Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My dream coach.

Trace Pyott

Without a shadow of a doubt if I could

Hire anyone to coach the colts it would be the greatest colt ever Peyton. Before this last week I wouldn't have even entertained this idea because I would of considered it too far fetched but with all the recent talk about Peyton possibly becoming our next gm I think it could possible happen. I know it's still highly improbable but man if we could have him coach our team I think he would lead us to the promised land. I know a lot of former great players fizzled out as coaches but I think a lot of those guys weren't great players because of their brains but because they were super athletes. Peyton as you know is probably one of the most cerebral players in NFL history. Could you imagine him and luck breaking down a defense together?? It would be a thing of beauty. I think he would be a great motivator too because you have to respect the man for what he has done and I think that will make players play for him. Also , look at all the great players he has helped with the manning academy he runs every year. I think he would be a phenomenal coach.

3 minutes ago, Trace Pyott said:

Without a shadow of a doubt if I could

Hire anyone to coach the colts it would be the greatest colt ever Peyton. Before this last week I wouldn't have even entertained this idea because I would of considered it too far fetched but with all the recent talk about Peyton possibly becoming our next gm I think it could possible happen. I know it's still highly improbable but man if we could have him coach our team I think he would lead us to the promised land. I know a lot of former great players fizzled out as coaches but I think a lot of those guys weren't great players because of their brains but because they were super athletes. Peyton as you know is probably one of the most cerebral players in NFL history. Could you imagine him and luck breaking down a defense together?? It would be a thing of beauty. I think he would be a great motivator too because you have to respect the man for what he has done and I think that will make players play for him. Also , look at all the great players he has helped with the manning academy he runs every year. I think he would be a phenomenal coach.

Wake up, it's getting late.

Oh, and, just so he doesn't bring in Johnny Foosball to see if he can still be fixed.....

Peyton doesn't even really strike me as the coaching type or somebody who would enjoy coaching. Obviously he's a brilliant football mind but I don't know, I just feel like it wouldn't be for him. Of course, that's coming from somebody who doesn't know him at all.

I do think he'll eventually be a great addition to somebody's front office. Hopefully ours. He seems more fit for that type of role. I almost think he'd look odd with a headset and a clipboard as weird as that sounds. I imagine him in a suit and office role much more easily for some reason.

53 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

My dream coaches are down in Miami. Gase at HC and Christensen at OC. 

Not exactly a dream as much as I just really wish those were our guys.

Christensen was our qb coach from man I g all the way to last year....

Why do you guys think he would be a better gm than a coach?? He knows nothing about putting together together a roster and payroll and stuff like that but he knows the X's and O's probably better than anyone. I mean the time he was injured and wore the headset to help Painter probably gave him more experience in wearing a headset and coaching than he has experience running a team as an executive. To me I just think of all the things I want my head coach to do and wether he can do that. Does Peyton know every freaking detail of the NFL from the X's and O's to to the favorite snack foods of all the men who cut the grass on the fields he knows it all. Can he motivate people to play for him?? I believe so. He has shown he can get into someone's rear end if they screw up but he isn't a hot head either. I don't think you can find anyone in the NFL who is more respected than #18. So yes, he can manage the games and game plan with the best of them....I would def say better than our current coach, and I think he can motivAte our guys to play to the best of their abilities. I cannot think of 2 more important attributes for a head coach than those 2 I listed above.

I don't get the hype with Peyton. He was a great player but that doesn't automatically mean he will be a great GM. Not trying to dog on him or anything it's just a shot in the dark. Just like Ryan Grigson was. And if the time ever came to fire Peyton, it would suck...

I remember this being discussed a while back (I think it was the commentators at one of the games), but I believe that Peyton is too much of a perfectionist to be a good coach. Yes, that is a thing. He was a great player but I feel that with some front office experience he would be better destined in a GM type role for the long-term future than as a coach. Similar to what John Fox is now. In my honest opinion, I think that being a head coach for 5+ years of an NFL team is much harder than the GM equivalent. But then again what do I know lol. 

However, he probably wouldn't be a bad QB coach (or even OC who knows!), considering he was basically his own coach for the latter part of his career.