all be blamed on his agent.  I'm surprised he hasn't changed his posture by now.  He seems to be hanging tough on his demands.  I'm hoping CB is staying in touch with him because he would be a huge upgrade at NT.  Maybe it can still happen.  To change the player for a second Austin Pasztor is still out there as well.  He would also be a great addition to our OL and he's only 26.  I suppose he could have an agent problem too.  Both of those guys would greatly improve the roster IMO. 

Just now, richard pallo said:

From what I have been reading this can all be blamed on his agent.  I'm surprised he hasn't changed his posture by now.  He seems to be hanging tough on his demands.  I'm hoping CB is staying in touch with him because he would be a huge upgrade at NT.  Maybe it can still happen.  To change the player for a second Austin Pasztor is still out there as well.  He would also be a great addition to our OL and he's only 26.  I suppose he could have an agent problem too.  Both of those guys would greatly improve the roster IMO. 

I get that feeling too.     I think he and the  agent priced themselves out of the market.    My guess is they're hoping that some team that doesn't solve their NT needs in the draft will be willing to meet their demand AFTER the draft.       Maybe.     But I wouldn't bet on that.   

Pasztor intrigues me too.     My only concern there is that they take whatever offer they get and shop it back to Cleveland.     The Browns have a ton of money and could top any offer easily.     He got good grades, so if he's so good,  why hasn't Cleveland re-signed him yet?     Again,  I'm with you.    I suspect he's got a bad price tag and are willing to be patient.      Good luck with that approach.....

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

How do we know this?

I've read that New York has offered him roughly $4 Mill per.     And what reason would we have to believe that no team has offered him a deal of any kind.      I've not read that anywhere.      Not sure why anyone would believe that absent of a quote from Hankins himself,  or his agent.

That doesn't add up for me....

We didn't hear any rumors about any offers or visits. I'm sure NY threw him a number just to try and make at least an effort to keep him. When a player that talented doesn't get a deal, it tells me something is up.

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I get that feeling too.     I think he and the  agent priced themselves out of the market.    My guess is they're hoping that some team that doesn't solve their NT needs in the draft will be willing to meet their demand AFTER the draft.       Maybe.     But I wouldn't bet on that.   

Pasztor intrigues me too.     My only concern there is that they take whatever offer they get and shop it back to Cleveland.     The Browns have a ton of money and could top any offer easily.     He got good grades, so if he's so good,  why hasn't Cleveland re-signed him yet?     Again,  I'm with you.    I suspect he's got a bad price tag and are willing to be patient.      Good luck with that approach.....

Exactly.  And if Cleveland has that much space and doesn't think enough of me to sign me then I'm moving on.  It appears they are willing to move on so his agent better get back into the game. 

On 4/7/2017 at 9:50 PM, Tmoney said:

All we need is a running game?!? That's a cringe worthy analysis of the Colts

No it's a correct statement. This team needs to be able to run the football more. It would help both side of the ball for this team. It would also take pressure off the Luck. 

On 4/7/2017 at 10:09 PM, LJpalmbeacher said:

What I'd like to know is how the Jags, who have spending in the last 2 seasons like they spending monopoly money, have more cap space than us who have been penny pinchers the last 2 seasons?

And how do players agree to sign there(historically one of the worst franchises in sports) AND players not want to come here?

some players would not want to go to a rebuilding project, so that's understandable.  the jag's cap space is a bit mystifying. 

42 minutes ago, a06cc said:

No it's a correct statement. This team needs to be able to run the football more. It would help both side of the ball for this team. It would also take pressure off the Luck. 

Its an ignorant statement. You said and I quote, "All this team needs is a running game". Yes we could improve our running game, if you seriously think its all we need your a dam fool. It'll improve our D sure, from 30th to 28th, goodie! Takes pressure off Luck which is great, but again not even a top 5 need.

1 hour ago, Tmoney said:

Its an ignorant statement. You said and I quote, "All this team needs is a running game". Yes we could improve our running game, if you seriously think its all we need your a dam fool. It'll improve our D sure, from 30th to 28th, goodie! Takes pressure off Luck which is great, but again not even a top 5 need.

Really? He has a different opinion and you call him ignorant and a dam fool? Is that coming from someone who don't even know how to spell damn?

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Really? He has a different opinion and you call him ignorant and a dam fool? Is that coming from someone who don't even know how to spell damn?

:facepalm: you really just did that, hahahaha what a clown. And its not that his opinion differs from mine, its that it truly is ignorant. If you watched the 2016 Colts and came back thinking this team is a running game away from being competitive you are a DAM fool.

5 hours ago, Tmoney said:

:facepalm: you really just did that, hahahaha what a clown. And its not that his opinion differs from mine, its that it truly is ignorant. If you watched the 2016 Colts and came back thinking this team is a running game away from being competitive you are a DAM fool.

That don't even deserve a response. It is apparent you have no ability to make comments to anyone without insulting them.  

56 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That don't even deserve a response. It is apparent you have no ability to make comments to anyone without insulting them.  

That's why I haven't responded to her. 

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:26 PM, Old Colt said:

Cap Space doesn't rush the QB or protect ours.....

Neither does spending money on guys who can't do that just because you have money.  Frankly this was a really weak market when it came to pass rushers.  Pass rushers are becoming the "Quarterbacks" of defenses in that if you have a good one you don't let him get away.  The best way the Colts can get a good one is going to be through the draft, probably this year.

As for the o-line the Colts might very well have the starters in place.  They are just young.  They know what they have in Castonzo and Mewhort who are the anchors of the line. Kelly had an extremely good rookie season and I don't think there is any reason to be concerned about him going forward.  Then they have Haeg and Clark who both showed promise last year.  No they aren't stars yet and yes they had moments where they struggled but that line should improve this year and start to jell. 

On 4/7/2017 at 10:09 PM, LJpalmbeacher said:

What I'd like to know is how the Jags, who have spending in the last 2 seasons like they spending monopoly money, have more cap space than us who have been penny pinchers the last 2 seasons?

And how do players agree to sign there(historically one of the worst franchises in sports) AND players not want to come here?

well, for one, there's no state income tax in FL...... and they do tend to have more money than TB and MIA

On 4/7/2017 at 7:09 PM, LJpalmbeacher said:

They haven't paid their QB. They've been rolling cap space forward for four years. They haven't drafted well in longer than that, so have not committed to contracts to re-sign their own guys. And the value of the contracts they have signed has been overblown by the free agent frenzy media.