Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Season is over

Jeff Tolle

2 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

My sentiments exactly, i said that three(3) weeks ago.  Team is not going anywhere but South........Need to start thinking about who to draft and retool with a new coach and GM.

I was feeling the same as you were. This team was dead on arrival this season. Irsay was not sober when he met with Grigson and Pagano at the end of the season.  I knew this was coming.

I have been a fan of 30 years and this team is bad and has no heart. I remember bad seasons where we would lose but I was proud of the effort. I don't think the team is tuning in to Pagano. I believe he knows these post game cliche's are all nonsense.

Like Gore said, "I didn't come here for this"

48 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Incompetence at the owner position will surely lose you fans.

I certainly will never NOT be a Colts fan but will say that I might be finished watching them play under Pagano/Grigson.  Come to think about it, under Jim's ownership, the Colts have only had a couple of good years with the help of the arguably best franchise QB in history so there's no surprise there.

9 hours ago, JColts72 said:

Whoever thought Chiefs was an auto win was just kidding themselves.

You already know which super enthusiastic fans those were but I won't say any names. But it were those people saying "We match up well against KC" using the the last two wins against them as evidence.

At this point, I don't want a playoff spot if it moves our draft position back. There is no point in getting to playoffs and then getting blown out in the wildcard.

After looking through th rest of the schedule ive got us at about 6-10, maybe 7-9. Even so, a sorry state of affairs.

We are at least 1 FO/coaching overhaul and probably 2 good drafts away from being a title contender again at this point.

47 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Or is it? When Houston loses a game, this board goes nuts about playoff chances. lmao

Them super fans think we can make noise in the post season at 6-10 or 8-8. I wish we played NE so we can lose by 40 again to kill all hope and fire everyone

4 hours ago, ColtsAllDayLong said:

I certainly will never NOT be a Colts fan but will say that I might be finished watching them play under Pagano/Grigson.  Come to think about it, under Jim's ownership, the Colts have only had a couple of good years with the help of the arguably best franchise QB in history so there's no surprise there.

I was referring to more of a jerry jones type owner. And I feel like irsay is turning into a sack of marbles. 

I have been a colts fan since I was little, and have stayed loyal through a bit. 

I can take losing. It really doesn't bother me to lose especially if you're still building the team. But when you have an incompetent GM, who hired an incompetent HC, who was hired by, what appears right now to be, an incompetent owner, you lose fans. I for one will lose patience quickly at the sight of incompetence. Unwilling to be wrong. Unwilling to learn from their mistakes. Unwilling to admit they aren't winners. You need leaders of men not leaders of boys. Leaders of men are few and far between I get that. No problem here understanding that. But when you're too incompetent to admit to yourself you're failing, there becomes a sort of repetitive theme. A theme of losing. And a theme of playing without heart. I have never seen a team in my life so without hope to win. There is no fire in their bellies to beat the man in front of them. It's like they coasted through the first 3 seasons and it gave them the overall feeling that the NFL isn't that hard. Like things come together on their own. But they don't without putting work in. 

You know what was so great about Peyton Manning? He was relentless. It wasn't just about being relentless in games and against opponents. It's about being relentless on the practice field. It's about being relentless on the mistakes you know you have in football. It's about having the ability to know you need to go back to the BASICS in football, and get your % together. 

Our coaching staff is too incompetent to admit to themselves they aren't great, and it shows. 

You wanna believe in the team? That's hard to do when your coaching staff does not. For players and fans alike. And it is REALLY showing when it comes to the players. They start the game believing they can't win, and winners don't think like this.