Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck is practicing

snkdy

9 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Great injury report . Sounds like at worst we'll get both Ol , Luck and Geathers back. I would bet TY also plays. Sounds like Davis has good chance and no word on Mathis. That's pretty good news considering Thursday presser...

Yeah, it was ugly Thursday, but at least they had a long week to recover. Having a MNF game helps, too. 

Luck is probably fine, but the line better protect him as if their lives depend on it next week since we don't want this to happen.....AGAIN.

I am expecting Luck to play great though against the Jets since missing the Steelers game at home on Thanksgiving had to burn him standing there watching that disaster live.

Glad to hear Chewbacca is back in action & feeling good. In Scott Tolzien's defense against the Steelers, I did appreciate his ability to sling the ball down the field in rapid succession with a quick release.

He made me proud as a Badger Alumni since UW-Madison QBs on average are nothing to rave about in most cases. 

Scott didn't make me cringe on the big stage. He actually moved well & isn't a dink & dunk short/intermediate pass kind of guy a la Chad Pennington. Thank God. He must have listened intensely to Aaron Rogers & Philip Rivers. Nice. 

Plus, I've seen Scott do a pretty good side arm throw like you usually see in baseball among pitchers....A great tool for shovel passes & goal line dump offs close to end zones for touchdowns very similar to Brett Favre & Russell Wilson actually. 

DE Sheldon Richardson worries me though. He was a thorn in Brady's side yesterday & given Luck's concussion recovery I'd by lying if I didn't express some legitimate concern over Andrew's health. Our OL has it's work cut out for it coming up. Richardson is a game wrecker man. Size, strength, & a top notch tackler. 

The Jets defense is darn good & INDY has to be alert & give Luck time to throw. 

Leonard Williams with that wild hair bearing down on Luck from the other side scares the crap out of me too. We might be able to slow down 1 but not both & if Chewy can't step up or climb the pocket by sliding forward, we are so screwed. Man, I pray I am wrong. 

The problem is you can't really put in an extra blocker or TE to chip either Richardson or Williams so I don't know how Chud gives Chewy a few extra seconds to get a 1st down. Both DEs are massive, quick, & like trying to move an elephant man.