Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"Edge" snub

GAColtsFan

He's gotta wait for Tomlinson then I think he's got a shot for the next few years. I've always maintained that if Bettis got in Edge should too. 

*Throwback: Looks like Hines is gonna be waiting for awhile. TO and Holt. Then Moss. He may get in between the Fitz retirement years....

26 minutes ago, IndyTrav said:

He's gotta wait for Tomlinson then I think he's got a shot for the next few years. I've always maintained that if Bettis got in Edge should too. 

*Throwback: Looks like Hines is gonna be waiting for awhile. TO and Holt. Then Moss. He may get in between the Fitz retirement years....

Bettis shouldn't be in. I guess that cool nickname helped

26 minutes ago, IndyTrav said:

Still unironically on that Hines Ward train huh?

4 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Bettis shouldn't be in. I guess that cool nickname helped

Bettis had a lot going for him. Good career. Marquee team. Cinderella finishing story. Works in media. Well liked by peers.  Him making it in was a no brainer with those factors. 

15 hours ago, FL Colts Fan said:

After being a finalist last year, I thought James was an almost sure bet to enter the Hall of Fame this year. He deserves a bust in Canton.

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/01/03/colts-edgerrin-james-falls-short-fails-to-make-hall-of-fame-cut/

Yes, I thought this was a bit ridiculous that he wasn't even a finalist.  Him and LaDanian were the 2000's all-decade team RBs. 

Edge, like Dungy says on colts.com front page, was the best pass-blocking RB of his generation.  The injury early in Edge's career definitely set him back a bit (which is definitely a part of the reason his numbers weren't in line with LT's), but he recovered and put together 5 more 1,000 yard seasons (with 2 teams) and one season with 989.

He's got the 'magic number' of >12,000 career rushing yards, is 12th all time rusher (retired above that, but has since been surpassed by a couple), and has several NFL records as: Fastest to gain 3,000, 4,000, 5,000, 6,000, 9,000, 10,000, 11,000 and 12,000 yards from scrimmage (and youngest for most of them).