Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Gore apologizes to Colts fans

RockThatBlue

18 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Something bout those numbers don't add up!

Even outside of division it's mediocre not horrible!

You had to know that after he resigned these guys he was giving them a do over. Unless they went 3-13 or something.  But I would lay a nickel down that Jim Irsay is planning to see if they can build on this or not!

I did forget the 3 losses that Bruce had so it would technically be 32-20. Just barely over 500. in the south and having Luck = pathetic. Also the other 2 I do belive had won their SB's by year 5 too. 

Just checked the website I was looking at was 4 years so it's actually 40-28 thanks for catching that and making me check it out more.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Thanks, Terry Bradshaw.

All Tomlin has done is win 100 games faster than any other coach in NFL history.

Wow,  that sure is a lot of cheerleading!

Just to be clear, I was mocking Bradshaw

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Thanks, Terry Bradshaw.

All Tomlin has done is win 100 games faster than any other coach in NFL history.

Wow,  that sure is a lot of cheerleading!

Tomlin is a top 5 coach..Could end up with another Super Bowl this year...

When you look at GREAT players and how hard it is for them to win... I think that just shows exactly that, how hard it is to win... at anything, and at any level.

Sunday night they were talking about McCarthy on SNF and possibility of being on hot seat and how with a QB like Rodgers you're expected to win.. and they got 1 but when you trip on it, it's like dang you really do think he'd win more... but yeah, it just goes to show you..

imagine players who never even get a shot...

i get so mad mad cuz I'm used to winning but yeah I know we are just spoiled.. still hurts tho

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

He has nothing to apologize for.  Nice to see us have a running game

ty frank!

I agree..He certainly didn't have to say that..

I think everyone knows he came here to get in the playoffs..He ran hard...especially late in the year..

..behind a half-rookie line

..It says something about him that he did this

Just now, IndySouthsider said:

I see what you did. Your numbers are wrong.

49-31 or 40-28 if you want to remember e Arians numbers!

Yeah I said that in the post up top the first website I checked it only had chucks first 4 years record I missed that. After you subtract Arians 9-3 you get the 40-28 for Chuck with a 3-3 playoff record. Harbaugh had a 9-4 playoff record with 1 superbowl win after 5 years. Tomlin had a 5-3 record in 5 years with 1 superbowl win.

44 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I did forget the 3 losses that Bruce had so it would technically be 32-20. Just barely over 500. in the south and having Luck = pathetic. Also the other 2 I do belive had won their SB's by year 5 too. 

Just checked the website I was looking at was 4 years so it's actually 40-28 thanks for catching that and making me check it out more.

12 wins is not "barely over .500," and the wins belong to Chuck, it was his team that he put together and Arians coached it the way Chuck wanted.

On track: I really hope Gore sticks around, love that guy. A real hard runner and clearly a classy professional. If we can get two more years out of him that would be terrific. 

2 minutes ago, VocableLoki said:

12 wins is not "barely over .500," and the wins belong to Chuck, it was his team that he put together and Arians coached it the way Chuck wanted.

On track: I really hope Gore sticks around, love that guy. A real hard runner and clearly a classy professional. If we can get two more years out of him that would be terrific. 

Dear lord another excuse for chuck. Are you a related?

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Dear lord another excuse for chuck. Are you a related?

Not an excuse. It's how coaching records are calculated and justifiably so; those wins are on Chuck's record, that is simply a fact.

EDIT: Same with "barely over .500." 32-20 would be 61.5%, his record of 44-26 would be 62.9

Edited by VocableLoki

Just now, VocableLoki said:

Not an excuse. It's how coaching records are calculated and justifiably so; those wins are on Chuck's record, that is simply a fact.

Yeah he was coaching them from his home or the hospital? sure they go on his record but he didn't coach them Bruce did no matter if you like that or not.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah he was coaching them from his home or the hospital? sure they go on his record but he didn't coach them Bruce did no matter if you like that or not.

Again, his team that he put together. Arians followed Chuck's vision, so that is still Chuck's team. Arians took on some more duties but had been calling the offensive plays anyway so that didn't change much, Manusky still called defensive plays. If I remember correctly, Chuck did plenty of work from the hospital once he was able. 

Not sure what there is to argue, Pagano was still the head coach and still gets credit for the win.

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah I said that in the post up top the first website I checked it only had chucks first 4 years record I missed that. After you subtract Arians 9-3 you get the 40-28 for Chuck with a 3-3 playoff record. Harbaugh had a 9-4 playoff record with 1 superbowl win after 5 years. Tomlin had a 5-3 record in 5 years with 1 superbowl win.

If you don't count Arians wins,  Pagano is 41-23 in the regular season.  That's a winning percentage of .641

Chuck .641 

Tomlin .642 

John Harbaugh. .590

Sean Payton. .591

2 minutes ago, VocableLoki said:

Again, his team that he put together. Arians followed Chuck's vision, so that is still Chuck's team. Arians took on some more duties but had been calling the offensive plays anyway so that didn't change much, Manusky still called defensive plays. If I remember correctly, Chuck did plenty of work from the hospital once he was able. 

Not sure what there is to argue, Pagano was still the head coach and still gets credit for the win.

Your right there is not much to argue how any of you can argue in support of Pagano is beyond me

38 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm confused, wasn't Arians first game coaching the Packers game which would've been week 5 after a week 4 bye.  So wouldn't Pagano have been 1-2 that year and Arians 10-3?  Unless he missed a game, I can't remember.

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

I'm confused, wasn't Arians first game coaching the Packers game which would've been week 5 after a week 4 bye.  So wouldn't Pagano have been 1-2 that year and Arians 10-3?  Unless he missed a game, I can't remember.

Idk I Googled it and it said 9-3 lol

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

It doesn't matter.   Do you understand what percentage means?   Also,  I'm positive he is more intelligent than....  Well you get the idea

The entire point is at the same point as chuck they had way better records and in a more difficult division and a better playoff records while already winning the super bowl. both are head over heels better coaches then chuck think they are not all you want but it's still false 

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

The entire point is at the same point as chuck they had way better records and in a more difficult division and a better playoff records while already winning the super bowl. both are head over heels better coaches then chuck think they are not all you want but it's still false 

Ok,   I'm sorry you don't understand percentages

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It doesn't matter.   Do you understand what percentage means?   Also,  I'm positive he is more intelligent than....  Well you get the idea

The percentage will of course be in chucks favor he's got to play the Jags Titans and Texans twice a year for 5 years.