Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Match-ups vs the Texans

Chucklez

On paper, the Colts & Texans match-up pretty darn evenly....

HOU offense vs IND defense:

HOU passing offense: 29th

IND passing defense: 28th

HOU rushing offense: 15th
IND rushing defense: 18th

IND offense vs HOU defense:

IND passing offense: 9th

HOU passing defense: 1st

IND rushing offense: 22nd

HOU rushing defense: 25th

Those numbers look pretty darn even to me. Gotta hope TY can continue his streak of embarrassing that Texans secondary in Houston. I'm surprised how bad the Texans rushing defense is, but I guess with JJ out on IR, a bit of a drop was to be expected there.

I'd say our keys to winning this game would be that TY has to have another phenomenal game in the passing and that our Secondary has to make some plays against the faltering Osweiler.

Score predictions anyone? I'll hazard a very close game at 26 - 23 to the Colts....

Andrew Luck has to be the best player on the field for the Colts to win this one (as with every week, now that I think about it). Deep analysis, I know.

The Texans aren't a bad team, but they're not overwhelming, though the D could make Brock Oswiler look like a 72 million dollar QB.

I will have to see full 60 minutes of proper football played by the Colts until I even dare predicting a win for them for the rest of the season. Sure happy about the win vs CHI, but that was a game we should have dominated but came close to losing. For now, I have to predict 27-15 Houston win

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Houston has the league's #1 pass defense?  I didn't expect that.  Hopefully TY can knock them down a few spots

I saw that and immediately thought there was no way it was true with the season Denver and Minnesota are having defensively. Then, I saw this...

Week 1 - Jay Cutler

Week 2 - Alex Smith

Week 3 - Jacoby Brissett

Week 4 - Marcus Mariota

Week 5 - Sam Bradford

Talk about misleading.

24 minutes ago, BCoop said:

I saw that and immediately thought there was no way it was true with the season Denver and Minnesota are having defensively. Then, I saw this...

Week 1 - Jay Cutler

Week 2 - Alex Smith

Week 3 - Jacoby Brissett

Week 4 - Marcus Mariota

Week 5 - Sam Bradford

Talk about misleading.

Also, Bradford pick them a part.  I think he had 250+ passing yards?  The other 4 are not playing well this year.  Mariota did ok the last game but that's it. 

47 minutes ago, BCoop said:

Week 1 - Jay Cutler

Week 2 - Alex Smith

Week 3 - Jacoby Brissett

Week 4 - Marcus Mariota

Week 5 - Sam Bradford

Talk about misleading.

Luck will pick them apart, I don't doubt that one bit. My concern is will the defense get off of the field enough times for us to outscore the Texans?

4 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Houston has the league's #1 pass defense?  I didn't expect that.  Hopefully TY can knock them down a few spots

They've played the Bears, Chiefs, Patriots (vs 3rd string QB), Titans and Vikings.

Not really any great aerial assaults.  And Sam Bradford had a really big day against them without his #1 receiver.  I'd say that #1 ranking will be #5 after Sunday and down to the middle of the league by years end.

Other than that I agree with OP.  Two mediocre teams, one with a poor roster and a good QB, the other with a talented roster and a poor QB.

12 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Why wouldn't they defend the Patriots way - bracket Hopkins and put Vontea on Fuller?

Vontae seems to do okay against Hopkins so I would just leave it at that. Maybe put somebody quick on Will Fuller and make sure a safety is there on top at all times. I'm thinking TJ Green has the speed to do that if we decide to move him around this weekend.

3 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Vontae seems to do okay against Hopkins so I would just leave it at that. Maybe put somebody quick on Will Fuller and make sure a safety is there on top at all times. I'm thinking TJ Green has the speed to do that if we decide to move him around this weekend.

For some odd reason we don't have common sense to let Davis shadow and roll coverage to the second reciever 

5 minutes ago, tikyle said:

Not really any great aerial assaults.  And Sam Bradford had a really big day against them without his #1 receiver.  I'd say that #1 ranking will be #5 after Sunday and down to the middle of the league by years end.

Vikings had Bradford in the no-huddle for the majority of the game too. He's been their QB for a little over a month, and they trusted him completely.