Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pre-Combine: Make your pick on Draft Night

Poll: Pick #15 is on the clock  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Of the remaining prospects, who are you taking at #15?

• Jabrill Peppers
    • Malik McDowell
    • Tim Williams
    • Haason Reddick
    • Marlon Humphrey
    • Derek Barnett
    • Takkarist McKinley
    • Sidney Jones
    • Charles Harris
    • Teez Tabor
    • Zach Cunningham
    • Desmond King
    • Tre'Davious White
    • Caleb Brantley
    • Christian McCaffrey
    • Other (Please specify)

Let's assume for a second that the Colts end up at #15 in the 1st. The picks before us (in no particular order) go like this:

- Myles Garrett

- Jonathan Allen

- Marshon Lattimore

- Malik Hooker

- Jamal Adams

- Reuben Foster

- Solomon Thomas

- Taco Charlton

- Leonard Fournette

- Dalvin Cook

- Mike Williams

- OJ Howard

- Mitch Trubisky

- Deshaun Watson

That's 14 guys. Of the remaining, who are you taking? No trading down/out of the 1st. I'd like to see what people consider the "best of the rest" as a fit for the Colts.

22 minutes ago, BCoop said:

Let's assume for a second that the Colts end up at #15 in the 1st. The picks before us (in no particular order) go like this:

- Myles Garrett

- Jonathan Allen

- Marshon Lattimore

- Malik Hooker

- Jamal Adams

- Reuben Foster

- Solomon Thomas

- Taco Charlton

- Leonard Fournette

- Dalvin Cook

- Mike Williams

- OJ Howard

- Mitch Trubisky

- Deshaun Watson

That's 14 guys. Of the remaining, who are you taking? No trading down/out of the 1st. I'd like to see what people consider the "best of the rest" as a fit for the Colts.

Man you took my guy Taco off the board:( I went Takk McKinley tho can't go wrong with an edge at this spot

2 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Man you took my guy Taco off the board:( I went Takk McKinley tho can't go wrong with an edge at this spot

Sorry! I had one more pick to fill and was trying to decide between Taco, McKinley, McDowell, and Barnett. I chose the guy that seems to be rising the fastest in early scouting reports.

If he's cleared off the field, Tim Williams without a question. He is a true blue chip prospect. Purely talent wise I think he can be the best pass-rusher in this draft. If he's not cleared... damn... there are some really good prospects I wouldn't mind picking on this list ... it's probably easier for me to list the ones I would rather us not take at 14/15 rather than the ones I specifically want and since I haven't really done a big board I will weasel out of it by giving up the ones I like best(in no particular order):

Malik McDowell(again - needs to get cleared off-the-field, from what I've heard people talking he's as close to a cancerous player as there is in this draft, horrible attitude, horrible treatment of teammates and coaches, etc.)

Marlon Humphrey

Sidney Jones

Derek Barnett

Takkarist McKinley

Charles Harris

Teez Tabor

Tre'Davious White

From the pass-rushers I think I like Charles Harris and Takk McKinley best. From the corners I like Tabor best.

I chose Talk.  (Would also have considered Quincy Wilson if he were listed) With pass rush being our most glaring need and Takk being praised for his versatility with standing up or hand in the dirt, that becomes extra appealing when you take into consideration Chuck's basically a 50/50 to return next year. Takk might be a more comfortable option knowing he has the skills as well as the ability to play in both base schemes. Barnett is extremely tempting as well.

On 2/16/2017 at 6:29 AM, BCoop said:

Sorry! I had one more pick to fill and was trying to decide between Taco, McKinley, McDowell, and Barnett. I chose the guy that seems to be rising the fastest in early scouting reports.

Its all good big dog, I'm with you tho I dont think Taco makes it to us. Reminds me a lot of Chandler Jones but who knows maybe Barnett runs well and passes some ppl up

On 2/16/2017 at 10:14 AM, DaColts85 said:

The more I look at Taco I like him.  I would love to have him with our 1st.  Plenty of upside for this guy.

Such a monster, dont think he'll wow ppl with his 40 so he might fall to us but I do expect him to be gone. So much upside, so much polish rn has great techniques as a pass rusher, solid at the POA plays run just as well. May favorite player in the draft as of rn

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Same and even though he's not on the list Thomas from Stanford.  Not only is he physically gifted he has imo some solid leadership attributes. 

I haven't done a Mock yet but with my 1st 3 picks and being realistic about it I would take

1. Takk McKinley - Pass Rusher

2. Carl Lawson - if he's there when we pick, Pass Rusher, that gives us 2 promising Pass Rushers with the 1st 2 picks.

3. Kareem Hunt - I don't think he will be around after the 3rd round and from what I have seen out of him I think he can be a Great RB in the NFL. I would take him in the 3rd Round to get a young RB.