Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts getting healthy (aside from IR guys)

TKnight24

Interested to see what they do with the o line now that Reitz and Good are back. They had a good game last week but it's been stated that the o line has played very well the last few weeks anyways. I'd honestly like to keep it the way it was last week and see what else the young guys can do. And also wanna see more Harrison at guard 

1 hour ago, NorthernBlue said:

Interested to see what they do with the o line now that Reitz and Good are back. They had a good game last week but it's been stated that the o line has played very well the last few weeks anyways. I'd honestly like to keep it the way it was last week and see what else the young guys can do. And also wanna see more Harrison at guard 

They're probably go back the o-line with anthony, harrison, kelly, good, and haeg I think good is better at right tackle though 

3 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Almost 200% sure they'll switch it back to  The mess it was

1 hour ago, will426 said:

Almost 200% sure they'll switch it back to  The mess it was

This was my thought too. Granted I don't think you can say just because they did look pretty good last week you can say it was because we moved the line around  but you can't rule it out either. Here is the sad part of this team. You have Haeg who nobody seems to know where he fits but he plays well enough at every spot so far to have hope he will be a solid player. You have Good who we seen last season do well at tackle to have optimism that he could be an option over there and he has been just ok at guard this year making you wonder if he will just be a back up. Then you have this Clark guy that the team hyped up as a red shirt freshman guy with loads of potential with time and in his first start, he looks better than we thought he might. Nobody though has had that "wow he looks dominant". I don't think anyone knows exactly what we have from the fans to the coaches. 

Honestly, I'd rather them keep Clark in and let's see what we have. I don't care if the playoffs this year is at stake or not, let's look at our long term options and also hope we win out. 

48 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

This was my thought too. Granted I don't think you can say just because they did look pretty good last week you can say it was because we moved the line around  but you can't rule it out either. Here is the sad part of this team. You have Haeg who nobody seems to know where he fits but he plays well enough at every spot so far to have hope he will be a solid player. You have Good who we seen last season do well at tackle to have optimism that he could be an option over there and he has been just ok at guard this year making you wonder if he will just be a back up. Then you have this Clark guy that the team hyped up as a red shirt freshman guy with loads of potential with time and in his first start, he looks better than we thought he might. Nobody though has had that "wow he looks dominant". I don't think anyone knows exactly what we have from the fans to the coaches. 

Honestly, I'd rather them keep Clark in and let's see what we have. I don't care if the playoffs this year is at stake or not, let's look at our long term options and also hope we win out. 

The line pushed well and especially on clarks side that right here is a big plus to me considering our rt is constantly injured nor is he strong..I just think Clark needs strength him being pushed back isn't good but at least he gets pushed back and  keeps the linemen going around nd not directly into luck like we've seen in the past 

11 minutes ago, will426 said:

The line pushed well and especially on clarks side that right here is a big plus to me considering our rt is constantly injured nor is he strong..I just think Clark needs strength him being pushed back isn't good but at least he gets pushed back and  keeps the linemen going around nd not directly into luck like we've seen in the past 

I agree. Clark does good at not allowing the defender to go inside or outside of him but the raiders will be watching tape and having Irvin and Mack bull rush on him and he will have a rough time. I'm not sure we should start him when tomorrow is our last hope. But then again all of our lineman on our right side don't stop anybody from pushing them back lol.  Can't afford any strip sacks. Most important thing is  keeping Luck from taking any big hits. 

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I agree. Clark does good at not allowing the defender to go inside or outside of him but the raiders will be watching tape and having Irvin and Mack bull rush on him and he will have a rough time. I'm not sure we should start him when tomorrow is our last hope. But then again all of our lineman on our right side don't stop anybody from pushing them back lol.  Can't afford any strip sacks. Most important thing is  keeping Luck from taking any big hits. 

I agree chud better not go back to the 5-7 step drops or this forum will explode haha 

Just now, will426 said:

I agree chud better not go back to the 5-7 step drops or this forum will explode haha 

I can't believe it took him this long to even try that game plan. We would be unstoppable with a game plan like that with a few added shots down field. Defenses know we like to call plays that take 4 seconds to develop. If we mixed it up, we would get a lot less of two deep safety's and we could average 32-33 points a game. 

15 hours ago, CR91 said:

AC haeg Kelly good Clark

Sound about right?

That's the one I would like to see. Getting a better read on Clark for next year is paramount IMO. If he can't play at a good level , we need to spend a high draft pick or FA money on another O Lineman. Another year with the OL being a " work in progress" is IMO around 99.92% unacceptable.