Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew luck highlights

backshoulderfade

6 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Watching this video shows me how good this team can be. If they can figure out how to use Dorsett correctly, our offense has the ability to be the best. 

the only reason our core isn't no1 is bc of coaching & Julio Jones isn't human 

Idk about anybody else  but watching that video has me pumped for the offense next year . Eric Swope, Philip Dorsett and Jack Doyle along with T.Y. Hilton and Dante  Moncrief. Now that the "Grig is up" hopefully the new GM can do a better job signing and drafting better defensive players. Offensively, we're set.

12 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Idk about anybody else  but watching that video has me pumped for the offense next year . Eric Swope, Philip Dorsett and Jack Doyle along with T.Y. Hilton and Dante  Moncrief. Now that the "Grig is up" hopefully the new GM can do a better job signing and drafting better defensive players. Offensively, we're set.

All except a running back beyond Frank the Tank.

6 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Watching this video shows me how good this team can be. If they can figure out how to use Dorsett correctly, our offense has the ability to be the best. 

Figuring out how to use dorsett, which should not be hard, and adding a young RB to mold for a year and we flip the switch like Atlanta did. Obviously off season focus is re building our crumbling D, but we need a young RB to take carries from frank and let's be honest, just be more explosive

20 hours ago, Chucklez said:

We've always known Andrew luck is not the problem.... People do not give him enough credit at all. You know what Andrew's record is when the defense holds the opposing team to 19 or less points?

It's something like 25 - 0 or 26 - 0..... 

So I did some checking and indeed you are correct.  Taking the last 9 games out of it that Luck missed in 2015, the Colts are 24-0 in the regular season when holding opponents under 20 points with Luck starting.  They are 2-0 in the post-season, both coming in 2014.  Probably more of a constant throughout the league but he has not lost a game when his defense steps up, and that says a lot about how good he can be with some support, and also about how bad the defense can be.  Also startling is the noticeable drop in occurrences since his first few years.

The numbers break down as such:

2016: 3-0

2015: 1-0*

2014: 7-0; 2-0 post-season

2013: 7-0

2012: 6-0

3 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

So I did some checking and indeed you are correct.  Taking the last 9 games out of it that Luck missed in 2015, the Colts are 24-0 in the regular season when holding opponents under 20 points with Luck starting.  They are 2-0 in the post-season, both coming in 2014.  Probably more of a constant throughout the league but he has not lost a game when his defense steps up, and that says a lot about how good he can be with some support, and also about how bad the defense can be.  Also startling is the noticeable drop in occurrences since his first few years.

The numbers break down as such:

2016: 3-0

2015: 1-0*

2014: 7-0; 2-0 post-season

2013: 7-0

2012: 6-0

In 2015 we only had one game where our D held the opponent to less than 20 points? Damn...... I hope the next GM has a serious eye for defensive talent...

14 hours ago, Chucklez said:

In 2015 we only had one game where our D held the opponent to less than 20 points? Damn...... I hope the next GM has a serious eye for defensive talent...

*With Luck, but remember he only played 7 games.  I believe there were 2-3 more with the backups if I'm not mistaken.  Still, the trend is a downward spiral.  The defense is clearly worse off now than when he took over  and that was damning to Grigson in the end.