Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"sources" Manning Is Not Progressing/more Than Likely Retire (Merge)

SilentHill

I think it's going to be really hard for Peyton accept and I fully expect him to sign with another team and try to play but if the nerve doesn't come back it's going to be hard. He would be like Chad Pennington. Not much of an arm and having to beat you with his brain. Now with that said Peyton might be able to do that very well.

Rex Ryan: "Tom Brady thinks he is on the level of Peyton Manning. But, he isn't.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see Manning play for Houston or even Tennessee and come back and beat the Colts every time til he retires. Would hate to have him retire but he's had a pretty long career already and it would just suck for him that he could't go out on his own terms.

Colts play the Jets next year. What if Peyton goes to the Jets like Favre did in 2008? Then this also would be strange since it all came after the Giants won a SB in a suprise playoff run.........

What if Peyton goes to the Jets and then beats the crap out of the Colts like the Vikings did vs. Green Bay in 2009?

Oh the thoughts in my head!!!!!!!! Make them stop.

Worse thought.

What if he goes to Miami and takes Reggie with him. They COME to Indy next year. That has the makings of a Sunday Night Football game and could get ugly if Luck plays like a rookie.

Worse thought.

What if he goes to Miami and takes Reggie with him. They COME to Indy next year. That has the makings of a Sunday Night Football game and could get ugly if Luck plays like a rookie.

Yeah Miami kinda has been in my mind too. Let's not get too carried away. Cleary Lucky is gonna beast all over that Dolphins defense.

Okay I know. I don't expect rookie miracles.......*sigh*

Peyton is gonna kick our * on another team lmao.

Wow, there is a lot of resientment over this, especially by the, "we don't know for sure" crowd.

To beat an old quote to death yet once again.........................."Denial isn't just a river in Egypt"

Btw, Mud Shark is my fave Zappa hit with Joe's Garage a close second ;)

If we end up cutting Dallas Clark, and Miami gets Manning and Wayne... Most Miami fans want an upgrade from Fasano, they could sign Dallas, then they get basically our offensive core for the last decade to go along with a pretty good o line, top 5 defense and Brandon Marshall? I may end up attending more Dolphin games this year...

because he's on a message board and can tell you he's the * king of england if he wants to...doesnt make it so...

he very well could be a doctor, but claiming it on a message board doesnt make it a fact

MAC(who had the same surgery as Manning) has talked to him extensively and he is a doctor. It is a fact.

Just to be accurate, I didn't talk to him "extensively". I asked a series of questions in a forum post, and he responded to some of my questions in a post, and to what he considered to be the "personal" parts in a PM.

I had quite a bit of prior knowledge in the area based on my personal experience, and anything that he has posted either confirmed or rational expanded on what I knew already. He rarely posts, and when he does it's invariable to rein in someone else's declarative statements about Peyton's condition - which they usually obtain from internet copying and pasting, not medical school. At this point I'm quite confident that I can tell the difference. This is not someone trolling or seeking applause, it's a Colts fan patiently sharing his hard-earned knowledge about a unique situation with other Colts fans. If anyone would like to draw their own conclusions, they should read his posts before making toxic comments. As far as I'm concerned we are lucky to have him, and I'd be pretty irritated if someone created an atmosphere from which he decided to withdraw.

If we end up cutting Dallas Clark, and Miami gets Manning and Wayne... Most Miami fans want an upgrade from Fasano, they could sign Dallas, then they get basically our offensive core for the last decade to go along with a pretty good o line, top 5 defense and Brandon Marshall? I may end up attending more Dolphin games this year...

Thats a lot of talent to take to South Beach. :lmao:

To beat an old quote to death yet once again.........................."Denial isn't just a river in Egypt"

Btw, Mud Shark is my fave Zappa hit with Joe's Garage a close second ;)

Joes Garage is one of the best albums, the story is timeless, in a very Zappa kinda way.

And that quote is excellent, but I've seen three different variations here in the last few days. I'm googling Sam Clemens quote.

You know whats kinda sad? We all kinda feel/know there is a good chance Peyton is gone. But, we have to wait. And wait.

We may see Peyton at the SB cheering on Eli lovingly and knowing the whole time he might be gone soon from the very stadium.

It's all so odd. Between Peyton missing this season and almost out the door to Eli and Brady (of all people) in the Indy SB.

Football Gods......they got an odd sense of humor.

In return for all this I expect nothing more then a dynasty under Luck now. K, thanks.

You know whats kinda sad? We all kinda feel/know there is a good chance Peyton is gone. But, we have to wait. And wait.

We may see Peyton at the SB cheering on Eli lovingly and knowing the whole time he might be gone soon from the very stadium.

It's all so odd. Between Peyton missing this season and almost out the door to Eli and Brady (of all people) in the Indy SB.

Football Gods......they got an odd sense of humor.

In return for all this I expect nothing more then a dynasty under Luck now. K, thanks.

All I know is after this calander year our kharma is more than good with the football goods for pulling the starters against the Jets!

All I know is after this calander year our kharma is more than good with the football goods for pulling the starters against the Jets!

The Jets also received bad karma. Falling short of last years SB and now missing the playoffs this year. The Jets/Giants traded playoff destiny in that game this year. Eli survived. Eli is our knight in shining armor yet again ready to battle the boys from Boston.

The Jets also received bad karma. Falling short of last years SB and now missing the playoffs this year. The Jets/Giants traded playoff destiny in that game this year. Eli survived. Eli is our knight in shining armor yet again ready to battle the boys from Boston.

any chance we can just get him a white horse to ride on on his way from the airport?

Joes Garage is one of the best albums, the story is timeless, in a very Zappa kinda way.

And that quote is excellent, but I've seen three different variations here in the last few days. I'm googling Sam Clemens quote.

I paraphrased as the actual quote is: Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Though the meaning is the same...

I believe Reggie is a class act and would take a pay cut to be with Peyton and a contender.

Reggie is a class act. However, this is Reggie's last pay day.......he has to do what is right for Reggie and make as much money as he can. Not saying he will go to a bottom feeder....just saying he won't play for peanuts since he already earned his ring.

I had always wanted to listen to Zappa to judge him for myself, so I bought his latest album at the time (cassette actually..yes, I'm that old). Listened to recorded court proceedings for what seemed to go on for an eternity. I stopped my car, got out and stomped it to smithereens with my boots :) Hahaha. While I never did end up liking him, I do admire the band he put together. Great musicians.

I looked it up and the NFL Combine is supposed to be the 24th and 25th in Indy. Why would they cut Manning nearly two weeks before March 8th?

And according to the article, when these GM's were being interviewed earlier in the month, Irsay supposedly said there was already a plan in place to move on from Manning? First, even without the nerve damage he'd be thinking about an eventual changing of the guard. And during the time of the GM interviews, articles were circulating that Irsay believed Manning and Luck could exist on the same team. So that was a lie and now this is the TRUTH?

When did the tone of the board turn so bleak about Manning's future. Was it Rob Lowe? Last month there was optimism about the bone healing and reports Manning was throwing the football.

For months, even years, fans have been saying Peyton's chance of getting to another Super Bowl would be replacing Chris Pollian, firing Jim Caldwell, the special teams coach, the strength conditioning staff, and getting more balance on both sides of the ball. Well, the wish list has been filled. But suddenly this spells the end of Peyton Manning as a Colt, not an Elway-like late career run for another championship ring?

During the season, people said, "Heck, 80% of Peyton Manning is better than most qbs in the league.' A few weeks ago people were saying it was the best thing for Irsay to be tight lipped about his intentions. He was playing zen poker with the other teams and if he intended to trade Luck to fill in the team's holes he had to be secretive. Now it's how Manning should be cut. No hard feelings. Buh-bye.

I hope Peyton remains a Colt. And I can still find reasons to be hopeful he does.

I had always wanted to listen to Zappa to judge him for myself, so I bought his latest album at the time (cassette actually..yes, I'm that old). Listened to recorded court proceedings for what seemed to go on for an eternity. I stopped my car, got out and stomped it to smithereens with my boots :) Hahaha. While I never did end up liking him, I do admire the band he put together. Great musicians.

Civilization phase 3?

It's never to late to go back, maybe you'd enjoy some of the jazzier stuff? Try out The Grand Wazoo sometime if you get a hair. It's not as insane as some of his attempts at distressing his listeners. His bands are mostly all amazing.. Frank and Peyton.. Two good guys ( attempt to keep this on topic!)

We would have updates on his progress and a timetable for return, in this situation no news is bad news.

Umm, did you not see the interview after the last game where Manning said he would not update the media anymore. Before you say something, get your facts straight. Debbie downer.

This makes me think!!! if this happens just like this i know we don't receive anything in trade but what would we get for losing these 3 first rounders as far as compt. picks? what would PM give us in the next draft?

This makes me think!!! if this happens just like this i know we don't receive anything in trade but what would we get for losing these 3 first

rounders as far as compt. picks? what would PM give us in the next draft?

I don't know.. Can comp. picks be 1st rounders? Because we would get a 1st a 2nd and 3rd for losing those 3 I'd imagine if their numbers don't decline.

I don't know.. Can comp. picks be 1st rounders? Because we would get a 1st a 2nd and 3rd for losing those 3 I'd imagine if their numbers don't decline.

From my understanding, compensatory picks go no higher than the 3rd round, and a year later.

However, if you cut/release the player, you get no compensatory pick.