Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Krunks 2017 Mock #2

I built this mock based of CBS Sports Draft Projections. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2017/RB

No Trades in this one.  Just 7 Picks

FA     Zach Brown,  Melvin Ingram, AJ Bouye

1.  Malik Mcdowell/Reuben Foster                If you look up at this pick and Foster is still there then go with Foster

2.  Carl Lawson  OLB

3.  Jaleel Johnson  DL

4.  Carrol Phillips  OLB

4.  Kareem Hunt/Samaje Perine  RB       

5.  Rayshawn Jenkins FS   Like this kid

6.  Jaylon Reeves Maybin ILB/Stephen Taylor  OLB-ILB Houston Cougars(makes a lot of plays. laid some really nice licks on Dalvin Cook. Great Blitzer. Plays inside and outside)

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

1.  Malik Mcdowell/Reuben Foster                If you look up at this pick and Foster is still there then go with Foster

2.  Carl Lawson  OLB

3.  Jaleel Johnson  DL

4.  Carrol Phillips  OLB

6.  Jaylon Reeves Maybin ILB/Stephen Taylor  OLB-ILB Houston Cougars(makes a lot of plays. laid some really nice licks on Dalvin Cook. Great Blitzer. Plays inside and outside)

I owe you a beer if you do better than 0-13 on this one. lol

1 minute ago, funktacious2 said:

Hey, I really like it! I'd still like to find some room to help our o-line to continue to improve, but I for the sake or being  being realistic, you can't always offer everything in a good mock, so this would still be quite nice! Great work!

Wasn't sure if I could add a fourth free agent for the line or not.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

2.  Carl Lawson  OLB

3.  Jaleel Johnson  DL

4.  Carrol Phillips  OLB

This is pretty dreamy. Not sure how realistic you're being with the free agents, but that'd really be something if we got all 3 of those guys AND that draft haul.

9 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

This is pretty dreamy. Not sure how realistic you're being with the free agents, but that'd really be something if we got all 3 of those guys AND that draft haul.

Maybe you have a problem with the Free Agent portion but the rest is right in line with where they are projected to go.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

2.  Carl Lawson  OLB

3.  Jaleel Johnson  DL

4.  Carrol Phillips  OLB

Nice job, Krunk.     A good effort.

If I was going to disagree with anything it's that you don't have a Corner in the draft.   (Yes, I know you have Bouye in Free agency)     I think we'll need more.

The other complaint I'd have is that McDowell is one of my least favorite players in this draft.    Not a 1st round pick for me at any spot.      For me,  he's a 2nd rounder.

The reviews I read are basically....   Looks like Tarzan,  but plays like Jane.    He's a monster with a great skill set and barely shows up on tape.     Not much production for the last two years.     He should be dominating and he's not.      I want no part of guys like that.      I don't like professional under-achievers.

Otherwise,  I like this, especially the two RB's in the 4th round.     Those two are high on my radar.    I just hope they last until our 1st pick in the 4th round.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If I was going to disagree with anything it's that you don't have a Corner in the draft.   (Yes, I know you have Bouye in Free agency)     I think we'll need more.

The other complaint I'd have is that McDowell is one of my least favorite players in this draft.    Not a 1st round pick for me at any spot.      For me,  he's a 2nd rounder.

The reviews I read are basically....   Looks like Tarzan,  but plays like Jane.    He's a monster with a great skill set and barely shows up on tape.     Not much production for the last two years.     He should be dominating and he's not.      I want no part of guys like that.      I don't like professional under-achievers.

Otherwise,  I like this, especially the two RB's in the 4th round.     Those two are high on my radar.    I just hope they last until our 1st pick in the 4th round.

I appreciate that NCF.   Just tried to do something a bit different here. Wanted to focus primarily on improving the front 7.   I'll look a bit more into Mcdowell, but I'm not sure if I've seen those same things you've read.  Not sure how off or on I am with the FA picks because I'm not that refined with that but I try.

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

I appreciate that NCF.   Just tried to do something a bit different here. Wanted to focus primarily on improving the front 7.   I'll look a bit more into Mcdowell, but I'm not sure if I've seen those same things you've read.  Not sure how off or on I am with the FA picks because I'm not that refined with that but I try.

By the way, I should have said I really like your three FA signings.

My real fear is that San Diego will find a way to keep Ingram out of FA.      I'm ready to throw 5/75 at him.   But it doesn't do any good if he re-ups with the Chargers.....

I like Brown too,  but was very surprised that in the Pro Football Focus top-50 FA's,  Brown was NOT listed.   That caught me off guard.     Did not expect that.

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

My real fear is that San Diego will find a way to keep Ingram out of FA.      I'm ready to throw 5/75 at him.   But it doesn't do any good if he re-ups with the Chargers.....

I like Brown too,  but was very surprised that in the Pro Football Focus top-50 FA's,  Brown was NOT listed.   That caught me off guard.     Did not expect that.

With all these pass rushers in this draft it wouldn't surprise me if they let him walk. I believe they are already tight on the cap but I could be wrong. I'm sure he'll ask for a decent coin or two from them.

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He didn't really even become anybody until last season to be honest.  The Bills picked him up late in Free Agency with the expectation basically of being a back up.   When he got his opportunity he took advantage.

3 hours ago, krunk said:

2.  Carl Lawson  OLB

3.  Jaleel Johnson  DL

4.  Carrol Phillips  OLB

Change Carl Lawson with Tim Williams(if he falls) and Jaleel Jonhson with Mixon and i'm all in.

I think we can pay Ingram , Bouye, Brown but we need also average starters(to fill up while developing new talent) so i would put 1 of them away.

58 minutes ago, krunk said:

Maybe you have a problem with the Free Agent portion but the rest is right in line with where they are projected to go.

No problem at all, I meant "dreamy" in a good way LOL. I'd absolutely love it if we got those 3 guys. I'm just unsure whether Ballard will go after 3 top-tier players after hearing his stance on free agency in his press conference.

19 minutes ago, Jact.stark said:

Change Carl Lawson with Tim Williams(if he falls) and Jaleel Jonhson with Mixon and i'm all in.

I think we can pay Ingram , Bouye, Brown but we need also average starters(to fill up while developing new talent) so i would put 1 of them away.

I don't think we'll go after Mixon.  I think they'll hold that incident against him.  I don't get the feeling Pagano will be down and Ballard has stated that everyone has to be on board with a decision like that.  They never even gave Ray Rice a sniff and Pagano knows Ray Rice character enough to where it should maybe have been entertained. Not to say this is entirely the same thing across the board.   I like Tim Williams and I'm okay with the pistol/weed incident.  That to me just needs some strong due dillegence.  However if the multiple failed drug tests are real and it's not just a one time thing I'd stay clear away from that.   He'd be on suspension half the time flush with new wads of cash in his pocket I think.

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

No problem at all, I meant "dreamy" in a good way LOL. I'd absolutely love it if we got those 3 guys. I'm just unsure whether Ballard will go after 3 top-tier players after hearing his stance on free agency in his press conference.

Well he's got to do something with that money.  When Irsay spoke on the 2017 FA period when Grigson was here he said "We'll have enough to pick up a Free Agent or two along with the draft so it wouldn't shock me if they went after some quality here or there.

Just now, krunk said:

I don't think we'll go after Mixon.  I think they'll hold that incident against them.  I don't get the feeling Pagano will be down and Ballard has stated that everyone has to be on board with a decision like that.  I like Tim Williams and I'm okay with the pistol incident.  However if the multiple failed drug tests are real I'd stay clear away from that.   He'd be on suspension half the time.

It's a gamble either you win a great player or you lost a good pick but if i'm FO i would hire Mathis as Coach Assistant to show them(rookies) how to be a Pro, also i think Mixon is way too good to pass after the 4th he may be gone by the time we are at the clock in the 4th.
I think Ballard is gonna investigate deep Mixon and if he clears up he is gonna put a good word for him and insist on Pags interview him and then take a description. 

9 minutes ago, Jact.stark said:

It's a gamble either you win a great player or you lost a good pick but if i'm FO i would hire Mathis as Coach Assistant to show them(rookies) how to be a Pro, also i think Mixon is way too good to pass after the 4th he may be gone by the time we are at the clock in the 4th.
I think Ballard is gonna investigate deep Mixon and if he clears up he is gonna put a good word for him and insist on Pags interview him and then take a description. 

Mixon is a pretty good back but not the only one.  Heck I'd be fine with Perine if we chose that.  Reminds me of Ray Rice/Michael Turner.   I do like Mixon though

Just now, krunk said:

Mixon is a pretty good back but not the only one.  Heck I'd be fine with Perine if we chose that.  Reminds me of Ray Rice/Michael Turner.   I do like Mixon though

I'm not native English speaker ( writer) , i would like if you could give me feedback about how i write, I mean mistakes making statements or statements that doesn't have sense because of bad forming.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Perine I like quite a bit.  I think he could be like Ray Rice. Perine has a lot of power and quick feet.   Not a bad receiver either.  My only problem is he and Turbin might be the same type of skill set.  I'd like to keep Turbin but Perine will probably be able to do everything Turbin already does.  Who knows there could be room for all 3.

2 minutes ago, Jact.stark said:

I'm not native English speaker ( writer) , i would like if you could give me feedback about how i write, I mean mistakes making statements or statements that doesn't have sense because of bad forming.

You're doing fine to me overall!

1 hour ago, krunk said:

He didn't really even become anybody until last season to be honest.  The Bills picked him up late in Free Agency with the expectation basically of being a back up.   When he got his opportunity he took advantage.

Pretty much. His contract was like 30th highest in money for all FA linebackers last year. He got little over 1M and less than 500K guaranteed. Basically, no one valued, the whole league missed on him.

I do want to sign him and I think he's the best ILB option at FA but the contract would have to make sense from the financial standpoint. He might be just a one year wonder in Ryan's exotic scheme.

Just now, Finball said:

Pretty much. His contract was like 30th highest in money for all FA linebackers last year. He got little over 1M and less than 500K guaranteed. Basically, no one valued, the whole league missed on him.

I do want to sign him and I think he's the best ILB option at FA but the contract would have to make sense from the financial standpoint. He might be just a one year wonder in Ryan's exotic scheme.

The good thing is we run that same exotic scheme so there is crossover.   

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I respect that NCF always complements members who compile good lists with well thought out reasoning & can even disagree or highlight guys he's paying attention to without dissing anybody else's preferred draft choices. 

I do miss when Dustin would showcase dudes he's got an eye on with You Tube clips followed by pros & cons later in his analysis. He might still do that in the draft section. I just don't go there say until about 3 weeks before the actual draft. Some guys live & breathe college breakdown stuff once the season ends. Me? I let the other members do the heavy lifting first. 

"Looks like Tarzan, but play like Jane" made me laugh NCF. haha

23 hours ago, Jact.stark said:

You write in English pretty well, better than some around here that I know are native to it, myself included :D...but to be honest this is probably not a good place to learn your English grammar and composition haha

On 2/16/2017 at 4:30 PM, southwest1 said:

I respect that NCF always complements members who compile good lists with well thought out reasoning & can even disagree or highlight guys he's paying attention to without dissing anybody else's preferred draft choices. 

I do miss when Dustin would showcase dudes he's got an eye on with You Tube clips followed by pros & cons later in his analysis. He might still do that in the draft section. I just don't go there say until about 3 weeks before the actual draft. Some guys live & breathe college breakdown stuff once the season ends. Me? I let the other members do the heavy lifting first. 

"Looks like Tarzan, but play like Jane" made me laugh NCFhaha

Yup!    One of my favorites!     It's an oldie, but a goodie!  

I miss Dustin too.     I hope he shows up right around the Combine.    I know he's usually VERY dialed in on that, and then perhaps after that he'll start with his own analysis.     That would be great.

Appreciate the kind words as always SW1.    I learned a long time ago that drafting is the ultimate beauty contest and we all see it differently.     You like the blonde,  someone else likes the brunette.    Someone likes the Latina, someone else likes the Black woman and I like the Asian.   (My Asian wife would smack me if I didn't say that!)

And we all think we're right and can't understand why everyone else doesn't see things their our way?

So, I try not to get too caught up in the who.     I often DO get caught up in the when.    Especially when posters have guys going too early or especially too late.     Makes things unrealistic.     I'd like us all on the same page as often as we can.....

But sometimes that's not always possible and that's why Al Gore created the Internet!      

Ha!     :lol:

I like it a lot.  Maybe it doesn't go down like this, but it looks good on paper. 

Im not as worried about corners in 2017 as many are. I think we definitely need a #2 (Bouye works), but I like Melvin and Butler (assuming we re-sign him) as depth after that.

There is something to be said about finding Davis's eventual replacement, also, this is a good class of corners, so this might be a good time to do that. I do think, though, that next year's unit will be fine if we grab a legit #2 in FA or the draft. 

On 2/16/2017 at 0:19 PM, krunk said:

2.  Carl Lawson  OLB

3.  Jaleel Johnson  DL

4.  Carrol Phillips  OLB

Really like this. I'd personally switch Carl for a TJ Watt or maybe wait another round for a Derek rivers. Also Rayshawn Jenkins I think will be more of a SS in the NFL not great in coverage. Lorenzo Jerome maybe or the guy from Boston college, Johnson I forgot his first name

4 hours ago, Tmoney said:

Really like this. I'd personally switch Carl for a TJ Watt or maybe wait another round for a Derek rivers. Also Rayshawn Jenkins I think will be more of a SS in the NFL not great in coverage. Lorenzo Jerome maybe or the guy from Boston college, Johnson I forgot his first name

Thanks!! I think Jenkins can grow. Said to be pretty smart player. I think he's got great size and a very good athlete. I think a better athlete than Geathers and a bit more aware than Green. I wasn't able to address the ILB in a way that I was totally satisfied so I brought in a big body safety with some athleticism. Realizing how much this team utilizes safeties to deal with matchup issues on tight ends and other stuff. Feel like Reyshawn could play either safety spot. Seems just as aggressive as Clayton with the hitting. Maybe a tad less but not far off. Better judgement than TJ Green. Would give us 3 tall speedy safeties who can switch up roles based on matchups. Having Darius Butler is even more versatility. Plus the beefed up pass rush helps.

4 hours ago, Tmoney said:

Using hindsight i think i may have been better off substituting Jaleel Johnson with a cornerback and bringing in Brandon Williams or Hankins. I just didnt think it was realistic to be able to get Williams and Bouye at the same time.

I like your draft too krunk.

Foster is my favorite player in this draft. I think when a GM is looking to build a defense, Foster is a perfect foundational player to start. Unfortunately, I just can't see him not being taken in the top 10, never mind getting past the Saints.

Carl Lawson is someone I really like too. At the end of the season I was in favor of retaining Walden, but if we were to get someone like Lawson, then sign Ingram, that's a serious par of OLB's. Lawson has a pass rush game, but he is a big physical aggressive dude, I think he will make a good SAM in the NFL.

16 hours ago, krunk said:

Using hindsight i think i may have been better off substituting Jaleel Johnson with a cornerback and bringing in Brandon Williams or Hankins. I just didnt think it was realistic to be able to get Williams and Bouye at the same time.

Yesss that's it! Take advantage of this deep CB class in the draft, and this some what deep NT class in FA. Let's go Hankins while everybody is going after Williams and Poe. Cheaper and a better pass rusher then both, also stud against the run.

Just now, Tmoney said:

Yesss that's it! Take advantage of this deep CB class in the draft, and this some what deep NT class in FA. Let's go Hankins while everybody is going after Williams and Poe. Cheaper and a better pass rusher then both, also stud against the run.

Maybe not Williams and bouye, but hankins and bouye is a different story. Hankins, bouye, and Zach brown is my dream and also could happen. If it does CB can bang my gf