Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

National media NOT feeling the retainment of Chuck

bluephantom87

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Oline was worse. Everything else was better. 

D line had Ricky Jean. Chapman. Werner. Redding.   FS was Sergio Brown.  Toler at cb2. RB was Trent Richardson, Fleener was TE. 

Yea.  That's a lot better than last season.  HA!

12 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

D line had Ricky Jean. Chapman. Werner. Redding.   FS was Sergio Brown.  Toler at cb2. RB was Trent Richardson, Fleener was TE. 

It was, it worked better. Our #2 cb this year was a random named Melvin or Milton. Vontae all dinged up like always. We had clueless Green playing safety. Idk man. Front 7 this year was ranked dead last.

11 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Who gives a % about the offense luck will carry them with anyone. The D now is way worse then the D then 

10 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Who gives a % about the offense luck will carry them with anyone. The D now is way worse then the D then 

Which position is worse?    I'll give you MLB but Freeman's number had dropped quite a bit in 2014 compared to the previous 2 yrs. Cory Redding was a good leader but he was a shell of his old self. Mathis was out the entire season.  

You can can also blame the DC and Pagano for the defense.  Because this yrs D is a lot more talented than the 2014 team

15 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

So back to college. And that makes no sense, why would pep come with Harbaugh? To a place that fired him?

Because Jim Harbaugh is a coach.  A real coach that understands how that system works.  It is Jim's offense.  Like it or not.    That's what he brings to the table 

7 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Which position is worse?    I'll give you MLB but Freeman's number had dropped quite a bit in 2014 compared to the previous 2 yrs. Cory Redding was a good leader but he was a shell of his old self. Mathis was out the entire season.  

You can can also blame the DC and Pagano for the defense.  Because this yrs D is a lot more talented than the 2014 team

Sergio brown is better then Green the linebackers were better then the garbage we have now we had reggie wayne tolerance while he sucked is still better then the backups we had this year and prolly on the same level at Robinson redding was a lot better then you are giving him credit for as well

4 hours ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Anderson and Geathers might pan out, also like what I saw out of Ridgeway he has a shot. Parry is serviceable but gets worn down. Morrison ahhh we will see, Edwin Jackson had some moments but is too small. Rashawn Melvin, didn't play that bad young, but something gives given he has been in the league 4 years and unable to stick with anybody? And Green plays more like a corner to me than a safety, he was over matched all year, probabley needed a red shirt year really, and I think he needs to get stronger. I like safeties who like to hit. I don't think he likes too. We will see next year.

Say what? All Green does is hit.  He hits anything that moves.  I'm waiting for him to hit an official. He hits a lil late too and is a lil chippy for my taste. Heck, He rung Davis' bell I remember.  Greens problem is he's raw, not a lack of wanting to hit.

i'm hoping he improves next yewr

18 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Say what? All Green does is hit.  He hits anything that moves.  I'm waiting for him to hit an official. He hits a lil late too and is a lil chippy for my taste. Heck, He rung Davis' bell I remember.  Greens problem is he's raw, not a lack of wanting to hit.

Agreed, his problem like many on our D is taking bad angles. Many guys for the colts hit well, tackling and angles not the most fundamentally sound though.

1 hour ago, Majin Vegeta said:

You saying to expect to see Pep again if we hire Harbaugh is just dumb lol.

I disagree. I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation at all. Pep has NFL experience, he knows Harbaugh's offense, and Harbaugh obviously believes in him as a coach.

I'm not a fan of Pep, but I think he'd be better running Harbaugh's offense in the NFL than he was running whatever amalgam he was asked to run for the Colts. 

It's all moot, as I don't think Harbaugh is leaving Michigan. But theoretically, I wouldn't be surprised if took Pep with him as OC. 

Just now, Superman said:

I disagree. I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation at all. Pep has NFL experience, he knows Harbaugh's offense, and Harbaugh obviously believes in him as a coach.

I'm not a fan of Pep, but I think he'd be better running Harbaugh's offense in the NFL than he was running whatever amalgam he was asked to run for the Colts. 

It's all moot, as I don't think Harbaugh is leaving Michigan. But theoretically, I wouldn't be surprised if took Pep with him as OC. 

This will be one of the few things we disagree about .

I agree it's all moot though.

1 hour ago, life long said:

Agreed, his problem like many on our D is taking bad angles. Many guys for the colts hit well, tackling and angles not the most fundamentally sound though.

Bad tackling. Thruout the league too.

i dont know if its limited contact in practice, poor coaching, new tackling rules, or what but bad tackling techniques all around.

21 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Hum I have the games saved I am planing to rewatch them. Maybe I am wrong if so I will correct myself. I saw him get run over a lot. May be wrong will keep you posted!

1 hour ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Hum I have the games saved I am planing to rewatch them. Maybe I am wrong if so I will correct myself. I saw him get run over a lot. May be wrong will keep you posted!

I have them on dvd too. 

The kid hits everything!  I didnt say he did it well.  Your original post said he didn't hit.  I just said he does, and half the time its at the end of the play and he ends up clocking a team mate.

the kid is raw, but i like his measurables so i'll give it time.

i wasnt suggesting he was bob sanders 2.0 in any way.

22 hours ago, Superman said:

Agree completely.     I think Chud would be good anywhere but under Pagano. 

Look ok at the difference Arians made when Pagano was off.    Night and day with the offense and game plan 

26 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Agree completely.     I think Chud would be good anywhere but under Pagano. 

Look ok at the difference Arians made when Pagano was off.    Night and day with the offense and game plan 

I see that as being the opposite. Arians gameplans when Pagano was sick were maddening, IMO. When Pagano came back for that Texans game, everything was shorter concepts, and Luck only got sacked once. He had been sacked 12 times in the previous three games, and that Chiefs game the previous week was particularly ugly for the offense.

As for Chud, if he were with a good offensive head coach, I think the gameplans and adjustments would be better. 

2 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I have them on dvd too. 

The kid hits everything!  I didnt say he did it well.  Your original post said he didn't hit.  I just said he does, and half the time its at the end of the play and he ends up clocking a team mate.

the kid is raw, but i like his measurables so i'll give it time.

i wasnt suggesting he was bob sanders 2.0 in any way.

I will watch but hitting his own team mate at the end of the play is too late for me I consider that wasted energy. And yes love the measurable hard not to but doesn't guarantee success! To me he just looks like a CB with his length and speed. And yes hes still got time to prove himself. I believe if I am not mistaking he was only 21 to. pretty young and relatively new to the position as well. I think he was a WR in college originally?