Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay"s End Of Year Meeting

Creekside

Regarding change to his organization, in a USA Today interview on Dec 14, Jim Irsay said,

"Honestly, at the end of every season, we sit down and review where we're at ..... We'll evaluate everything. I will.    ....when we are sitting down at the end of the year and evaluate things."

Does anyone know if this meeting has taken place? ....or when it will take place?...When did it happen last year?

5 minutes ago, egg said:

Regarding change to his organization, in a USA Today interview on Dec 14, Jim Irsay said,

"Honestly, at the end of every season, we sit down and review where we're at ..... We'll evaluate everything. I will.    ....when we are sitting down at the end of the year and evaluate things."

Does anyone know if this meeting has taken place? ....or when it will take place?...When did it happen last year?

The belief is that such a meeting took place after Pagano's presser, but that's never been confirmed.  

20 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Isn't this essentially the same topic as below? I'm baffled by all these threads

No need to be baffled. The post you refer to is about speculation as to whether or not Grigson and Pagano will be replaced by Manning and Gruden.

My post is a question about whether or not Irsay has even met yet with Grigson and Pagano in regards to the future of the team, which he does every year before he makes any major decisions.

Just now, egg said:

No need to be baffled. The post you refer to is about speculation as to whether or not Grigson and Pagano will be replaced by Manning and Gruden.

My post is a question about whether or not Irsay has even met yet with Grigson and Pagano in regards to the future of the team, which he does every year before he makes any major decisions.

it's all in there.  It's been brought up several times.

Just now, IndyD4U said:

I suggest reading the thread

I did. And I reread the article. No mention of Irsay meeting with Pagano and Grigson. Only speculation about Manning and Gruden.

It's really simple. All I'm asking is if Jim Irsay has yet had his annual year end meeting with his current coach and GM.

Just now, egg said:

I did. And I reread the article. No mention of Irsay meeting with Pagano and Grigson. Only speculation about Manning and Gruden.

It's really simple. All I'm asking is if Jim Irsay has yet had his annual year end meeting with his current coach and GM.

The last article I can find is from 1/2, the Monday locker clean-out, player meetings, etc., and there was no meeting on that day that was made public between Irsay and Pagano or Irsay and Grigson.  The article says Pags was to meet with Irsay that afternoon, but I can't find anything that says that meeting happened. 

http://www.colts.com/news/article-notebook/Chuck-Pagano-Expects-To-Return-In-2017-Will-Meet-With-Jim-Irsay-Monday-Afternoon/d11743fd-3748-4dbe-97eb-ed10d9c3037c

3 minutes ago, egg said:

Hang on, Let me call Ol' Jimmy up and ask.

10 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Hang on, Let me call Ol' Jimmy up and ask.

That's really funny. 

It's also funny that the entire thread that you claim I am repeating says absolutely nothing about a year end meeting with Pagano and Grigson. 

No need to apologize. You're smart. I'm dumb. Feel better?

9 minutes ago, Dirty Mudflaps said:

The last article I can find is from 1/2, the Monday locker clean-out, player meetings, etc., and there was no meeting on that day that was made public between Irsay and Pagano or Irsay and Grigson.  The article says Pags was to meet with Irsay that afternoon, but I can't find anything that says that meeting happened. 

http://www.colts.com/news/article-notebook/Chuck-Pagano-Expects-To-Return-In-2017-Will-Meet-With-Jim-Irsay-Monday-Afternoon/d11743fd-3748-4dbe-97eb-ed10d9c3037c

Thanks. Yes, I remember that. 

5 minutes ago, egg said:

That's really funny. 

It's also funny that the entire thread that you claim I am repeating says absolutely nothing about a year end meeting with Pagano and Grigson. 

No need to apologize. You're smart. I'm dumb. Feel better?

Nah, I don't require affirmation. Good day.

45 minutes ago, egg said:

No one knows. There have been reports, disputed reports, and rumors. No confirmation of anything from anyone who works for the Colts. 

10 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

I think it's all nonsense.    I doubt that any coach would negotiate with a HC/GM that is still employed.   Kinda cruddy if they are 

And yet coaches and GM's can workout an unsigned new player during the season, hoping that new player will take the place of a player currently on the team. If they feel the new player is an upgrade they will sign him and cut the old player. 

Should be no different for coaches or GM's. 

2 minutes ago, coltsva said:

And yet coaches and GM's can workout an unsigned new player during the season, hoping that new player will take the place of a player currently on the team. If they feel the new player is an upgrade they will sign him and cut the old player. 

What are you trying to prove here? Because the original point - an interviewee is negotiates with the person he would replace - is not present in your scenario. The way it works in any job since the history of employment is, guy applies for job, meets person employing him - also known as the employer - and he decides whether to hire.  

The player does not negotiate condotions of employment with his fellow players, he does so with the coach and gm. The coach negotiates with the owner anfd gm, and the gm with the owner.

13 minutes ago, coltsva said:

What are you trying to prove here? Because i dont think youre saying what you think you mean.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

What are you trying to prove here? Because the original point - an interviewee is negotiates with the person he would replace - is not present in your scenario. The way it works in any job since the history of employment is, guy applies for job, meets person employing him - also known as the employer - and he decides whether to hire.  

The player does not negotiate condotions of employment with his fellow players, he does so with the coach and gm. The coach negotiates with the owner anfd gm, and the gm with the owner.

If I misinterpreted what I responded to then kindly disregard my post.

I did not read the part I quoted as that type of scenario, where the current person was interviewing someone to replace him. I read it as an unemployed coach should not interview for a job before the job opens up.