Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

23 seconds

runthepost

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Jim Caldwell has been a pretty god offensive coach..with 3 different teams..

.....even though Colts diehards still cant tell the truth about it.

Lions are 5-4

I was more talking about clock management but yes....impressive that Stafford and he look better without Megatron. 

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Lions are 5-4

He single handedly gave the jets a win in thedivision round in a year where we had high hopes for a super bowl. i dont care if he's been good, he will always be remembered for that. thats just me. 

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

He single handedly gave the jets a win in thedivision round in a year where we had high hopes for a super bowl. i dont care if he's been good, he will always be remembered for that. thats just me. 

But in the mind of everyone else....he's been a head coach twice..an OC on a Super Bowl team..

..and is a highly respected offensive coach.

Folks have to know that even if they don't accept it

13 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

But in the mind of everyone else....he's been a head coach twice..an OC on a Super Bowl team..

IM not saying hes as bas as most say around here, but im still glad he isnt our coach, despite Pagano...

Yes, the Vikes were playing a prevent defense. I did not understand why, given how good the defense played in the 3rd and 4th quarters before that last drive before OT.

Anyway, I have to give Stafford and the Lions all the credit. Stafford got the team from the Lions 25 yard line to the Vikes 40 yard line in like 21 seconds in just a few plays. The clock almost ran out but Stafford spiked the ball just in time. He is showing leadership that he has not shown before. It is good to see for a team that has won only one playoff game since the early 1990s. 

Wow...the Prevent bit Zimmer. That's proof that anybody will for it. I don't know why they don't just get in some kind of base defense in these situations. You don't have to either bring the house or play Prevent.

I've always liked Stafford except on those short passes he does where he sidearms and doesn't step into the throw. That's how he blew the Titans game.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Yes, the Vikes were playing a prevent defense. I did not understand why, given how good the defense played in the 3rd and 4th quarters before that last drive before OT.

Anyway, I have to give Stafford and the Lions all the credit. Stafford got the team from the Lions 25 yard line to the Vikes 40 yard line in like 21 seconds in just a few plays. The clock almost ran out but Stafford spiked the ball just in time. He is showing leadership that he has not shown before. It is good to see for a team that has won only one playoff game since the early 1990s. 

Prevent defenses are a travesty. I don't know why teams keep doing it. 

The only thing it prevents is winning.

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Prevent defenses are a travesty. I don't know why teams keep doing it. 

The only thing it prevents is winning.

I agree. It made no sense. It was demoralizing for the team and frustrating for us fans. 

Let's see how we do next week against Washington. A few weeks ago, I purchased tickets to that game. I am now unsure that I want to go, as it is a four-hour trip from my home. The ride home will not be fun if the Vikes lose. They are not playing well now.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I agree. It made no sense. It was demoralizing for the team and frustrating for us fans. 

Let's see how we do next week against Washington. A few weeks ago, I purchased tickets to that game. I am now unsure that I want to go, as it is a four-hour trip from my home. The ride home will not be fun if the Vikes lose. They are not playing well now.

Yeah I thought Minnesota had it in the bag, Lions did the same thing to us. Pretty demoralizing. Good thing is you are still 5-3 and GB is 4-4, Lions are 5-4 but they generally fizzle out.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I would go, they wont lose 4 in a row.

7 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Lions are 5-4

Yea, i still think he got a raw deal here.  I liked him as our coach.

everyone laughed at his lack of facial expressions but i always thought he was decisive and had the team ready every week.  I liked his sense of calm.  The players are professionals.  They can get themselves jacked up.  They really don't need the rah- rah.  Imo.

18 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

To me, he would do better than Pagano with the current Colts, just a hunch, take it for what it is worth :)