Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bears Strengths and Weaknesses

GGW4Micheal

4 minutes ago, GGW4Micheal said:

Im wondering if Cutler comes back this week or if Hoyer gets the start. I dont wish any injury on a player but Kevin Whites injury came at a good time!

Cutler didn't practice today, but I think this is the week they expected him back.

This is the Bears injury report per the Bears team website.

Bullard, Jonathan DE Shoulder LP

Carey, Ka'Deem RB Hamstring LP

Cutler, Jay QB Right Thumb DNP

Floyd, Leonard OLB Calf DNP

Goldman, Eddie NT Ankle DNP

Jeffery, Alshon WR Knee LP

Kwiatkoski, Nick ILB Elbow LP

Langford, Jeremy RB Ankle DNP

McManis, Sherrick DB Hamstring LP

Miller, Zach TE Ribs DNP

Porter, Tracy CB Knee LP

Royal, Eddie WR Calf DNP

Sitton, Josh LG Shoulder LP

Trevathan, Danny ILB Thumb LP

White, Kevin WR Ankle DNP

Young, Willie OLB Knee LP

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Basically this week is the 20 point rule. Score over 20 we win, less we probably lose.

You are right, the Bears have yet to score over 17 points this season. I see us putting up 20+ so this game really depends on how well our D holds up.

4 minutes ago, GGW4Micheal said:

This is the Bears injury report per the Bears team website.

Bullard, Jonathan DE Shoulder LP

Carey, Ka'Deem RB Hamstring LP

Cutler, Jay QB Right Thumb DNP

Floyd, Leonard OLB Calf DNP

Goldman, Eddie NT Ankle DNP

Jeffery, Alshon WR Knee LP

Kwiatkoski, Nick ILB Elbow LP

Langford, Jeremy RB Ankle DNP

McManis, Sherrick DB Hamstring LP

Miller, Zach TE Ribs DNP

Porter, Tracy CB Knee LP

Royal, Eddie WR Calf DNP

Sitton, Josh LG Shoulder LP

Trevathan, Danny ILB Thumb LP

White, Kevin WR Ankle DNP

Young, Willie OLB Knee LP

Big injury list, gotta love it. Still just wednesday though, so a bunch of these guys will play.

12 minutes ago, MSColtsFan said:

So far they can't stop the run.  Allowing over 123 a game, 26th overall.  And that's in two games against rookie QBs in Philly and Dallas.  And a young one in Houston.  So maybe this is the game the Gore rushes for...  Oh, never mind. 

Normally I would find this as a good thing for our team but when was the last time we seemed to either game plan towards a teams weakness and/or capitalize on a teams weakness? It's almost as though the team could be missing the actual center of their defense, being wide open there and we would still attempt a pass against dion sanders and big play Ray at their peaks while Luck getting pressured by the little lady who had fallen and couldn't get up. 

Makes you wonder just how well these coaches break down film on team and digest that info into a workable plan. 

Just now, Jdubu said:

Normally I would find this as a good thing for our team but when was the last time we seemed to either game plan towards a teams weakness and/or capitalize on a teams weakness? It's almost as though the team could be missing the actual center of their defense, being wide open there and we would still attempt a pass against dion sanders and big play Ray at their peaks while Luck getting pressured by the little lady who had fallen and couldn't get up. 

Makes you wonder just how well these coaches break down film on team and digest that info into a workable plan. 

I agree, just like the 4th and 1 against Jax and we pass the ball. We have a QB that would be able to get it with a sneak right up the middle and not to mention we have Gore/Turbin that could of probably got it. That is just bad play calling at its best.

15 minutes ago, GGW4Micheal said:

You are right, the Bears have yet to score over 17 points this season. I see us putting up 20+ so this game really depends on how well our D holds up.

One thing you can throw out is stats that should favor the colts doing well. Case in point, the jags rushing game. We had just pretty much shut down San Diego's run game the week before and then we run into a putrid stat oriented rushing team. 

Jags week 1- 48 total with 2 yards by the QB. Week 2- 69 total yards with 34 from the QB. Week 3- 48 total yards with 17 from the QB and then they hit us for 136 total rushing yards and 36 from the QB spot. Nothing changed, we hadn't lost anyone from defense that I can recall in fact we gained people back and in theory, this should have been an advantage to us.  We couldn't stop the mighty jags run game when everyone should have been salivating but we dumped a big turd. 

Bears weaknesses:

-Secondary is a bit up and down

-Run at Leonard Floyd until he proves he can stop it consistently

-Run of play action right at Akiem Hicks and Mitch Unrien

Use alot of play action in the game and Zone runs getting that front 7 on the move. QB roll outs

1 minute ago, Gavin said:

Bears weaknesses:

Use alot of play action in the game and Zone runs getting that front 7 on the move. QB roll outs

This is a good strategy. I'm hoping we do something to this extent, but it just seems random every week. 

15 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Bears weaknesses:

We never do rollouts. I think Pagano/Irsay are afraid Luck's legs have gone gangrenous 

1 hour ago, GGW4Micheal said:

Im wondering if Cutler comes back this week or if Hoyer gets the start. I dont wish any injury on a player but Kevin Whites injury came at a good time!

Watch the colts still find a way to fall behind 20 to 6 to a undermanned bears team

39 minutes ago, GGW4Micheal said:

We are in dire need of a pass rush. So far Walden IMO has been our best rusher which isnt saying much. The QB has way to much time to pass and can just pick us apart. I think so far Ive seen only a few coverage sacks this year.

walden was our best passrusher last year to. We are in desperate need of a pass rusher